The Da Vinci Code

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Well you're not going to turn the volume up every time punches are thrown or whatever are you, that's just stupid.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

True.

I saw a clip for The Da Vinci Code last night on Jonathan Ross and I'm sure that's not her proper accent. It doesn't sound Anglicised per say but it certainly doesn't soujnd French either :shock:

I wonder if this means we'll see Mr. Tatou (pronounced Totou apparently) in my Hollywood films.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

It's self-censorship in that the distributor has chosen to make advisory cuts.

As the film is American it probably won't affect non-UK editions unless the MPAA had similar problems.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

In the US, Da Vinci is rated PG-13.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:It's self-censorship in that the distributor has chosen to make advisory cuts.
It's not cut.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

It is. Even if its pre cut.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Changing the sound on the audio isn't cutting a film. Check a dictionary for what the word means :) . Altered yes cut no.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Agreed, it's not cut, but censored, or altered as you say.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:It's not cut.
It's aurally self-censored.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

The MSN Review is up, they really slate it:

http://entertainment.msn.co.uk/films/fe ... de_review/

New photos are up are Empire. I really don't like Audrey's hair cut and that dress:

Image Image

http://www.empireonline.com/redcarpet/g ... sp?GID=668
Last edited by bradavon on 17 May 2006, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Geez, Audrey Tatties looks like Ruth Kelly in that photo! :o
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I know she almost looks like a geezer. Weird as she's normally really attractive.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Don't like Audrey's boyish haircut
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Mmm... French Tits.... 8)
Image
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Pakistan Bans 'Da Vinci Code' for 'Blasphemous' Material About Jesus
Although the film has not been screened in any theater in mostly-Muslim Pakistan, authorities decided to ban it out of respect for the feelings of the country's minority Christians.
Thank you, generous hosts. Blasphemy shouldn't be spread about our Lord, Jesus Christ.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

Isn't that nice of them? He he he! They banned it for the minority of the Christians living there. Thank you, lol, oh my sympathising Pakistani government.

Seriously, though... I suppose you don't know that Jesus plays a big role in Islam, too. A whole episode is dedicated to him in the Qur'an. He is a prophet whom we pay deference to as well. We just don't believe he was crucified.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

LOL it's a surprise that the film is "Blasphemous", surely a precredits warning would be more appropriate? So Christians and non-Christians can actually see it to give their opinion.
thelostdragon wrote:Seriously, though... I suppose you don't know that Jesus plays a big role in Islam, too. A whole episode is dedicated to him in the Qur'an. He is a prophet whom we pay deference to as well. We just don't believe he was crucified.
Who are you talking to? Because I know that.

Morgan Spurlock mentioned it in one of the "30 Days" episodes: http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0437696/

I guess they've assumed Christians would be pissed off more than Muslims by the film.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Why do you hate Jesus?
Image
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

I was talking to Eva, because his remark sounded sarcastic.

And who hates Jesus here?
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

I do. If he hadnt gone around proclaiming to be the son of God and all that shit, perhaps alot of the wars of the past, present and future wouldnt have happened.
then again, humanity is stupid enough to have found other reasons for killing eachother.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

thelostdragon wrote: Seriously, though... I suppose you don't know that Jesus plays a big role in Islam, too. A whole episode is dedicated to him in the Qur'an. He is a prophet whom we pay deference to as well. We just don't believe he was crucified.
Yeah, I know that elements of Judaism and Christianity were integrated into the Islamic teachings by Muhammad.
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Sorry if I'm a little late but I just found out about the whole BBFC alteration thing. I'm actually somewhat shocked.
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Hey the films not worth any of this talk, its as average as films come, forgetable and should not be even talked about in my eyes, but you lot must like something to do all this chat :)
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

romerojpg wrote:Hey the films not worth any of this talk, its as average as films come, forgetable and should not be even talked about in my eyes, but you lot must like something to do all this chat :)
I second that.

On a related note, Ron Howard is only an average director and A Beautiful Mind sucks massive balls.