Licence to Kilt!!

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:What was cut?
From Diamonds Are Forever...?

The pre-credits sequence was missing the bit where 007 strangles a babe with her bikini top to extract information; a close-up of a henchman's hand caught in a cigarette case as he searches 007; and the subsequent throwing of a third scalpel into a henchman's chest.

Later in the film the Vegas cop's line: "You dirty bastard!" is missing.

A close-up of 007 shooting a fake Blofeld in the head (after he kicks the wrong pussy).

Mr. Kidd jumping off the cruiser engulfed in flames was trimmed too.

I'm not sure about this one... but the scene where 007 is trapped in the burning coffin seemed a bit shorter than I remember.

That's all I can recall off-hand... 8)
LALD is a great movie IMO :D
I thought it was lame, but hey, that's just me. :wink:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,

According to this DVD Talk link, Roger Moore is recording commentaries for the new SE's of his films. That sounds interesting as I'm sure he'll have a lot to say about his Bond experiences.

As I never owned any of the Moore films I'll probably pick some of them up.
I hope they'll be uncut - A VIEW TO A KILL was one Moore film edited by the BBFC, were there more?

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415567

:D
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:Hey, According to this DVD Talk link, Roger Moore is recording commentaries for the new SE's of his films. That sounds interesting as I'm sure he'll have a lot to say about his Bond experiences.
Cool! Velvet-voiced Roger's com tracks would be ace. No 007 has ever done a com track and it'll be hell frozen over before Connery does. MGM should ask Dalton and Lazenby to get involved too.
As I never owned any of the Moore films I'll probably pick some of them up.
I've got a few of his best ones...
I hope they'll be uncut - A VIEW TO A KILL was one Moore film edited by the BBFC, were there more?
Octopussy. A very slight (and unofficial) alteration was made to darken the credits sequence to disguise nudity for a PG. I doubt the BBFC would go to so much bother today. Other than those two the censors left Roger's films alone.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

What was cut from A View To A Kill?
Couldnt they ask Brosnan to do a comm track? I must say I'd really prefer actors to do a more spontaneous track instead of those naff moderated ones by John Cork :roll:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:What was cut from A View To A Kill?
Two kicks to the groin.

From which scene I don't know?
Locked