I'm not sure I understand this? I've never heard of this 1987 movie The Minatour (doesnt show up on IMDB), if its about the Minatour of Greek mythology, isn't that a bit daft to have a minatour with a body made of mercury? Its' meant to be half man-half bull.
Its not like T2 was the first film to have a shape changing villain, what about Venom in the Spiderman comics?
I don't see this one going anywhere. Concepts are impossible to copyright and you would have to prove that Cameron saw their script AND intended to steal from it. The makers of Parts have a much better case against Michael Bay over The Island.
Markgway wrote:I don't see this one going anywhere. Concepts are impossible to copyright and you would have to prove that Cameron saw their script AND intended to steal from it. The makers of Parts have a much better case against Michael Bay over The Island.
When was Parts made?
I agree Mark, just because Cameron had the idea it doesnt mean he stole from the movie directly outright. If it was "just" because of a shape shifter, then the relatives of Harvey (the bunny movie with Jimmy Stewart) could sue the Donnie Darko production company, for similar reasons.
Lawsuits take a long time Romero - a lawsuit against George Harrison's My Sweet Lord (Harrison was eventually found guilty of unwitting plagarism) didnt surface until 5 years after MSL was released.
He may have used the same ideas for Terminator, it doesnt mean he saw earlier films scripts AND intended to steal from them (which is what Mark said). If he did, then he could be successfully sued.
Yes thats' right. He claimed Cameron plagarised the 2 "Outer Limits" episodes he wrote - "Soldier" and Demon With A Glass Hand".
The suit was settled out of court.