The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Ivan Drago wrote:I think I was more of a HKL fan cause, and they released a good range.
That's true. They also released a lot more titles too. I only own Dog Bite Dog.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

DangerousLeeHandsome wrote:I'm a fan of DD too, slightly more so than HKL.

DD's Hard-Boiled didn't look all that bad.
I don't think it looks bad either
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

The Tartan looks ace and will do me. I don't need extras on this one.
RickyTheDragonSteamboat
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 265
Joined: 07 Dec 2006, 23:54

Post by RickyTheDragonSteamboat »

oldeschool17 wrote:
Ivan Drago wrote:Judging from Ricky's posts on many forums, he's DDs only fan!
And why they/Genius are doing so well right now. As of yesterday they closed @ .02. lol
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=GNPIE.OB
Dont bother checking their financial statements cause they are epic fail
:D
That news will certainly make Gil and his buddies ejaculate all over one another.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

Has Gil ever owned up to being The Running Man or does he still deny it.what a bizarre guy he is.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

Still denies it
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
oldeschool17
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 217
Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 23:38

Post by oldeschool17 »

saltysam wrote:Has Gil ever owned up to being The Running Man or does he still deny it.what a bizarre guy he is.
That can be done by tracking IPs. Whats the basis of this comparison?
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

oldeschool17 wrote:
saltysam wrote:Has Gil ever owned up to being The Running Man or does he still deny it.what a bizarre guy he is.
That can be done by tracking IPs. Whats the basis of this comparison?
Well this should help you. Look at the feedback comments on the bottom. it goes onto two pages - http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content/id/56 ... aster.html

Pity he's not on this forum. Brad would drive him bat shit crazy!!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Ivan Drago wrote:
oldeschool17 wrote:
saltysam wrote:Has Gil ever owned up to being The Running Man or does he still deny it.what a bizarre guy he is.
That can be done by tracking IPs. Whats the basis of this comparison?
Well this should help you. Look at the feedback comments on the bottom. it goes onto two pages - http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content/id/56 ... aster.html

Pity he's not on this forum. Brad would drive him bat shit crazy!!
Gil and Brad on 1 forum: that can only end with one person lobbing off the other person's head screaming:' THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!'.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Ivan Drago wrote:Brad would drive him bat shit crazy!!
I'd love to try :D.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

bradavon wrote:
Ivan Drago wrote:Brad would drive him bat shit crazy!!
I'd love to try :D.
Then sign up to Asian DVD Guide stat!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Ivan Drago wrote:Then sign up to Asian DVD Guide stat!
No. Please don't. One forum with Brad is more than enough. :?
Image
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

Oh yeah that!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I'm sure Fulltime Killer is Gil, I thought The Running Man was Jonathan Stathes - unless that was also Gil too :D
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

I think the current Running Man is Gil, the older one was this other bloke
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

WTF!

p.s - I have no interest in joining Asian DVD Guide.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Ivan Drago wrote:I think the current Running Man is Gil, the older one was this other bloke
Aren't the all the same person(s)? lol
bradavon wrote:p.s - I have no interest in joining Asian DVD Guide.
:) :) :)
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

That site hasn't been updated since July, I presumed it was dead.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Only the front page. The forum is still active.
Image
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11931
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Post by HungFist »

The forum is where the news and reviews have always been posted. The front page... I don't even know why it exists...
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

Its not a bad forum for getting your information on dvds. At Kung FU Fandom, there are so many idiots its inbeliveable....
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11931
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Post by HungFist »

DD's Police Story 3 page states 91min.

http://www.dragondynasty.com/films/show/111
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

HungFist wrote:The front page... I don't even know why it exists...
A website that just exists for the forum will largely shrink into virtually nothing, just look at this site.

I never bothered with the forum but used to find the homepage useful. Why has it stopped being updated?
HungFist wrote:DD's Police Story 3 page states 91min.

http://www.dragondynasty.com/films/show/111
I bet it's a misprint, surely?

It would be odd to have Cantonese Mono and English DTS too. That cover art is atrocious. I'll still likely pick this up though.
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11931
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Post by HungFist »

bradavon wrote:
HungFist wrote:The front page... I don't even know why it exists...
A website that just exists for the forum will largely shrink into virtually nothing, just look at this site.

I never bothered with the forum but used to find the homepage useful. Why has it stopped being updated?
The front page was probably just to attract some random visitors. All the important content has always been on the forum (or linked from the forum) including those posted by the admin.

Just stay away from the big HK film related topics.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Why? Does it get messy? :D.