He got to much stick for those but agreed so would I, especially as he's sing three songs.
I'm out tomorrow evening I've set my Hard Disk Recorder to record both it and the results show but suspect I'll just watch the results show. I cannot be arsed unless I see it Live.
I does sound painful too. Kylie and Jason!!! Xmas Songs!!! Cheesey Pop!!!
I haven't got a clue who Katherine Jenkins is other than Wikipedia says she's a Welsh Soprano singer (how original!) and she has massive fake knockers:
I'm sure vocally Rhydian will nail those songs he has been given, SD songs are too cheesy IMO (ADWD is a great song though, I like it )
Perhaps Sean and JD will do most of the singing
Leons other song is Better the Devil You Know (with Kylie), SD are doing the HSM song.
They did say at one point it was only 1% difference. I bet Leon only "just" one.
I cannot see Leon having a long career he's no Leona but then I get the feeling Simon and Co. have learnt their lesson by not "giving full throttle" straight away, let it take it's time.
Rydian is going to be successful, that's a given. Maybe not in Pop but he will do well. I can definitely see him performing at the West End.
Maybe it was the best thing for Rhydian not to win but I still don't get it, Leon has only sang about 2 songs in the competition that I've actually liked.
It can't have been all Scots voting for Leon (blame Simon for turning it into a "battle of the countries ) - well done to Leon but the best singer and vocalist lost. No doubt about it.
As Leon was also as much loved as Rydian it was better for Leon to win because if he didn't he'd be back in the clothes store, Rydian losing won't.
That said IMO Leon was so bland and really wasn't "that" good of a singer. I couldn't stand Same Difference but they were better singers. Rydian definitely should have won!
grim_tales wrote:blame Simon for turning it into a "battle of the countries
I think that was a great idea, there's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy banter.
Obviously Leon and Rydian didn't get to the final 2 based on their country alone. Wales has something like 3 million people and Scotland 7 million, England has about 60 million. Clearly a hell of a lot of people living in England also voted for them.
This show proves very well from a base level that the Union is working perfectly as it is! No one gives a monkeys, well most don't care anyway.
Brad wrote:As Leon was also as much loved as Rydian it was better for Leon to win because if he didn't he'd be back in the clothes store, Rydian losing won't.
I have to agree, though I'm not sure if Leon was as much loved as Rhydian TBH, Leon has been mostly mediocre through the show IMO.
Good luck to Leon though, I think he probably needed it more
i've read that the phone lines closed not long after Alan Tracy's performance,meaning Leon fns had longer to vote for him? a conspiracy like this calls for international rescue ! :drunken:
Yeah, I heard that too - I heard G Brown has been talking about this as well - hasnt he got better things to do?
Its probably better for Rhydian if he didnt win, the song is a bit pants TBH, I just found Rhydian's version less pants and his more theatrical version is more appealling to me
The song is the usual awful pop that the winner hast to sing. Rhydian is frankly better off out of the show and the stigma that comes with it (to a less degree nowadays).
Hairspray Director & Rhydian Join Phantom 2???
Date: 2nd January 2008
[whatsonstage Gossip] The Daily Mail reported on Friday that the critically acclaimed director of Hairspray, Jack O'Brien, is now attached to Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Phantom 2 project – a musical sequel to his blockbuster hit currently in development for 2009 – as director. Lloyd Webber has apparently already written a lot of the music for the show, but the book and lyrics still have quite a long way to go after a draft penned by Ben Elton “didn’t excite.” With O’Brien at the helm, the creative team are slowly being brought together with Bob Crowley, who worked with O’Brien on Tom Stoppard’s Coast of Utopia and Girl Friday at the National, already on board to design the sets and costumes.
Casting is yet to be announced but rumours are flying that the X Factor’s Rhydian, who sang the title song from The Phantom of the Opera on one of the live Saturday night shows, is being lined up to star in the sequel. In an interview with Wales on Sunday, Rhydian, who is Welsh, said: “Andrew and I have communicated. I just hope that one day I can be in one of his shows. Nothing’s set in stone yet, but my ambition is to play the Phantom 2 at the end of next year.”
According to Baz Bamigboye in the Daily Mail, “the story would be set 15 years after the events of the first show, which is still running in London. The Phantom has slipped away to New York and has set up a fairground world on Coney Island, along with Madame Giry and her daughter, Meg. He organises a concert in Manhattan for Christine, the object of his desire. Christine travels to the U.S. with her husband Raoul and their teenage son, who happens to be a musical genius...just like the Phantom. I'll go no further.” Exciting stuff…watch this space!
Seriously. I watched it last series (the first time I have) but really it does need to end. Talk about milking it.
The ONLY reason ITV are continuing it is because X-Factor and Corrie are the only two shows people watch on ITV on mass. The channel has become an enormous joke. I probably watch more on Channel 5 than I do ITV now.