I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by Markgway »

I remember him from before the ban. I don't recall why he was banned, exactly. But there was a fuss about it at the time.

Why would he be bothered that you post on other forums (and under a different name)? Lots of people do that. Seems strange to make that personal. If you've got a link to the "discussion" I'll take a look and give you an honest opinion.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

OK, it's a bit complicated - https://www.criterionforum.org/forum/vi ... start=3725

In the thread on Criterion in question, we are talking about Kino's reaction to the recent Silcence of the Lambs debacle.

I say (as Orlac)

This is why people on forums annoy me when they post stuff like "I didn't see anything wrong, I was enjoying the movie."

Michael Brooke then refers to a post I made on Blu-ray.com as Killer Meteor regarding the BFI Invasion of the Body Snatchers, where I told off a poster for saying a similar thing.

Orlac wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:01 pm
This is why people on forums annoy me when they post stuff like "I didn't see anything wrong, I was enjoying the movie."

What the guy actually said was:

I must have very low standards (or duff equipment), but it looked fine to me; maybe I was enjoying the film too much to focus on the transfer.

Which seems to me to be a completely reasonable response, not least because he took the trouble to qualify it from the start. It certainly didn't deserve that level of aggression on your part.

He then proceeds to tell everyone Orlac is Killer Meteor (this has since been redacted by the moderators)

For the benefit of those who didn't follow my link, the poster that Orlac/[Redacted] was berating so needlessly aggressively was talking about the BFI's Invasion of the Body Snatchers, which as far as I'm aware doesn't suffer from any technical problems over and above the fact that it's an elderly transfer from less than optimum materials. Which I'd argue is a different situation from the Silence of the Lambs one, which would appear to be an unambiguous technical cock-up that should have been spotted at the QC stage.
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yeah, does seem like he was overreacting, although I'm sensing some history between the two of you (which another poster hinted at). I certainly didn't see any post from you in that Body Snatchers thread (where the original comment was made) so I'm not sure how your comment over in the Criterion thread could be considered "aggressive". You merely said it was "annoying". I've been called many worse things than "annoying" never mind my posts. You also mentioned he had a go via PM. That's more concerning to me.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

There is a bit of history, but he's brought it over from Roobarb's Forum to Criterion - he left Roobarb's in somewhat odd circumstances, and it was only after that he told me via PM on Criterion Forum that he had issues with my conduct overthere. It is a forum I myself have now left, as one of the mods was turning it into a (relatively speaking) right-wing political blog.

The Body Snatchers post is deleted, but I think I said something like "I really am sick of people pulling the old "I was enjoying the film" line. Enough already"
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

That's the nature of forums: as in real life we're not all going to get along.

You can only be true to yourself and hope for the best! :D
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

OK, Meteor. What did you get banned for...? ;)
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I called Dr Svet a lazy fruitcake for his terrible review of The Brute. And I'm proud of it.
bradavon wrote:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Ah, here we go

"Disagreeing with a review is fine. Name-calling and personal attacks (“complete fruitcake”, “lazy”) are not. And this isn’t the first time. You’re flirting with a permanent ban. Don’t claim you weren’t warned."

Ooh, hard man!
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Ah, yeah. I always get those sarky, keyboard warrior warnings from said anonymous mod. Calling someone "lazy" is hardly beyond the pale. It's crazy what passes for moderation on that board. Maybe we need moderators for the mods?! Do the Americans use the expression "fruitcake"? Maybe they thought you were calling him "gay"? LOL! So how long you out for? A perma-ban would be beyond ridiculous but not all that surprising. It's impossible to know what's going to rile the mods as the moderation and punishments are inconsistent. Even knowledgable members like Aclea get bans. No one is safe from their axe. I've been banned, I think, six times. Not sure how many lives this pussy has left...
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I'm banned till 18th.
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

My last ban was a whole month, you amateur! ;)
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Aclea will be sorely missed if he doesn's return. A great contributor.
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

True that.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Banned again!!

If this doesn't make you laugh, nothing will...

"You have been banned for the following reason:
Posting a rant about your customer service problems is one thing. Throwing in comments about sucking your cock and shoplifting is another. And don't claim it was just a joke. Your foul-mouthed "jokes" get you yet another time out.
"
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Markgway wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 10:38 Banned again!!

If this doesn't make you laugh, nothing will...

"You have been banned for the following reason:
Posting a rant about your customer service problems is one thing. Throwing in comments about sucking your cock and shoplifting is another. And don't claim it was just a joke. Your foul-mouthed "jokes" get you yet another time out.
"
:lol:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

That forum just doesn't get British wit...
bradavon wrote:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Aclea has returned!
bradavon wrote:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Killer Meteor wrote: 28 Mar 2022, 10:21 Aclea has returned!
And now he and me have been banned for "political nonsense" in the Doctor Who threads. Though weirdly we got banned two days after the main offender who we were up against. Call me old fashioned, but I really drawn the line at these characters making fun of Sophie Aldred's "jowels".
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Killer Meteor wrote: 21 May 2022, 23:55
Killer Meteor wrote: 28 Mar 2022, 10:21 Aclea has returned!
And now he and me have been banned for "political nonsense" in the Doctor Who threads. Though weirdly we got banned two days after the main offender who we were up against. Call me old fashioned, but I really drawn the line at these characters making fun of Sophie Aldred's "jowels".
Googled her and she has a wide jawline. But "jowls"? LOL!

So how is that "political"?

You need to tell us more so I can JUDGE whether you were unfairly maligned and if you should be publicly caned or whipped... or both.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I can't remember anything I wrote being especially political, but I recall Aclea doing a blow-by-blow list of why you couldn't really accuse the BBC of having a woke agenda. It was quite interesting, wish I copied it.
bradavon wrote:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Banned again - in the thread about the proposed 4k of Romero's MARTIN, a poster came in whining about why they were doing a 4k of that and not THE ABYSS. I said to the poster not to compare apples and oranges, and to "not be a jerk".

So I got banned for that.
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

LOL, you're putting me to shame with all these bans. Once you get on the mods' shit list you can get banned for virtually anything.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Markgway wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 18:48 LOL, you're putting me to shame with all these bans. Once you get on the mods' shit list you can get banned for virtually anything.
They're definetly a shady bunch.
bradavon wrote:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I'm surprised I'm still on Blu-ray.com tonight after I gave the Kino Lorber insider the Godzilla facepalm treatment...
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I seem to have started something... LOL