Nintendo "Wii"

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
Post Reply
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Sounds unlikely then.. as for Diddy Kong Racing, a version will be out on Nintendo DS soon, don't see the problem with DKR...

Loved that game on the N64 BTW, it was a racing game, but it was structired like a platformer, with bosses and objects to find and stuff. Cracking cartoon racing :)
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Doesn't GE seem a *bit* more likely now DKR has come to the DS?
Blaizeyboy
Jade Tiger
Posts: 159
Joined: 24 Sep 2006, 23:19
Location: Stoke-on-Trent (home of the Valiants)
Contact:

Post by Blaizeyboy »

Me and my bro spent ages playing DKR, used to play all the cups after each other writing down the scores at the end, then played the mirror tracks and added them scores to, signs of a mis-spent youth :lol:
grim_tales wrote:Doesn't GE seem a *bit* more likely now DKR has come to the DS?
actually this has been puzzling me for a while.
Years ago when nintendo asked Rare to make donkey kong country, rare created other characters ie. kremlins, diddy, king r krooll etc
These characters have appeared in more games since and have become apart of the donkey kong universe and nintendo property (as in nintendo still use these characters in its games post the sale of Rare)

Now when Rare made DKR they did the same, creating characters for, which is still the donkey kong universe, these included two main ones
'Banjo' & 'Conker'. Now fast forward to Rares sale.

Rare have made another Conker game and a Banjo game is on its way for the xbox and the 360 respectively

So my rather long-winded point is 'how' can they do that, as surely Conker and banjo(& kazooie) are apart of the DK universe and therefore nintendo property.

anyway 'TipTup' is the greatest go karting turtle 'ever', whereas 'Pipsy'
is an evil mouse whore :evil:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Yeah, well there have been versions of DK1, 2 and 3 on Nintendo consoles (GBC and GBA) since Microsoft bought Rare. I guess since DK is a Nintendo IP then those other characters count too :?
There was a Banjo Kazooie game on the GBA and a Banjo game - Banjo Pilot - IIRC.
I would love Perfect dark on the VC though, that was awesome :D
Don't diss Pipsy :evil: I whupped T-T the clock's lardy ass times with Pipsy :D
Blaizeyboy
Jade Tiger
Posts: 159
Joined: 24 Sep 2006, 23:19
Location: Stoke-on-Trent (home of the Valiants)
Contact:

Post by Blaizeyboy »

jesus, i never thought i'd see the day, mario & sonic finally in a game together

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/marioandsonic/index.php#uk

not only this, but the 'NIGHTS' sequel is now official, heres the cover from a recent german mag

Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,

I was in Blockbuster the other day and there's an RGB SCART cable released for Wii now, as well as component cables.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Hey Grim,
Welcome to last year, those cables have always been available.
Last edited by EvaUnit02 on 05 Jul 2007, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:D
I knew about the component cables ;) But I didnt know they'd released a cable like the Cube RGB cable.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

Grim, you have a Nintendo Wii? Are you using it online? What's your ID?
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I don't have a Wii yet, but I want to get one, I'll trade my Cube in first. :)
Blaizeyboy
Jade Tiger
Posts: 159
Joined: 24 Sep 2006, 23:19
Location: Stoke-on-Trent (home of the Valiants)
Contact:

Post by Blaizeyboy »

grim don't forget, if you want to play gamecube games on your wii still
you'll need a GC controller

LD, got mario strikers yet?
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

But when/if I get rid of my Cube it has to have 1 controller, so I'll have to buy another one :)
It would be best to sell it on here or another forum wouldn't it, Blockbuster would give me 2p for it :P (well £10) but thats nothing.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Why not keep the Cube if it's still in great shape...!? Just put it away in a box somewhere, and sell it in 10-15 years time to a collector. That way you'll make moremoney out of it, and probably also make someone happier then when you sell it now to a local store...

I've been playing the cube this last week orso (as 'm staying over at my girl's place). Mainly been playing F-Zero.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799
Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
Contact:

Post by slasher13 »

Yi-Long wrote:Why not keep the Cube if it's still in great shape...!? Just put it away in a box somewhere, and sell it in 10-15 years time to a collector. That way you'll make moremoney out of it, and probably also make someone happier then when you sell it now to a local store...

I've been playing the cube this last week orso (as 'm staying over at my girl's place). Mainly been playing F-Zero.
I still got my cube, don't think of getting a Wii, I have Resident Evil Remake, Zero and 4 to keep me happy.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,

I've been reading on Gamecentral that a Wii Freeloader looks very unlikely :( The latest firmware upgrade means US Cube games won't work on the Wii :(
Hmmm.. what to do? To keep the Cube seems daft just for that.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

Damn! Just updated it a few days ago! D'oh! :D
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I think thats what it said.
Do you get Teletext in Germany? I read it there.
Yes, it definitely said the latest firmware update stops Freeloader (for the Cube) from working, so you could play imported Cube discs on the Wii. What this means is a Wii version of the Freeloader may never appear :(
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

We have teletext, but of course from Germany. Not UK teletext. ;)
Image
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I wouldn't get a Wii mod chip either, as the firmware upgrades have been known to brick chipped Wii's.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Maybe when I get a Wii the solution is not to upgrade it? :D
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

grim_tales wrote:Maybe when I get a Wii the solution is not to upgrade it? :D
The solution would be not to sell your Gamecube, you'll want the firmware upgrades.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Fair enough... :)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

EvaUnit02 wrote:I wouldn't get a Wii mod chip either, as the firmware upgrades have been known to brick chipped Wii's.
I heard the wii-mod only affects the disc-drive, and not the motherboard, so it should be impossible to detect it.
Not that I'd know. I know nothing of thse kinds of technical stuff.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,

As for the VC, finally some good news as there will be some games on it that weren't actually released here, eg Sin and Punishment (N64) and Super Mario: The Lost Levels (NES) (why not just release Mario All Stars?)
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

It's a shame The Lost Levels is only available till the end of the month. Heaven knows what games will be available for download when (if?) I get my Wii :(
Post Reply