The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by gasteropod »

romerojpg wrote:the prices drop faster than a slags knickers.
:lol:

I'll stick with my New Line Platinum Series DVD.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

I just got Zach and Miri make a Porno - Blu Ray, the EIV version. The cover is a low quality Jpeg, with compression like a dire dvd :lol: you could not make that sort of shit up. Some dick let it slide thru the quality filter :notworthy: well that and the Anamorphic Widescreen symbol as well :lol:
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by gasteropod »

Low quality jpeg hahaha. I know, they used to leave the VHS symbol on their DVD covers didn't they, dumbasses.

Speaking of low quality covers, does anyone here happen to own the R1 DVD of One Missed Call? (Takashi Miike). I got it the other month from a seller on eBay and it looks almost like a pirate copy because the cover is kind of low quality with slightly hard-to-read text on the back. Just curious if they're all like that, I have another Tokyo Shock DVD (Cursed) and that's not like that at all!
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

I'm no fan of EIV either, but isn't it just possible that their BD of The Mask might actually be good?

One would presume they've justed ported New Line's edition?

They can't ALL be bad (cover art aside) - can they?

Edit: a poster on the AV forums confirms that The Mask is 1080p/24
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by gasteropod »

Rush Hour should have just been a port of the New Line but they somehow neglected to have English subtitles when the characters spoke Chinese :lol:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by bradavon »

If I'm not mistaken EIV still use regional coding. For those who need to know.

Covers aside, I imagine many of the EIV titles are fine. I'd be unlikely to buy one though. It's a risky affair.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

Well The Mask disc content is fine etc.. the image is a little odd looking at times, but hell thats what you get for importing the disc from New Line :lol: well worth £3.50 still, as hell the old dvd was a dog.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

Ponyo blu-ray/dvd combo £9.99...use the 15% code and quidco and it's only £8.49

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store ... %3a689034/
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:Spider-Man Trilogy Blu-Ray £9.87

http://www.dvd.co.uk/DVD/Spider-Man-Tri ... roduct.htm
Must've been a pricing error...

Our Price: £41.41 + Free UK Delivery
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by gasteropod »

saltysam wrote:Ponyo blu-ray/dvd combo £9.99...use the 15% code and quidco and it's only £8.49
Has Romero hacked Salty's account? :lol:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

The Mask is £8.49 again now.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

gasteropod wrote:
saltysam wrote:Ponyo blu-ray/dvd combo £9.99...use the 15% code and quidco and it's only £8.49
Has Romero hacked Salty's account? :lol:

Nope, as I would not post any bargain about shit cartoons like that :lol:
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by gasteropod »

:o
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote:
gasteropod wrote:
saltysam wrote:Ponyo blu-ray/dvd combo £9.99...use the 15% code and quidco and it's only £8.49
Has Romero hacked Salty's account? :lol:

Nope, as I would not post any bargain about shit cartoons like that :lol:
Have you actually seen it? i have no interest in it but if i see a bargain others may be interested in i'll post it. So you only post bargains on the proviso you like/want the movie :? what a snotty fuck you attitude that is :|
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
luckystars
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1893
Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 08:01

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by luckystars »

I'm longing to see the film but Blockbuster only has the DVD.

I need this to be reduced to £6.99 ASAP :thumbs:
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

saltysam wrote:So you only post bargains on the proviso you like/want the movie :? what a snotty fuck you attitude that is :|
yueah I will post bargains for films I couldn't give a shit about, never mind waste time pissing about on forums posting amazing bargains for films I think are already worth 1p :icon_suspect:

I will now start posting Gay Anal Dwarf and Animal Porno bargains as well, why? because one of you lot will obviously want to buy that :D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote:
saltysam wrote:So you only post bargains on the proviso you like/want the movie :? what a snotty fuck you attitude that is :|
yueah I will post bargains for films I couldn't give a shit about, never mind waste time pissing about on forums posting amazing bargains for films I think are already worth 1p :icon_suspect:

I will now start posting Gay Anal Dwarf and Animal Porno bargains as well, why? because one of you lot will obviously want to buy that :D
you are talking utter bollocks.you see a bargain you should post it,you don't post a bargain according to your taste in movies.how ridiculous and selfish.not that you post many bargains anyway.
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

:lol: I don't even know if you are havin a laff. Keep it up :notworthy:
User avatar
luckystars
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1893
Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 08:01

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by luckystars »

For what it's worth I only post films that I like :oops:

Meaning I want to share them with you guys :love:
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by bradavon »

Ip Man UK Blu-ray - £7.99:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ip-Man-Blu-ray- ... B001W9EUC2
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=944433

Now please post the cheaper price Romero l). Seriously, if you can. Please beat it. How does this compare to Fearless: DC btw?
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

It's been that price for a while at various stores.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by bradavon »

Still a bargain though, no? I hadn't spotted this low before. Why didn't you post it ;).
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

It was posted ages ago.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by bradavon »

I did search but searching for IP, just confuses the search engine.