FREE DVDs at CD WOW!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
User avatar
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 09:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)

Post by degeneration »

bradavon wrote: Oh yeah. All the offers have gone.
No they haven't. Xena Season 3 is now up for free... just ordered it!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Cool. That wasn't part of Romero's list though. I won't order anymore until/if my existing two ship. I don't want to push the boat.
User avatar
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 09:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)

Post by degeneration »

True it wasn't... and it wasn't at 0 either when that old list was in effect. Meaning that this item has either inherited the bug, or has seriously come down in price.

My point though was that there are still some DVDs that are priced at FREE on the site.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Cool. I wonder which others there are?
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

If there was something I wanted I'd try it... but I'm not ordering shit just for the sake of getting it free.

Anyone spots any decent items post here (I find CD-Wow's search engine a pain in the arse to use).
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

There are too many to go looking thru now, well over 20000 items. Pot luck.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Has anyone compiled any sort of list Romero?

Right now I'm waiting to see if mine ship before looking for more.
Markgway wrote:If there was something I wanted I'd try it... but I'm not ordering shit just for the sake of getting it free.
Salty and I are getting them to make easy cash not because they're "just free".

It's dead simple to list things on eBay. I wouldn't do it with loads of items as it then becomes a hassle but 1-3 items takes no time at all and you can make easy cash. I wouldn't do it by taking a risk and buying them hoping I can make a profit but when they're free there is no risk.
Markgway wrote:Anyone spots any decent items post here (I find CD-Wow's search engine a pain in the arse to use).
A Tale of Two Sisters, Natural Born Killers and Bad Education are all decent.
Last edited by bradavon on 20 Jan 2008, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

A Tale of Two Sisters is amazing, one of te best horrors ever.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

It's gone now but it looked like it was the USA 2 Disc Tartan SE too.
User avatar
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 09:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)

Post by degeneration »

It said the "rated" version for ATOTS... does that mean it was cut?

And yeah ATOTS is one of the best, if not THE best, suspense horror I've ever seen, and one of my most favourite films of all time.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

degeneration wrote:It said the "rated" version for ATOTS... does that mean it was cut?
I think it means it's just R rated nothing more. I wouldn't rely on the info on CD WOW about each title, it's very vague.

According to DVD Beaver the R1 maybe PAL to NTSC. The UK R2 is Native PAL. The running time over DVD Beaver is virtually the same.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompar ... isters.htm
User avatar
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 09:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)

Post by degeneration »

Well there also was an unrated version available (not for free) on the site, which is why I figured there must be some difference...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Weird, nothing is mentioned at Rewind:

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=5252

All the reviews I can find at DVD Basen also say "Unrated Version" but none mentioned why it's Unrated or that different versions even exist. I'm going to guess Tartan opted not to get it rated and hence it's Unrated.

Is there anything that would cause it to be cut at R? I've yet to see it.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

I thought TWO SISTERS and NATURAL BORN KILLERS were both shite. :D
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Bad Education then ;)

It's not Asian or Macho so probably won't appeal to most on this forum but I thought it was excellent. Pretty Hitchcockian in places. The fantastic Gael Garcia Benarle is in in too. I think 68 Monkey liked it also.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

NATURAL BORN KILLERS is shite :D but it has been 12 years since I last saw it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

It's great. I've always liked it. It's very underrated. The DC is even better.

EDIT: My god my two items (Xena + Police Story box sets) are pending dispatch :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Oh well:
We are writing to you regarding your order placed with us over the weekend.

Due to a technical glitch, our supplier of Region 1 DVDs has given us a data feed which contains deleted titles which they cannot fulfill. Therefore we are writing to advise that we had to cancel your order and process a refund where necessary.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Ahh but thats the Region 1 items only so far :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I think most of them were R1. Are there any bargains left which aren't R1?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

No idea :D will find out soon I guess.
Post Reply