Holy Sh*t Play have killed off HKL's website! ;-)

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
Post Reply
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

saltysam wrote:does anyone,maybe lostdragon will, have any idea of the possibility of hkl doing a platinum of the big boss :wink:
I won't give you more than a :wink: :!:
Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Sorry LD, looks like play.com have trumped your cautious wink.
Image
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

LOL, ha ha ha! OK. Didn't know it was already officially announced. :D
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Any news on a new WOTD: PE? With FOF, TBB, ETD getting proper SE releases WOTD will really stand out.
grim_tales wrote:Thats what I mean, we don't know, it doesnt mean PA will make an IC.
PA have never made/created an IC. Blame someone else for creating it but yes PA have paid to use it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Are Naked Weapon, Iron Monkey and Seoul Raiders the only HKL DVDs with DTS? Just curious.

Speaking of Naked Weapon has the rape scene and that alone been cut from the R1? I think it has and if so it would be one of those rare examples where cuts definitely help a film.

What was he thinking? A decent B-Movie with that scene chopped.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Naked Weapon was alright until that scene... and that's where the film went down hill and never recovered. I still think it's a better movie than the overpraised Naked Killer though...
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Agreed but I enjoyed it past that point but with that scene intact it has to lose marks. I've not seen Naked Killer but have the HKL DVD.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

bradavon wrote:Are Naked Weapon, Iron Monkey and Seoul Raiders the only HKL DVDs with DTS?
Yes.
Image
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/traile ... eggers.mpg

Stupid voice-over man, stupid fucking rap music.
Just when you thought HKL trailers couldn't get any worse...
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

That trailer clearly shows that Brian White, who edited all the previous trailers, is not at HKL anymore. Even the HKL logo at the end of the trailer is missing.
Image
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

And check out that cover art:

Image
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Is there any Brian White didn't used to do at HKL? :D

It's good news HKL are really a comedy IMO.
Tom2681 wrote:Stupid voice-over man, stupid fucking rap music.
Just when you thought HKL trailers couldn't get any worse...
It's only a trailer big deal.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

LOL I don't know the film but thats terrible! Very very bland indeed. :(
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

One of Chow's better films, IMO, but that cover art is fucking atrocious. Which 4- year old designed it??? :twisted:
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I'm sure that's a test cover (notice the old BBFC "15") but like you Mark I hope that changes :evil:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

thelostdragon wrote:And check out that cover art:

Image
First impresions from a designers' point-of-view: :pale: :pale: :pale:

2nd Impression: 'Hey... I could get a job at HKL as a cover-designer!'

3rd Impressions:' Who the fuck designed that, and who told him it was ok to actually abuse Photoshop like that!?

one of the ugliest covers ever, and it isnt even a region 1(!)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

That looks like the current 15 logo to me.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

It is.
I bloody hope thats a test cover, as Mark said it looked like a 5 year old made it!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:It is.
You're as confusing as Romero sometimes :D . You said 14 hours earlier it looked like the old 15 logo.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Huh?
DOH! I misread your post - I thought it said "old 15 logo". Its' the "old" 15 logo, I promise :)
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,

I noticed the BBFC have posted info about the UK release of SEVEN SWORDS.

SEVEN SWORDS

Feature
Film
Classified 30 January, 2006 .
Run Time 139m 59s

Expected to open on 01/02/2006
Advice for consumers
Concise Contains strong bloody violence

The main spoken language in this work is Cantonese.
The BBFC has placed this work in the MARTIAL ARTS genre(s).

When submitted to the BBFC the work had a running time of 139m 59s.
The running time of this film was calculated from the measured length of 12598+4 ( feet + frames ).
This work was passed with no cuts made.

At the time of classification Contender Entertainment Group was the distributor of this film.

Directed by Tsui Hark Producer(s) Tsui Hark

The cast for this work includes: Donnie Yen, Charlie Young, Lau-Kar Leung.

A film or video, together with associated trailers may exist in several versions and all versions known to the BBFC are listed below.

Category Type Date Company Run Time Cut Title
FilmTrailer FilmTrailer 23/11/2005 Contender Entertainment Group 1m 11s No SEVEN SWORDS
Film Film 30/01/2006 Contender Entertainment Group 139m 59s No SEVEN SWORDS
Details are likely to be more complete and accurate for the version submitted most recently.
When a film is transferred to video the running time will be shorter by approximately 4% due to the differing number of frames per second. This does not mean that the video version has been cut or re-edited.

:? Contender's Seven Swords is about 15 mins shorter than the version on the HK DVD - don't tell me this some sort of International cut :roll:
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

140 minutes ?

The HK DVD is...

*checking*

153 minutes.

*Taking into account the NTSC -> PAL speed-up...*

That's a 7-minute difference.

That can't be good.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

Have I posted the HKL trailer here already? Totally forgot if I did or not.
Image
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

For Seven Swords ?

I posted it a while ago.

EDIT:

Page 45.
Last edited by tom2681 on 31 Jan 2006, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

Oh, ok then.
Image
Post Reply