AvP

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

AvP

Post by BiscLimpkit »

So who agrees with me then? IMO, AvP is easily the finest Hollywood film I've seen this year and one of Paul W.S. Anderson's greatest films...

...he even extends his genius as a screenwriter for this movie... that's how legendary this man is.

Easily comparable to the likes of Kitamura, Tarentino etc.

Everything about this beautiful masterpiece was spot on, the CGI woah! The aliens looked awesome and the fights easily blow away anything Hollywood has produced recently.

Overall, very impressed. Thank you Mr Anderson!!! :cool:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Okay Romero give us back Bisc :D

Who is Kitamura?

Does 21 Grams count as a Hollywood film? Probably not, if it does then I'm sure AvP doesn't even come close.
Mordib
King of Beggars

Post by Mordib »

21 grams is seriously depressing. I need to watch it again. AvP, great second half! Kitamura who kindly brought us Versus and in 2005 is due to bring us Versus II :D

m.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Ah him. I've not seen anything he's done yet and nor does it really interest me.

I didn't find 21 Grams depressing, although it does have depressing moments. I just found it very powerful.

We really need to get people to start posting properly on this forum.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

21 Grammes isnt all that really, yes it passed the time, but really its overated bullshit as usual :) Holywood film in that all of Holywood stumbles around giving praise to it and its not worth any of it at all, Kitimura has more talent in is BellEnd.

anyway

AVP well no its far from the greatest film this year, far from it. But yes I liked it lots, it wasnt perfect or even close, but it was a great film and really entertained me and did exactly what I was expecting, but maybe on a smaller scale as I wanted a massive War with hundreds on each side. maybe in AVP 2?

Far from Andersona best work either, Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat are still a long way better than AVP, but yes I really liked AVP and was suprised by so many people slaging it off as it did exactly what it set out to do, and certain wankers just slagged it off 100% and didnt say anything good about it, its a fucking action film morons! what were you expecting! Forest Fucking Gump 2! or Pride and Prejudice!

The CGI was well done yes. I did find the Big face off between the Alien and Predator exciting, but also not as good as it could have been at times, it was well done, just not done perfectly as the men in suits at times did look like that and then you would get some further out shots and it al looked fine again, mixing the CGI and men in suits worked, but only when it was filmed perfectly and some of the closer slower shots didnt work 100%.

Overall I thought the film was fun and did its job fine, not perfect but 4 stars from me and I am probibly THE biggest Aliens fan on this forum and think ALIENS is the Greatest film ever made, its nowhere near ALIENS but until we get Alien 5 it will have to do :) Come on Cameron do us Proud!
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

I've not seen 21 Grams but I'm pretty sure it won't be better than AvP. Other films not as good as AvP (released in late 2003/2004):

Spider-man 2
Lost in Translation
School of Rock
Man on Fire
Coffee and Cigarettes

All the above were outstanding movies but are pale in comparison to AvP (only in my opinion of course). I doubt any other director (even Cameron) could do a better job. This film is easily my favourite in the Alien + Predator series. :):)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

no Predator, Alien or Aliens, but its maybe as good as Predator 2, Alien 3 and Alien Resurection. Cameron is the best director in the world, and could easily best anything Anderson does and he would be given a BIG budget unlike Anderson, so Cameron could do a full epic with the cash it deserves.:)
Limited Edition Slag

Post by Limited Edition Slag »

id i not say this was a cool film, i was hte first to stick up for it on the dvdforums and on bnb. :)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

hahaha you copyied and pasted from the Resident Evil 2 thread, complete with mistakes, but yes you saw them both early so you can have your say :)

hope you buy the dvds of both then :)
Limited Edition Slag

i will i like em both :ninja:
Limited Edition Slag

ill byem both. Will see AVP again before lunchtime. I like AVP and RE2. I was the firstto defen both movis.......maybe the last!:sick::whistle:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Better In Cinema I bet :duh:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Slag did you go under a different handle previously?

LOL the first time I can call someone a slag without getting in trouble :D
Toge
Flirting Scholar

Post by Toge »

LES is tigercage, brad.
I might only drop in and out but I'm still your admin... spiritually :P
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Silly Slag hahahaa :w00t:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

[quote][i]Originally posted by Toge[/i]
LES is tigercage, brad. [/quote]
Thanks.

I wish members wouldn't change their handle, especially with users who have been here for some time.

:)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Hey I am sure they know they are Slags :ooharr: