Asian Movies in HD!

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Lourdes wrote:Innocence is being re-released in AVC with TrueHD and DTS-HD MA.
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20080425/wds.htm
Lovely, thanks for the info.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Lourdes wrote:It'll ue the same new masters found on the R3K/R2J, they're lurverly.
I don't like the film much however!
Thanks.

I hope they have English subs this time then, those don't have English subs. Granted HK BDs are likely to have English subs.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:And it features Mono? The 5.1 remix is fairly OTT. I used to own the original DVD.
As it would likely use a remix approved by WKW, I wouldn't be worried.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

House of Fury on USA BD, 24th of June:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/ ... u-ray/1694

It's likely to be Region Free.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Damn. That's another disc to add to the ever-growing blu shopping list.
Thanks Brad.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Ya know Tom, you really don't have to punish yourself by buying every half-arse HK film.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

I take it you didn't like House of Fury, then?
Thought it was fairly entertaining (although not spectacular by any means).
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

In case it's lost in the bargain forum Shinobi blu-ray at £9.99 delivered seems a good price for a new release...here

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=40073
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Clueless_Monkey
Jade Tiger
Posts: 109
Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 20:34

Post by Clueless_Monkey »

saltysam wrote:In case it's lost in the bargain forum Shinobi blu-ray at £9.99 delivered seems a good price for a new release...here

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=40073
I preordered the disc for $17.43 @ Amazon.com including s&h to Europe :)

It used to be pretty cheap @ DVDPacific.com too, but it looks like they've adjusted the price.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

that's a great price but if in a hurry for the extra £1 you will get it quicker from MT :)
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I still aint seen Shinobi, not sure if I want to mind you after the crap I have been seeing from asia over the last year :D if it was cheaper I may think about it, £10 is a bit much to take that chance, but easy to get rid of I am sure.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I bet that the audio specs will be lacklustre, because FUNimation sucks.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

£9.99 is a perfectly good price for a HD Disc.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:£9.99 is a perfectly good price for a HD Disc.
Unless you happen to be Romero.
User avatar
Clueless_Monkey
Jade Tiger
Posts: 109
Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 20:34

Post by Clueless_Monkey »

bradavon wrote:House of Fury on USA BD, 24th of June:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/ ... u-ray/1694

It's likely to be Region Free.
It's now available for preorder @ Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0018LX9O4/
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

EvaUnit02 wrote:
bradavon wrote:£9.99 is a perfectly good price for a HD Disc.
Unless you happen to be Romero.
Yup its a shitty price

This is far better

http://www.amazon.com/Shinobi-Heart-Und ... 827&sr=8-1

£9.99 is not a good price at all to be honest, only a fool would say such a thing, they are over priced as fuck like 99% of Blu Rays. If you think £9.99 is a good price, you obviously have too much cash.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

So it's about a £1 cheaper at Amazon using the slowest shipping option. are you saying £9 is cheap and £9.99 is over-priced?
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Classic Romero quote :D

Romero is actually saying 99p less makes it not only better but "far" better. With £1 off you could get it from MT for £8.99 too.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Given that £1 would be too much for this film he kind of has a point about the significance of the quid difference.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

No even £9 is a shit price for a film you can get on standard dvd for 49p, people who keep saying these sorts of prices are good for HD, obviously have cash to burn.

and I was not on about the price delivered alone, add another title and its cheaper, or move overseas and get it for even less.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

You were the one who said £9 was "far better" ;)
romerojpg wrote:and I was not on about the price delivered alone, add another title and its cheaper, or move overseas and get it for even less.
Of course how stupid of us for not being born mind readers :D.

Bollocks you were.
User avatar
Clueless_Monkey
Jade Tiger
Posts: 109
Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 20:34

Post by Clueless_Monkey »

Infernal Affairs II is coming....next thursday. :alien:
Image
http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_deta ... uctID=8483[/img]
User avatar
Godzooki
King of Beggars
Posts: 594
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 15:39

Post by Godzooki »

saltysam wrote:In case it's lost in the bargain forum Shinobi blu-ray at £9.99 delivered seems a good price for a new release...here

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=40073
:roll: shit i paid £14.99 for mine, should be with me in the morning though so a bit extra for an early delivery is not so bad, at least thats what i tell myself anyway! :wink:
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Tigercage wrote:
saltysam wrote:In case it's lost in the bargain forum Shinobi blu-ray at £9.99 delivered seems a good price for a new release...here

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=40073
:roll: shit i paid £14.99 for mine, should be with me in the morning though so a bit extra for an early delivery is not so bad, at least thats what i tell myself anyway! :wink:
Careful Brad will say £14.99 is a bargain.

Hell if the films good to you, it will help you get over it :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

No Brad says £9.99 is a bargain not £14.99 but fair enough to Tigercage. I'd pay that for a film I wanted on BD if (I didn't think) it could be bought for less.