The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

Good price at Amazon for the forthcoming CTHD reissue https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crouching-Tige ... ROKL5A1OLE
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

That is a good price. But we've yet to see a comparison with the current disc, have we? I wouldn't upgrade for the new extras, only if the image is improved.
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Yawn. Can't we have some new to HD titles
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

They've fudged the release, it's the old disc repackaged. Expect it to be pulled and replacement schemes to be in place soon enough (just like what happened with Bad Boys).
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Lol sounds deliberate to me
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Digging around CTHD has just been released on the Sony Supreme Cinema range. It's a new (but glitchy) 4k master and has 6 deleted/extended scenes on the disc. The deleted scenes have been passed by the BBFC but not put on the new Blu? Sounds like a complete disaster
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

they are replacing the disc with the new version and offering buyers a free blu ray from a list as compensation. What's the glitches, i watched the 4K usa UHD disc two weeks ago and it looked excellent.
working class blu-ray fan
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Apparently a reoccurring interlacing fault
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

That "interlacing" glitch was just a baseless accusation made by an idiot reviewer at DVDTalk who didn't stop to ponder whether the manipulation of framerates to speed up the action sequences might have been responsible for the blurring effect. I mean really, why on earth would there be any form of interlacing frames on a 4K scan straight to Blu-ray? It ain't coming out on DVD! :icon_suspect:

From Geoff D over on Blu-ray.com (a reviewer for The Digital Fix who knows what he's talking about):
Received my copy today (UHD, but I'm talking about the included Blu), I think some reviewers are getting their wires crossed and aren't particularly familiar with the film. There's always been a kind of 'laggy' look to certain shots in the fight scenes throughout the film, probably as a result of monkeying with the frame rate in post (not to mention that it needed a lot of digital clean-up to get rid of the wires in any case).

So there's no problem here as I see it, it's how the film has always been in that respect. The new remaster is sublime though, I think it's right up there with the other 4K redos that Sony have done recently. Gorgeous.
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Interesting info thanks :)