Ghost Rider..What have they done to you!!!

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
biguy

Ghost Rider..What have they done to you!!!

Post by biguy »

Jeez...a PG-13 Ghosst Rider woooohoooo :evil:

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/mov ... trider.php

Interesting to see the original script ny David Goyer was rejected for being too violent!!!

(it actually lokks a LOT like Blade from the trailer!)

Now its written /directed by the guy who did DAREDEVIL...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Strange as they already confirmed its an R for 100% certain as it can never be PG 13 as its to much for kids, all the interviews etc are all saying its R rated.
biguy

Post by biguy »

Sorry, maybe /I am mistken then....

I only read up on it yesterday, and everyone said PG13 they were goig for...

Did you see the trailer?

AERRRGGGHHHH........ :evil:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I havent seen any trailer, I cannot see where it is? as far as I knew no trailer is out yet is it?

But hey they may well end up making it a PG 13 for all we know, there is a lot of time between now and when it is out :) just seems a little odd with a mans head exploding into a ball of fire and all the flesh burning off his face to be a PG 13 :) but you never can tell.
biguy

Post by biguy »

Click on my link...

Scroll down and on the left is a list of credits...Under it says TRAILER and CLICK HERE.

You cant miss it...ITS JUST BELOW THE SIGN THAT SAYS ITS RATED PG13 :o
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

maybe it means the trailer is rated pg13,the film isn't even finished yet so won't have been classified.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

WoW that trailer really is bad :( I hope the films a lot better than that and I hope thats not the trailer they release in cinemas as its pretty embaresing to me :( Wes Bently looks truley appauling. Please let the final film be great :)
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

romerojpg wrote: Please let the final film be great :)
It very well might not be. The Theatrical cut of Daredevil (the last film from the Ghost Rider director) was a terrible film. I've heard that the Daredevil DC is actually fairly decent though.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I liked DareDevil, both cuts :) but at least the trailer for that was ok, this one just seems a little strange for me, maybe its just some sort of tester trailer that was never meant to be seen :) hope so.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

It's kinda strange. I was a HUGE comics-fan as a kid/teen, but somehow most of the movies do absolutely nothing for me.
Mostly, I'm not all that interested in seeing them.

Batman is my favourite superhero, but I still havent seen the supposedly pretty good new batman flick... (I don't really connect Bruce Wayne with Christian Bale... Bruce is supposed to be dark, handsome, bitter and moody and smart and slick and all that... but when I look at Bale I just see an ugly nerd...)
I would have preffered Joaquin Phoenix for the role, as he got the PERFECT Bruce Wayne look. Also, it could mean that Ray Liotta could play the Batman part if they would ever do a Dark Knight Returns flick, as they have pretty simular eyes and face...
Also, the Batman costume just doesnt work in real life. It works when it's drawn, as in comics and cartoons... but in a real life setting... nah, kinda ridiculous. The mask always fucks it up.

I thought the 2 spiderman movies were pretty good. Already familiar with the story, so it didnt hold many surprises and all all ... although they should have gotten a hot actress for the Mary Jane part, instead of the skinny bird they have now...
Also, the spiderman costume DOES work on-screen, and ofcourse Sam Raimi did an awesome job as director.
I'm not saying they're the perfect Spidey flicks possible, but they're pretty damn close.

X-Men 1 didnt do much for me. I was actually kinda dissapointed with it. Wolverine and Rogue looked pretty different from what I would have imagined them to look like. Rogue especially. Halle Berry is a fucking joke, as are some of the other, lesser known cast members.
X-Men 2 is supposedly better, but I havent seen it it...

I havent seen Daredevil or the new Punisher movie, or Hellboy ...
Hellboy is supposedly pretty entertaining, so might catch that one some time...
Fantastic Four doesnt seem like much fun either.

I don't really get why they would make a movie about Daredevil or Ghostwriter though... as they are hardly interesting comic-book heroes. At least, I never really liked them, and as far as I know, neither do many others...

Punisher is GREAT for a movie, but they seem to keep fucking it up. They should make it really about the psychology of the guy, who kinda becomes his own law, and enforces it brutally, but still also has some compassion left in him... at times...
In the first punisher movie, they just made him a human ninja turtle that would ride through the sewers on his bike. Yeah... that's what it's all about... looking cool while smelling like shit(!)
Havent seen the 2nd punisher movie.
But the Punisher is a very interesting character-study, so it could/should make for an awesome movie, but they just make the movies into straight action shit...
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

You don't think much of Kirsten Dunst, Yi? She is nice, IMO :) I thought Spider-Man 1 was great (haven't seen 2 yet) but then I always enjoyed Spider-Man. :) Daredevil was okay :)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote:You don't think much of Kirsten Dunst, Yi? She is nice, IMO :) I thought Spider-Man 1 was great (haven't seen 2 yet) but then I always enjoyed Spider-Man. :) Daredevil was okay :)
you enjoy spider-man and yet you haven't seen the sequel which has only been around like 18 months :o that's some hectic social life you lead grim :D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I just havent got round to watching the DVD yet, OK? :D
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Watch it, grim_tales! As soon as possible! Its fantastic - way better than the first film (which I also love) and my favourite film of 2004.

Oh, and Kirsten Dunst is fine!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I'll watch it soon, I've been watching one of the cartoon discs so its whetted my appetite :)

Yeah, she (Dunst) is nice, I bet you liked the famous wet T shirt/nipple scene in Spidey 1 IronMonkey ;)
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Oh yeah, I loved it!

And they just had to have her all wet again in Spider-Man 2 as well! I won't spoil it for you though!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

:D Thanks.
I'd better stop now as this isnt a Spidey thread :)
biguy

Post by biguy »

I myself think that HELLBOY is probably the best superhero movie out there..But i maybe think this because I haev never read the comic....

I used to like Ghost Rider when I was a young un....but that movie looks SOOOO bad....

Not REALLY a fan of superhero movies (thought Spidey was crapo)...But even though I am not really a fan, it STILL doesnt mean that they cannot make a decent movie out of one of them......
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Hopefully Spiderman 3 will make us all whoop and Superman too, so many comic book films coming out and all sound and look better than Ghost Rider.

The thing is Ghost Rider had me quite excited from what they said so far and the few pics I saw, now the trailer has kind of pulled the rug from under me a little. It looks like the entire film is set in some outback no name town in the middle of nowhere, a very quiet place where no real people live. Just hope the trailer is not any indication of the film at all :) ussually really bad trailers mean nothing at all.
sky75
Pedicab Driver

Post by sky75 »

Blade and blade II are the best comic book movies IMO
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Blade 2 is a masterpiece I think :) par 1 superb too, shame part 3 isnt :D
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

IMO X-men 1&2 are terrible films. The stories are rubbish and the idea of an X-men movie just doesn't work. There's a large ensemble cast - aside from Wolverine, Rogue and maybe Xavier and Magneto too the characters all basically 2D caricatures. You'd need more far than just 2 hours to do some proper fleshing out of every character (on the goody side at least).

Hellboy I thought was really well executed, presentation wise and Ron Perlman was perfectly cast - but the story was complete bollocks.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

unbreakable was an excellent superhero movie.
working class blu-ray fan
biguy

Post by biguy »

Hellboy was taken almost solely from one of the comic book stories...but everything seemed to come together for the movie....

Xmen 1/2 were BAD...Blade was ok ..but it didnt really go anywhere special...MY fave comic book movie is probably DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE..but its not really a superhero one....

nevber seen UNBREAKABLE.... :oops:
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

saltysam wrote:unbreakable was an excellent superhero movie.
HAHAHA M. Night Shymalan, now there's a certified hack!