Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Jackie in "New Drunken Master" in 2014?

Post by grim_tales »

http://www.martialartsmoviejunkie.com/2 ... n-the-way/
This movie may be released in 2014.
Isnt Jackie way too old to be WFH anymore? :icon_suspect:
Maybe this could sort of work if they make him the Sam Seed character (cant remember the Chinese name :P ), Jackie's getting older and surely wont be able to do what he could do even 20 years ago (hard to believe DMII is almost 20 years old :o )
Jackie seems to have been revisting his classic franchises - New Police Story, Chinese Zodiac (Armour of God) and now this...
Maybe Jackie wont be in this movie much, for all we know it could add a younger man in it as the "main" character or worse, a kid :icon_suspect:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Re: Jackie in "New Drunken Master" in 2014?

Post by Killer Meteor »

Jackie can't be too old to play Wong Fei-Hung, Kwan Tak-Hing was still going at it in his 70s!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Yeah, what was he? in his 40s when he started playing WFH, late 70s when he finished? Traditionally in HK cinema WFH was an older gentleman, it was Lau Kar Leung & Ng See Yuen in the 70s that successfully reinvented WFH as a young man.
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Yuen Biao and Sammo both are finally playing older characters now. Jackie shouldn't be afraid to play his age
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Wonder if audiences can accept "Jackie" playing WFH as an older man? When Jackie started out it was a novelty to see WFH as a young man, and I've read that many audiences felt Jet Li was too young as WFH in OUATIC (though he was excellent IMO). Kwan Tak Hing had been WFH for so long that HE was WFH to many people. I think he was 76 in Dreadnaught, and 74 when he played WFH in Magnificent Butcher.
Could be interesting to see Jackie attempt it.