The results are in!

tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

The results are in!

Post by tom2681 »

If you don't know what this is about, then it can mean one of three things:

A. Your name starts with "Brad" and ends with "Avon".
B. You haven't been reading your PMs.
C. I haven't sent you a PM.

I asked the following question to 22 members:
"If I were to remove Brad's moderating powers by force, would you support me?"

19 have voted.
17 have voted "Yes".
0 have voted "No".
2 have chosen to remain neutral.

What needed to be done has been done.
The board will return to normal in the next few days. :)
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Thanks Tom, well done! It's about time, and I'm glad to be able to welcome you back as a mod! :D

You quite possibly saved the board, as far as I'm concerned.
Now I just hope many will eventually return, so we can get back to normal :)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

It's the right decision for the board and that's the most important thing. i take no pleasure in Bradavon's removal as mod but he foolishly imo dug his heels in when the obvious option was to step down of his own volition.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Now that the incident is over (hopefully), I would appreciate if some people (Yi, Lourdes, Salty...) would stop the Brad-bashing immediately.

What we need now is a fresh start.
We'll see where it leads us.

I'll move the "enough of Brad" threads into Bullets Feedback to keep Anything Goes clean.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

tom2681 wrote:Now that the incident is over (hopefully), I would appreciate if some people (Yi, Lourdes, Salty...) would stop the Brad-bashing immediately.

What we need now is a fresh start.
We'll see where it leads us.

I'll move the "enough of Brad" threads into Bullets Feedback to keep Anything Goes clean.
I wasnt planning on further 'Brad-bashing' anyway, cause I already said everything I wanted to say, and now that he's no longer a mod, I have no more issues with the guy other than usual arguments over trivial stuff.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

Yes that's fine,here's to a new beginning (hopefully) :)
working class blu-ray fan
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

saltysam wrote:Yes that's fine,here's to a new beginning (hopefully) :)
Now let's start a 'I've had enough of Tom' thread!!! :D :D :D

:P (j/k, obviously)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

I wouldnt agree with a ban, and that's what I've always said.

No idea why Tom 'banned' you, but you're still here so it couldnt have been a 'hard' ban.

Anyway, welcome to the boards, Bradavon78. :D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

I'm guessing Tom made a mistake with the banning thing.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Like I've explained to Grim and Brad, there is a bug somewhere in the administration panel. I was unable to change Brad's status.
Removing him from the moderators group was easy, changing his status from Admin to User was not possible.

I needed to react quickly and went for a cheap workaround (a dummy account of sorts).
This was done to ensure that Brad wasn't actually banned (which was never part of the plan).

Maybe I need to make it clear that although Brad feels he has been banned, it is not the case. He still has access to the board and is still allowed to post. It's just that his former account has been banned/deactivated until the problem can be solved.
Last edited by tom2681 on 26 Mar 2008, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Good enough for me.

Plus, Brad will be back at 15,000 posts within 3 weeks, if he makes a bit of an effort... :mrgreen: :P
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Watch out for Tom2681. He'll slit your throat and stab you in the back when you least expect it!
Hell, even I knew that! Why did you think I've been kissing Tom's ass all these years!? :D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Bradavon78 wrote:
tom2681 wrote:Maybe I need to make it clear that although Brad feels he has been banned, it is not the case. He still has access to the board and is still allowed to post. It's just that his former account has been banned/deactivated until the problem can be solved.
Can I login to my account? No because you've fucking disabled it ergo I am banned.

A fucking Guest has access to this forum, woopy doo!

Sort my fucking account out sooner rather than later. This is the last time I'll be borrowing this account.
Wait... so your first post was NOT a goodbye!?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Understood Tom, but remember that Brad-bashing is not a new trend of the last two weeks, it's practically tradition here.

See if you can get Mordib to get me FTP+phpMyAdmin access for a day or so sometime, I know he reads PM's. I'm pretty good with phpBB and I'll see if I can't fix this bug and the one that makes lots of normal users show as mods.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

Has anyone tried to contact Mordib while all this "remove Brad as mod" malarkey was going on? Can't we get in touch with him now and get him to reinstate brad's old account sans mod status?

Will one mod on these boards be enough for now, or do we need to start a poll to nominate some other members to become mods?
Last edited by Shingster on 26 Mar 2008, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Shingster wrote:Has anyone tried to contact Mordib while all this "remove Brad as mod" malarkey was going on? Can't we get in touch with him now and get him to reinstate brad's old account?
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... php?t=4487
You should really wait 15 minutes before posting.

I did PM him last week, he read it but didn't reply.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

Ah I never pay attention to the Announcements forum. :D
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

@Shingster:
Don't worry. I'm not as power hungry as my recent action might suggest.
If BnB needs a second mod, it will get a second mod.
I'm all for absolute democracy.

@Lourdes:
Mordib doesn't understand why Brad's status can't be changed either.
I'll contact him and ask him to give you what you need.

Let's hope this situation can be resolved ASAP.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

All I can say is I'd have a go, I'm no mySQL expert but I can usually fix most things. I suspect something just went awry during an upgrade.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

tom2681 wrote:@Shingster:
Don't worry. I'm not as power hungry as my recent action might suggest.
If BnB needs a second mod, it will get a second mod.
I'm all for absolute democracy.
Ah well, I've got no worries about you, I just thought it was asking too much for one person to run the boards single handedly. Maybe Lourdes should just step up and join you as a "silent" mod, stepping in only when you need to consult someone else.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I can see where Bradavon is coming from, it would be odd loosing years worth of posts. Loose the mod status is fine, not that much of a pain (you have to be crazy to want to be a mod!), but to loose your thousands of posting history would be a bit strange.

I had to restart on one forum before, it felt shit to be honest.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Shingster wrote:Ah well, I've got no worries about you, I just thought it was asking too much for one person to run the boards single handedly. Maybe Lourdes should just step up and join you as a "silent" mod, stepping in only when you need to consult someone else.
I'd rather not. I'd suggest you if anyone.
User avatar
Godzooki
King of Beggars
Posts: 594
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 15:39

Post by Godzooki »

tom2681 wrote:
What we need now is a fresh start.
We'll see where it leads us.
Its a fresh start for everyone, Brad included, hopefully he can see and accept this. Ultimately if he cant and he carrys on attacking other members (including yourself) like he has in this thread, then maybe he should go for good? :|

I hope he chooses the former though.
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
User avatar
Godzooki
King of Beggars
Posts: 594
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 15:39

Post by Godzooki »

Lourdes wrote:
Shingster wrote:Ah well, I've got no worries about you, I just thought it was asking too much for one person to run the boards single handedly. Maybe Lourdes should just step up and join you as a "silent" mod, stepping in only when you need to consult someone else.
I'd rather not. I'd suggest you if anyone.
Id agree, Shingster or Bobby.
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

Then I suggest Bobbi :D