Noir - R1 vs. R2J

Post by Lourdes »

R1 is interlaced
R2J is progressive

R1 Top, R2J Bottom

Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Post by Lourdes »

Very little difference. The R2J may be progressive but that's not important though it does have the slightest sharpness advantage and a tiny bit less EE.
The R2J BOX has the proper JP 2.0 and EN 5.1, R1 has En & JP 5.1. Not a bad mix but I would have liked the stereo. R2J has no subs of course.

This is the R2J BOX I'm comparing. The original 13-14 vols would have had the same video but they had JP LPCM instead of the 2 DD tracks.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Is this show any good? It always looked like rubbish to me, so I never bothered.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Post by Lourdes »

EvaUnit02 wrote:Is this show any good? It always looked like rubbish to me, so I never bothered.
It's a quality production - art, music etc are excellent and for that reason I never exactly disliked it. The problem is its execution, it was pain itself - nought but flashbacks and shots held for too long. It really dragged out the story unnecessarily and it gained nothing from this except more episodes. Still it's definitely better than you perceive it to be - stylish and well produced; a cut above the series you'd probably group it with, although, it does share the usual plot silliness (secret societies yada, yada).
Wouldn't write it off without trying it. It was the first series I saw and I'll be revisiting it myself soon with intent to enjoy it, I feel it will merit it.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Thanks, I'll give it a go then. Have you seen the similar series Madlax? If so, it that any good?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I've got the first volume and it's sooo boring.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I also stopped watching the show after a few episodes. If you want a nice action-anime set in modern times, I'm currently enjoying Black Lagoon, which is pretty cool.

That being said, the music in Noir was pretty cool. It's just a shame that it all isnt very interesting, and the characters aren't really memorable, of even original. Pretty bland stuff, tbh.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Post by Lourdes »

EvaUnit02 wrote:Thanks, I'll give it a go then. Have you seen the similar series Madlax? If so, it that any good?
I tried it once, just horrible. The production quality wasn't there so it was just like any other drivel; and at this point I'd realised that since the Noir soundtrack Kajiura had done nothing but repeat herself.
Yi-Long wrote:I also stopped watching the show after a few episodes. If you want a nice action-anime set in modern times, I'm currently enjoying Black Lagoon, which is pretty cool.
I liked the setting of Black Lagoon but it's nothing but low quality shounen-clichéd nonsense. "AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA" et al. I'll accept a bit of nonsense but it was to have some effort put into it.