Bonnie and Clyde - 40th Anniversary 2 Disc SE

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Bonnie and Clyde - 40th Anniversary 2 Disc SE

Post by grim_tales »

DVD Times review:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67566

May be interested in picking this up, it's a good movie, we watched this in Film class :)

From DVD Times:
Warner Home Video have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Bonnie and Clyde (Special Edition) on 5th May 2008 priced at £15.99. To commemorate its 40th anniversary, Warner Home Video release one of the most influential films of our times as a two-disc special edition. Starring Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway, the story of Bonnie and Clyde is famous for breaking taboos and being one of the first films to use violence in the name of art, paving the way for a new generation of young politicised film-makers dubbed ‘New Hollywood’.

Impelled by the demands of an audience that had made clear its wishes for a new world of American movies, the revolutionary tale of ‘happy killers,’ Bonnie and Clyde changed Hollywood forever. The story of Clyde Barrow (Beatty) and Bonnie Parkers’ (Dunaway) path of destruction injected a much needed jolt of freshness, energy and sexuality into American Cinema.

Dunaway and Beatty are joined by a flawless cast, including Gene Hackman who plays Clyde’s brother Buck and Estelle Parsons who plays his wife Blanche. Known as the ‘Barrow Gang,’ they wreak havoc and violence in Central America during the Great Depression. Other cast members in this value-questioning story include Gene Wilder who makes his screen debut along with Denver Pyle as hostages in the film which turned Beatty and Dunaway into superstars over night.

Produced by Warren Beatty and directed by Arthur Penn, Bonnie and Clyde has been deemed a ‘culturally significant game changer’ that is now preserved in the National Film Registry. This two-time Academy Award-winning and eight-time Academy Award-nominated story is available as a two-disc version with the following bonus features….

* Revolution! The Making of Bonnie and Clyde consisting of three featurettes:
o Bonnie and Clyde’s Gang (22 minutes)
o The Reality and Myth of Bonnie and Clyde (24 minutes)
o Releasing Bonnie and Clyde (18 minutes)
* Love and Death: A History Channel documentary about the real life Bonnie and Clyde (43:13)
* Warren Beatty Wardrobe Tests (07:39)
* Two deleted scenes:
o The Road To Mineola (2:06)
o Outlaws (3:17)
* Teaser and Theatrical Trailer

The main feature is presented in anamorphic widescreen with English, German, Polish and Spanish DD1.0 Mono audio. Subtitles are available in English, English HOH, Croatian, Danish, Finnish, German, German HOH, Greek, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
Source: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67241

I heard there was an "Ultimate" R1 edition with a book or something?
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

This is also on Blu-ray.

Here's a summary of the American releases:-
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ ... clyde.html

Yes, there's a DVD Ultimate Edition. The "paper" extras are probably excellent, if "The Searchers" Ultimate Edition is anything to go by.

In case Brad rants, The Searchers DVD UE is very practical. A digipack that's about the width of two amarays.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I may pick up the standard BD one day. I never got around to buying it on DVD. It's not something I'd rush to see, above other films in the era.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

could never get into this film.may give it another go,many years since i last saw it.