Blockbuster/Gamestation merger

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Blockbuster/Gamestation merger

Post by grim_tales »

Did this happen recently?
I went in the store today and one section was the normal "Blockbuster" store (everything was redesigned with new carpets and stuff though) but the games were in a section of the store called "Gamestation" (?) = and when I gave them my Blockbuster card to trade in a game they said I couldnt use it for trading games, there was "seperate" credit for games instead.
I didnt understand why it couldnt be put on the same account??? :? So now I have £11 "Games" credit (I gotta keep the reciept) and £22.60 "Everything Else" credit, no-ones stolen anything but its a pain in the arse if you ask me. :x
Mordib
King of Beggars

Post by Mordib »

its because gamestation are effectively renting space in the bigger blockbusters. it suits blockbuster becasue it means they can concentrate on their core market, which is now dvds, gamestation like it becasue it gives them access to a customer base they wouldnt normally get such good access to by having their own shops. people come to rent movies, see the games and sometimes think 'ooh, i'll have me one of those' and vice versa...

;)

m.