Amazon 30 Day Price Drop Promise!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
Post Reply
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Amazon 30 Day Price Drop Promise!

Post by bradavon »

3 of the 4 books I bought at Xmas have dropped and I've asked for a £4.80 refund. I'll definitely be doing it in future too.

Fingers crossed it works:
What's this about?

Amazon has a hidden price promise that if you buy something and it drops in price within 30 days you can get the difference back. That means if you did any Christmas shopping there; you should check if the price has dropped in the sales, and if it has - claim the money back.

How do you get it back?

Amazon won't do this automatically, you'll need to go back and check the prices of the goods you've bought by logging into your account.

Simply visit your account and look at each invoice from the last thirty days and click on each item to view it's current price. Compare this to the price you paid and if there's a difference, copy down the order number and go to the 'Return and Refunds Contact Form' page to report it.

Step by step instructions

Log into your Amazon account
Click on 'view orders placed in the last 6 months'
Copy the Amazon.co.uk order number:
Click on the item to see if the price has dropped
Click on 'Help' followed by Contact Us, 'Customer Service'
Once you've found the right order click on Contact Amazon, copy in the order reference number and explain you'd like a refund as the price has dropped.
Source: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... l?t=671873
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I am suprised you never knew about it :) its been going for a long time now, never used it much mind you as ussually I am a few days out :(
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I heard about it yonks ago then forgot all about it. I've never tried it before.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

It works. I've received a massive e-mail explaining how it works when all I cared about was the line:

"I have therefore requested a refund of 4.80 GBP to your payment card."

:D
Post Reply