Anatomia Extinction (1995) coming to disc, maybe

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Anatomia Extinction (1995) coming to disc, maybe

Post by HungFist »

There's a new distributor in town, called Error_4444

And their first release will be Yoshihiro Nishimura's best film, Anatomia Extinction (1995).

Never thought that would come out officially! Tokyo Gore Police is a sort of remake of Anatomia Extinction, but ironically Anatomia looks much better for being shot on (16mm) film. It's super Tsukamoto esque, some shots I was sure Nishimura lifted from Tokyo Fist until I realized Anatomia was released before Fist. Anatomia is also a bit more cyber-punk horror than splatter compared to Tokyo Gore, but with all the gory handmade special effects you'd expect from Nishimura.

Now, details regarding the new release are sparse. It doesn't say if it will be on DVD, BD or what. And seems like their releases will be available exclusively from their own web shop. Whether they send overseas is unknown...

https://www.facebook.com/teamerror4444/ ... e_internal

https://error4444.bigcartel.com/

Thanks to DukeTogo84 for the news.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Anatomia Extinction (1995) coming to disc, maybe

Post by HungFist »

More info via facebook:

"We believe we’ll be able to offer worldwide shipping through our big cartel website. If not, we have alternatives in mind for everyone outside of the U.S.
As for the region of the disc, we’ll reveal the final details over the coming weeks! But we would prefer region free."
Guro Taku
King of Beggars

Post by Guro Taku »

HungFist wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 14:34Never thought that would come out officially!
Well, I don't think Nishimura's film school friend who became a conservative politician (?) is in this one, so I guess that makes it possible? This and SPEAKERHEAD THE BOO (another fun early Nishimura short) made the festival rounds several years ago. I'd definitely be down for an official DVD/BD release of ANATOMIA EXTINCTION. It may actually be my favorite Nishimura film. The guy displayed some very exciting talent early in his career. Not sure what happened since. I mean, I theoretically could pop his latest film WELCOME TO JAPAN into my BD player right this minute and watch it but so far I have felt like my time on Earth is limited and there are more worthwhile things to do.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Guro Taku wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 10:42 Well, I don't think Nishimura's film school friend who became a conservative politician (?) is in this one, so I guess that makes it possible?
That, and the lack of Michael Jackson :lol:

(one episode in Paradox, 1984, is a remake of the Thriller music video, and I'm pretty sure Nishimura didn't license the music :lol: )

(Nishimura's version is better than the original, btw)
Guro Taku wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 10:42 ANATOMIA EXTINCTION. It may actually be my favorite Nishimura film.
I think this is my favourite as well. Tokyo Gore and Vampire Girl are great too, and Helldriver can be a blast of you manage to ignore everything that is terribly wrong about it.
Guro Taku wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 10:42Not sure what happened since.
Looks to me like he's going down the good old ageing path ala Argento. And cheap digital (filming and effects) certainly doesn't help.

I also haven't bothered with Welcome to Japan. Or that new cooking comedy.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Anatomia Extinction
$34.99 — Coming soon

Pre-Order Date: March 25th, 2021
Pre-Order Details Forthcoming

-Limited to 1,000 Copies
-New Scan & Restoration of Original 16mm Elements Supervised by Director, Yoshihiro Nishimura
-Exclusive Art Cards by Yoshihiro Nishimura
-Introduction by Yoshihiro Nishimura
-Deleted CGI Opening Sequence
-Short Film
-Audio Commentary by Yoshihiro Nishimura
-Anatomia Extinction & Tokyo Gore Police: A Shared World Broken Down by Yoshihiro Nishimura
-Trailer
-New English Subtitles Designed by Yoshihiro Nishimura
-8-Page Booklet With Essays by Panos Kotzathanasis, Owner of Asian Movie Pulse & Mathilde Block, Genre Films Curator
-O-Card Slipcover With Newly Commissioned Artwork
-New Sleeve & Reversible Sleeve Artwork
-2 Stickers

https://error4444.bigcartel.com/product ... extinction
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

"Anatomia Extinction Pre-Orders Are LIVE! ~ OVER 50% SOLD OUT!"

Side note: Seems like Nishimura has become a painter
https://westart.thebase.in/