Mad Max 4 to be a 3D anime film

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Mad Max 4 to be a 3D anime film

Post by EvaUnit02 »

http://www.madman.com.au/actions/news.d ... ewsId=1239

Umm, okay. I guess that it's a good alternative since Mel is too old and out of shape now.

Bare in mind that George Miller is experienced in animation, having directed Happy Feet.
Go way beyond thunderdome - the next MAD MAX will be a 3D anime!

Australia's iconic post-apocalyptic road movie, Mad Max, looks set to become an anime feature film.

Claiming anime fandom in a recent interview with MTV, Mad Max director George Miller was quoted to have said, "I've always loved anime, in particular the Japanese sensibility. It's something I've always wanted to do." The film has been in development for some time, although Mel Gibson has not been, and will not be, involved.

Not shy of reworking the anime form to his own ends, Miller added, ""The anime is an opportunity for me to shift a little bit about what anime is doing because anime is ripe for an adjustment or sea change. It's coming in games and I believe it's the same in anime. There's going to be a hybrid anime where it shifts more towards Western sensibilities. (Japanese filmmaker Akira) Kurosawa was able to bridge that gap between the Japanese sensibilities and the West and make those definitive films."

A post apocalyptic anime certainly does sound fresh and new. We're certainly excited about it being in 3D, and for it to have a western edge.

Let's hope Miller's new animated sensibility for Mad Max is as violent and explosive as Happy Feet was sickly and cute!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Why bother at all!
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

No interest in this. Gibson is Max. End of.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Yeah becuase its ging to happen. Just like the 2 other Mad Max 4 threads started on here :D becasue they so happened.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Mad Max 4 to be a 3D anime film

Post by EvaUnit02 »

LOL, Mad Max 4 and 5 (Live-Action film) was scheduled to start filming early next year but it's been delayed since the location is "too green".
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... green.html