Perfect Blue R2J HD Remaster

Film Reviews and Release Comparisons
ForMeThisIsHeaven
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Perfect Blue R2J HD Remaster

Post by ForMeThisIsHeaven »

This was a comparison between 1997's Jewel CD, and the 2008 Jewel Box remaster. Can't be sure if I was manipulating frames outside movement, going forward, back, then foward again, jumping the video forward and locking in on an image, like in #24. So I decided to replace 1997 entirely, knowing I've been archiving with manipulating frames in-mind since. I"D re-upload, but sold my copy not too long ago. PQ for 1997 was/is flawless, equal to Blu-ray or an HD Remaster. The 5.1 however was/is inferior, and sounds restricted. Fortunately Jewel Box fixes this, and you now get lossless audio like you do other titles. There is the issue of Scanner Noise (something another user pointed out), which can obscure detail seen previously, but noise aside, image is new, with fresh colors and updated sound.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ForMeThisIsHeaven on 01 Oct 2023, 19:46, edited 53 times in total.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Perfect Blue R2 J vs Perfect Blue R2 J Remaster

Post by HungFist »

Thanks for the comparison. I have the 2008 DVD. Also got to see this in 35mm some years ago.
ForMeThisIsHeaven
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Re: Perfect Blue R2J vs Perfect Blue R2J Remaster

Post by ForMeThisIsHeaven »

Yep. If you could take the color and sound from 2008, and use 1997's picture, we'd be great.