Born to Fight - Vcd 7th November - Dvd 2 weeks later

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
Limited Edition Slag

Born to Fight - Vcd 7th November - Dvd 2 weeks later

Post by Limited Edition Slag »

Born to Fight on VCD November 7th! Expected on DVD in Mid-November!
Hallelujah! Born To Fight will release on VCD in Thailand on November 7th, with the DVD expected to follow later in the month. No firm word yet on whether the DVD will include English subtitles as the film has apparently been purchased by a western company and their rights agreement may include subs being with held, which was the case with Ong Bak. But, really, does it matter?

For those who don't already know Born To Fight is the latest film by the director and fight choreographer of Ong Bak. This time out they cast a group of Thai national sports heros and built the action sequences around their unique skills. Once again there are no wires, no body doubles and they claim the film includes the most dangerous stunt ever put on film. Head to the official site for the trailer. Right now. Stop reading this. Go.

http://www.twitchfilm.com/archives/2004 ... ght_o.html
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I dont give a shit if its got no subs!
wouldnt watch it if it was the greatest film ever made!

No Subs = They can fook off! :mad:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I'm with Romero on this one.

Thanks though.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Pity as I am still awaitng Ong Bak and all its wonder, well most normal off forums overated reviews say the films shit, but the actions nice, and also people say you need subs. :duh: so the long wait continues.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I say you need subs, it has a story so why you wouldn't need them is beyond me. I have offered but you're not interested so stop moaning :D

I'd say it's decent but overrated.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

You mean Ong Bak, Brad?
IMO film-wise OB wasnt anything to write home about but the action was oustanding :o :D
While the plot is simple, its a load of bollocks to say you do not need subtitles to watch it (IMO).

See my comment in the "rate a film" thread. ;)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Yeah I was considering "Born to Fight" isn't out yet :D . I was wondering what you thought.

I couldn't stand that thread on old bullets you'd have to spend bloody ages finding a review. I can't be bothered sorry but by all means link me to your review and I'll read it.

What did you think of the speed of the subs? and the quality?

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by bradavon]
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

If this has been purchased by a Western company, I hope they don't re-edit it to suit Western viewers.

Any ideas who's distributing this internationally? Is it Besson?
Di_Ma
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by Di_Ma »

I watched Ong Bak without subs and enjoyed it. Later, when fansubs became available, I found only one little twist, which I didn’t figure out on my own. Still, I’d rather see it uncut and with the original score, than that westernized version.
As for Born to Fight, I read a review on AICN, by a guy who watched it in Thailand. He actually said that without subs film would be better and less confusing
So, personally, I’ll get that DVD subs or no subs. I’ll also buy a subbed version later, if there will be one. I’m still waiting for a subbed DVD of Making of Ong Bak, though...
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

[quote][i]Originally posted by bradavon[/i]
Yeah I was considering "Born to Fight" isn't out yet :D . I was wondering what you thought.

I couldn't stand that thread on old bullets you'd have to spend bloody ages finding a review. I can't be bothered sorry but by all means link me to your review and I'll read it.

What did you think of the speed of the subs? and the quality?

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by bradavon] [/quote]

My comments are here:

[url=http://bnb.f2t.org.uk/viewthread.php?tid=6&page=1#pid52]Here[/url]

The quality of the DVD was good (though it broke up quite a bit near the start for some reason), also the subs appeared about a second before the actual dialogue was spoken which normally wasnt too bad but could get annoying/confusing when a lot of people were talking at once or very quickly.
Ricochan38
Flirting Scholar

Post by Ricochan38 »

Heyyyy i am in thailand from 26/11 till 14/12, so that means i can pick that dvd up while i am there :)

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by Ricochan38]
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Thanks Grim. The breaking up is the unfortunate side effect of the copying process. It's usually pretty minor.

Considering the source I was chuffed with the AV.

The subs as I said originally were like this on the original source I'm afraid.

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by bradavon]