Projected keyboard (check this out!)

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
Post Reply
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 22:33
Location: Scotland

Projected keyboard (check this out!)

Post by BiscLimpkit »

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gadgets- ... index.html

Looks quite smart... I'd like to give it a go tbh.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I've seen that before but in reality it would only lead to sore or broken fingers as you're literally hitting your fingers against a table top.
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 22:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

How hard do you type? :lol:

It'd make a decent addon to a UMPC I think, especially if the onboard keyboard is virtual/tiny. Saves carrying an actual keyboard around.

But like I said, I'd like to try it out before buying. If it's a chore to use then no thanks.
Image
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I've seen it before as well, like two years ago. Anyway that'd be useful it were built-in to PDAs, using styluses (the little plastic pointers) are annoying and far from being efficient.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

@ Eva: Agreed.
BiscLimpkit wrote:How hard do you type? :lol:
Too hard but even if you don't you're still hitting a hard surface. I can't see it being very easy to use either.
BiscLimpkit wrote:It'd make a decent addon to a UMPC I think, especially if the onboard keyboard is virtual/tiny. Saves carrying an actual keyboard around.
UMPC?

If size was a matter I'd get one of those roll up keyboards.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

brad wrote:UMPC?
Looks like a brand of tablet PCs, judging from a Google search.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Oh thanks. MS have info here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/umpc/about.mspx

I'd stick with a small laptop myself, overall much better.
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 22:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

I love having a computer with me when I travel.

Laptops are too heavy and bulky. PDA's aren't all that powerful. UMPC's are the answer. I'm going to get one in the new year. Either a Q1 or the OQO... or whatever's good these days.
Image
Post Reply