A Better Tomorrow - Ultimate Edition
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
Can't you find out for yourself? Or has every DVD player in your house suddenly become broken?bradavon wrote:Okay as I didn't spot it on my 28" CRT I want to see if I do now on my 32" LCD. I hear it's worst during the scene when Mark is stealing that counterfeit thingy. When does that happen? (in minutes please).
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Well no when I said I can't spot the problem. Besides it's you guys who're interested more than me, besides you were the one who asked I do the captures anyway???
ABT doesn't come close to HB or The Killer. I like all 3 but none would appear in my top 10 tbh. I've not seen ABT2/3 yet. I can't remember that scene Mark but can when CYF steals from the counterfeiting ring (just about) so will do one from there.
ABT doesn't come close to HB or The Killer. I like all 3 but none would appear in my top 10 tbh. I've not seen ABT2/3 yet. I can't remember that scene Mark but can when CYF steals from the counterfeiting ring (just about) so will do one from there.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
The 10kbullets review + comparison to the IVL which Brad lost.
http://10kbullets.com/reviews/a-better- ... e-edition/
http://10kbullets.com/reviews/a-better- ... e-edition/
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
What did Brad lose again?EvaUnit02 wrote:The 10kbullets review + comparison to the IVL which Brad lost.
http://10kbullets.com/reviews/a-better- ... e-edition/
This review has already been posted a page or so back???
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11924
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
http://www.loveasianfilm.com/reviews/ab ... eview.htmlPresentation (Cover / Menus): 9/10
Picture: 9/10
Subtitles: 9/10
Special Features: 8/10
Disc Overall: 9/10
Did I miss something? I thought the disc was not supposed to be so different from the AB release (which is rather poor). But 9/10 for PQ... I hope this isn't some Animeigo-Lady-Snowlood-thing again...
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
My first response after reading that is the reviewer isn't all that good at reviewing. This is ALL he has to say on the PQ:
" This dvd release from Optimum Asia is the best release I’ve seen of this film yet. Boasting a brand-new transfer, the picture quality is excellent with no scratches or damage – although there is a small amount of graininess to the picture - this is the best the film has looked in a while."
Add to that they give the picture quality 9 out of 10 WTF!!! I can't believe for a second it's worth that high a score. Where's the rating out of 10 for audio?
The comparisons he/she makes to previous versions don't mean much as he/she doesn't bother to mention which versions they're comparing against. I'd hazard a guess they're comparing it to the two previous MIA UK DVDs which as we know means very little.
I can see myself looking at the screen captures they've provided it looks very much the same as the Anchor Bay DVDs.
I've seen nothing to make me believe this beats the much better Fortune Star box set (Korean or HK). Unless of course you hate the framing issue (which I've yet to spot) then this new DVD wins by default.
I'm sure Lost Dragon and others said they're are getting this so we'll know soon enough. Both this and the 1000 Bullets review aren't very well written IMO.
The Bey commentary looks excellent but it's not enough on it's own to upgrade.
" This dvd release from Optimum Asia is the best release I’ve seen of this film yet. Boasting a brand-new transfer, the picture quality is excellent with no scratches or damage – although there is a small amount of graininess to the picture - this is the best the film has looked in a while."
Add to that they give the picture quality 9 out of 10 WTF!!! I can't believe for a second it's worth that high a score. Where's the rating out of 10 for audio?
The comparisons he/she makes to previous versions don't mean much as he/she doesn't bother to mention which versions they're comparing against. I'd hazard a guess they're comparing it to the two previous MIA UK DVDs which as we know means very little.
I can see myself looking at the screen captures they've provided it looks very much the same as the Anchor Bay DVDs.
I've seen nothing to make me believe this beats the much better Fortune Star box set (Korean or HK). Unless of course you hate the framing issue (which I've yet to spot) then this new DVD wins by default.
I'm sure Lost Dragon and others said they're are getting this so we'll know soon enough. Both this and the 1000 Bullets review aren't very well written IMO.
The Bey commentary looks excellent but it's not enough on it's own to upgrade.
Huh?I hope this isn't some Animeigo-Lady-Snowlood-thing again...
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11924
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11924
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11924
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
DVD compare say:
German -release, for the correct aspect ratio, an anamorphic transfer and additional (though few) extra features compared to the American release. Do note, however, that this release is not English friendly. If you need an English friendly version, get the American release which is also in the OAR and anamorphic. It just doesn't have many extras.
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11924
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
I thought the transfers were supposed to be identical.thelostdragon wrote:R.E.M. created the best picture quality for this film. Unfortunately it only has German subtitles so it's kinda useless to you guys unless you create your own DVDs.
Picture comparison (R.E.M from dvd heaven)
Toho: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/ ... odToho.jpg
R.E.M: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/ ... oodREM.jpg
Toho: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/ ... dToho1.jpg
R.E.M: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/ ... odREM1.jpg
Hmm... there seems to be a small difference... or is it only because of the different capping software?

