Is there any way to translate the page (or just use the UK page to help).
Anyone know of any German e-tailors with an English option?
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Anyone know of any German e-tailors with an English option?
I want to buy the 2 German "Dollars" SE's at some point but I dont understand German at Amazon.de
Is there any way to translate the page (or just use the UK page to help).
Is there any way to translate the page (or just use the UK page to help).
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
Getting around Amazon.de is easy - it's exactly the same as every other amazon site. If you have account with one amazon site, then it will work with all of them. I managed to preorder my German "Dollars" doublepack without many problems.
Use an English amazon site as a reference and have Babelfish by your side if needed.
Use an English amazon site as a reference and have Babelfish by your side if needed.
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Here we are - Charmes.de (this is a direct link to the English version of the site):
https://ssl.kundenserver.de/www.asiadvd ... start2.asp
You need to use the above link which is on Charmes.de but it's easier to just click on it. Going to Charmes.de will auto-forward to:
https://ssl.kundenserver.de/asiadvd.net ... start2.asp
TBH mate open two windows and run through the process on the UK and German Amazon sites just don't actually buy anything from the UK site. Personally I do this but also paste paragraphs into a translator if I get stuck. Such as:
http://www.worldlingo.com/products_serv ... lator.html
http://translation.langenberg.com/
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
I find World Lingo the best but Langenberg is also very good, it's basically a large list of translators so you can almost always find one for the relevant language.
Each of these links will let you paste a website link in which is useful as it will convert the whole site BUT I wouldn't recommend you trying buying this way as it's bound to confuse Amazon.de if you try to buy something but have the site converted back to English at the same time.
https://ssl.kundenserver.de/www.asiadvd ... start2.asp
You need to use the above link which is on Charmes.de but it's easier to just click on it. Going to Charmes.de will auto-forward to:
https://ssl.kundenserver.de/asiadvd.net ... start2.asp
TBH mate open two windows and run through the process on the UK and German Amazon sites just don't actually buy anything from the UK site. Personally I do this but also paste paragraphs into a translator if I get stuck. Such as:
http://www.worldlingo.com/products_serv ... lator.html
http://translation.langenberg.com/
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
I find World Lingo the best but Langenberg is also very good, it's basically a large list of translators so you can almost always find one for the relevant language.
Each of these links will let you paste a website link in which is useful as it will convert the whole site BUT I wouldn't recommend you trying buying this way as it's bound to confuse Amazon.de if you try to buy something but have the site converted back to English at the same time.
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
Most definitely yes. See the the most recent pages on this thread.bradavon wrote:So it's confirmed their are German DVDs with remastered prints? and they're better than the UK versions? and they have English mono?
Yeah, the 4-discer. It's cheaper and I don't mind waiting a month longer.grim_tales wrote:Did you go for the 4 discer? I may just go for the seperate German 2 disc SEs which are out sooner
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
Basically they're totally separate hi-def remasters done by TLEFilm and supposed to be better than MGM's effort. It includes all the extras off the MGM discs 100% in English (only missing MGM extra is "Restoration: Italian Style", which is totally redundant since these are a different remasters). The main draw for most people is the cleaned-up English Mono and the fully uncut FAFDM (As you know the MGM muppets forgot to restore one dialogue scene.) On a minor note the coverart is alot better than the awful MGM UK efforts (I have the R2 GBU SE, man does the cover suck) and they match up with Paramount's OUATITW SE coverart.
I'm getting it for the English mono and uncut FAFDM (my fave of the Dollars trilogy). MGM can shove their 5.1 messes with added replaced/added foley effect up their arses! Remixes of films originally in mono tend to suck IMO. I like 5.1 remixes of originally 2.0 stereo/surround stuff though, if they're well done.
I'm getting it for the English mono and uncut FAFDM (my fave of the Dollars trilogy). MGM can shove their 5.1 messes with added replaced/added foley effect up their arses! Remixes of films originally in mono tend to suck IMO. I like 5.1 remixes of originally 2.0 stereo/surround stuff though, if they're well done.