Taeguki Directors' Cut

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Taeguki Directors' Cut

Post by grim_tales »

Anyone know the differences between this and the HK 2 discer on sale at CD-WOW?

Is Taeguki (sp?) a Korean war movie? Looks quite good.
Ricochan38
Flirting Scholar

Post by Ricochan38 »

yest its a war movie, and its a fantastic movie!!!

I dont know the diff between the directors cut and the cd-wow 2 discer (I have the last)
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by tom2681 »

I'm still waiting for the HKL version (early 2005 ?)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I didnt know they had Taeguki - did they announce this?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Grim read this:

http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/index. ... gory_id=47

I may wait to.

I e-mailed CD WOW a few days ago and they said they're not planning to get the 2 discer for the foreseeable future, clearly this wasn't true.

According to Romero the DC isn't out yet so at the moment IMO this is your best bet. The extras I read have English subs.

Romero maybe wrong as many sites are listing this as the DC.

OMG it's expensive the standard HK DVD is £8.50 at KoreanDVDs.com, IMO why pay twice the price for LE stuff?

[Edited on 3-11-2004 by bradavon]
megatron
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by megatron »

I think I'm gonna wait for a review as the dvd's by Asia Video or someone and CH said there past releases are not so hot.:w00t::scared:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Taeguki Directors' Cut well its not done yet apparently and wont be out for a while, HK gets the normal Korean Theatrical edition same run time etc... the Longer cut will be out sometime, no idea when but sure they will make it a lot longer.

Tis a superb film, and Columbia has the American rights just released recently in USA cinemas.
megatron
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by megatron »

I thought the korean release out now is about 99mins and the HK directors cut is 150mins!? What it says on every site selling it.

What are you talking bout ROmy?

[Edited on 3/11/2004 by megatron]
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Ahh thats a mistake as all the sites seem to do is look at the running time, the film is acctually split accorss 2 dvds for some reason, and they just see the 99mins on the 1st dvd :) silly buggers they are.
megatron
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by megatron »

So the Korean Theatrical is 150 mins then?

Still doesn't explain why all sites label the HK disc as the directors cut though does it?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I wonder if the CT and HKL/PA releases will just use the DC or double dip with the TC and then the DC.

I'd imagine it's possible at least for the HKL/PA to just be the DC. CT produce fantastic DVDs but IMO HKl/PA produce better ones.

I've decided to wait!
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

The Directors cut isnt made yet, so only god knows why the HK dvd places are calling it that, and really it is the Directors cut, but all that means is its made by the director, doesnt mean it has all the extra footage. Guess we will wait and see what happens in the coming months. :)
megatron
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by megatron »

You mean the directors cut hasn't been edited yet? Or is new footage being specifically shot?:wacko:

...and is the KR theatrical 150 mins!?
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

This is all so confusing. If the R3's cheap I might just buy it now.

PS: Megatron I'm so glad you're back AND you have you're using your old name. IMO Tron was way too distant. You rule that little bit too much... :wacko::wacko:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Bisc. It's £8.50 from KoreanDVDs.com and maybe about the same from YesAsia. It's a rip off from CD WOW.

The DVD should have English subbed extras so at least it's closer to the eventual HKL/PA DVD.

[Edited on 4-11-2004 by bradavon]
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

The korean dvds I have say 148 mins long I think it was a little longer wil have to check the 2 dvds and add them up :) but its pretty much 150 minutes like the HK dvd.

and well from what I have read the Directors Cut wont be finished until late this year early next year, I guess they are adding lots back in and making it well over 3 hours long. but the HK dvd has DTS! 6.1 and the bloody Korean dvds dont! so I expect a super dooper Korean set soon, very soon on at least 5 dvds, maybe a little like the massive expensive Japanese set, but with more extras and DTS and more footage.:D and I will buy the DC in a heart beat as long as theres loads of footage.
Toge
Flirting Scholar

Post by Toge »

is the HK disc any gud?

[Edited on 5/11/2004 by Toge]
I might only drop in and out but I'm still your admin... spiritually :P
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

The listing at CD-WOW seems to suggest the film on the HK DVD is not split over 2 discs but it has the film (150 mins) on disc one and the extras (55 mins) on Disc two. :)