£5 free from CDWOW :) go on you all need free cash!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

tom2681 wrote:@Shen:
Just buy a cheap region-free player.
They don't cost much more than £40 these days. :)
Less than £20 actually.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:The R3s from big studios are identical to the Western DVDs???

Sometimes yes, its never a guarentee thats for sure. I have bought many and they were crappy, bought others and they are indeed almost identical.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Which are crappy and how please?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

God I wish I could remember, picture quality varies, sound, extras, packaging, bugs etc.. I have had far to many to even think about it :D

latley a lot of asian big releases have such appauling boxes and inserts they are like pirates, they are truley abysmal the kind you get on magazine covers and the cover paper is just that, cheap badly printed paper! not even cut to the right size sometimes. I had Serenity Region 3 for a friend, it was shockingly inept packaging. DVD wasnt bad, but hell I dont want ugly pirate like box :D
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Should I go for

Ran, Throne of Blood or Kagemusha? :)
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

grim_tales wrote:Should I go for

Ran, Throne of Blood or Kagemusha? :)
Red Beard.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I went for Kagemusha in the end as I havent seen it :)
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

grim_tales wrote:Ran, Throne of Blood or Kagemusha? :)
All of them are great film really.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Yeah, they are. :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Throne of Blood is better from Criterion btw.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

It is. Brad I did use the Bullets link when I bought from CD-WOW (I hope) :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Did you click on the link in the first post? (or it being posted somewhere else). If so good man :)
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Yes I did. I wasn't logged in then so put it in the address bar again when I logged in.
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

woo they shipped POTC 2
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

The T&Cs say:

1. The closing date to apply for your free voucher is Sunday 31st December 2006.

Again clearly a load of bollocks and they can cancel it when they like :(
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

The code is still not working. WTF?
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I reckon they've expired the code. It's a bit cheeky when the T&Cs clearly say it should be working.

Oh well time to find new ones. I'm confident others will popup, CD WOW wouldn't be as big as they are without them. Hopefully not long.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

So the 5 pound thing wont work anymore? What a bastards... the T&C's stated it would be valid for a little while longer :cry: , so I hadnt spent mine yet :?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

Yi-Long wrote:So the 5 pound thing wont work anymore? What a bastards... the T&C's stated it would be valid for a little while longer :cry: , so I hadnt spent mine yet :?
you can still spend the code you've already received,just can't get a new one :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

As Salty says plus yep it is annoying when the T&Cs clearly say the offer shouldn't be over yet. The same goes for the £2 one.
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

woo, since my dvd didnt turn up, they;ve refunded the money and given me the £5 voucher back....yay!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

:D . How long ago since you ordered it?
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

i ordered it on the 6th december...it dispatched on the 8th
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

saltysam wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:So the 5 pound thing wont work anymore? What a bastards... the T&C's stated it would be valid for a little while longer :cry: , so I hadnt spent mine yet :?
you can still spend the code you've already received,just can't get a new one :)
Thanks. :)
used it to order Bittersweet Life :)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Already Used £5 CDWOW Vouchers Codes (From A Few Weeks Back) Now Working Again

Instructions: Thanks to adrian2000 on MSE for this. It's been discovered this morning that £5 vouchers (ones that have already been used) from the Capital One glitch a few weeks ago are mysteriously working again. I've just tried it and it worked. If you saved them somewhere or kept the original e-mails, feel free to use them again.

source= http://www.hotukdeals.com


Reports from people's experiences:-
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... 267&page=7