The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
Post Reply
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11927
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by HungFist »

Some of those thread are similar to this one.

The board is full of tech Brads :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

What's a Tech Brad? :D.
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11927
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by HungFist »

a 'dvd technology geek' version of you :D
oldeschool17
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 217
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 00:38

Post by oldeschool17 »

Ivan Drago wrote:Its not a bad forum for getting your information on dvds. At Kung FU Fandom, there are so many idiots its inbeliveable....
:lol:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

oldeschool17 wrote:
Ivan Drago wrote:Its not a bad forum for getting your information on dvds. At Kung FU Fandom, there are so many idiots its inbeliveable....
:lol:
LOL, the ironing is delicious
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
DangerousLeeHandsome
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 313
Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 03:27
Location: California, US

Post by DangerousLeeHandsome »

Bad news, mainly for Brad: I can confirm that DD's Supercop DVD is the cut US version with Cantonese audio. Hang on to your DVD-9 copy dude.
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11927
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by HungFist »

Does the cantonese track come with the original music?

And what exactly is cut?
DangerousLeeHandsome
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 313
Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 03:27
Location: California, US

Post by DangerousLeeHandsome »

Yes it does.

This is the previous Dimension version.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

HungFist wrote:And what exactly is cut?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104558/alternateversions
Image
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11927
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by HungFist »

Thanks. I don't remember those scenes but they don't sound anything too special. Or? Maybe I could settle with this dvd if they get the picture and audio right.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

DangerousLeeHandsome wrote:Bad news, mainly for Brad: I can confirm that DD's Supercop DVD is the cut US version with Cantonese audio. Hang on to your DVD-9 copy dude.
And how exactly have you seen the DVD so early?
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

DangerousLeeHandsome wrote:Bad news, mainly for Brad: I can confirm that DD's Supercop DVD is the cut US version with Cantonese audio. Hang on to your DVD-9 copy dude.
:twisted:

I've never liked the heroin scene but some of the others are good, such as the market place scene :(. Like Hung says though, it all depends how good/bad the DVD quality is.

The trouble is DVD Blanks have the annoying habit of dyeing one me :(.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:The trouble is DVD Blanks have the annoying habit of dyeing one me :(.
Use Verbatim discs.

Did you sell your IVL boxset?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

I don't think he bought it because he only likes the third film.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

maybe the scenes will be on there as deleted ones
working class blu-ray fan
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

Or perhaps there are two discs, one for each edit. Dangerous hasn't told us everything

I really don't understand Dragon Dynasty. They are utter fools
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Any word on the German DVD of Fist of Legend? I may get that instead of the DD if its any good.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

EvaUnit02 wrote:Use Verbatim discs.
I use TDK Scratch-proof (meaning they're less likely to scratch) and like you're implying the chances of it happening with decent discs is much less but even so, no make compares to properly pressed discs.
EvaUnit02 wrote:Did you sell your IVL boxset?
I never bought it. Bruce Leeroy kindly posted me the PS3 disc a few years back.

Twice in fact, after my first disc died. I now have an DVD-9 ISO saved on a hard disk somewhere.
Ivan Drago wrote:Or perhaps there are two discs, one for each edit. Dangerous hasn't told us everything
I'd be surprised if it contains both cuts. Two discs maybe but disc 2 will be extras for sure.
Ivan Drago wrote:I really don't understand Dragon Dynasty. They are utter fools
Me either or calling it Super cop still.

Surely Police Story 3: Supercop makes the most sense.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:Me either or calling it Super cop still.

Surely Police Story 3: Supercop makes the most sense.
But if it's the Supercop version....
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Yeah good point, it's like what I've said before: I hate The Medallion, but wouldn't mind seeing Highbinders ;)
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Highbinders isnt available anywhere is it? ;)
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Nope.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:But if it's the Supercop version....
True.

It still makes more sense though, given that they can they make a Trilogy box set.
User avatar
luckystars
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1893
Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 09:01

Post by luckystars »

Yeah ditto on the original cut of Highbinders!
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Thanks Gasteropod.
Post Reply