New look forum, new look logo

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

New look forum, new look logo

Post by Shingster »

As you've no doubt noticed by now Lourdes has had to update the forums to keep things running smoothly and in doing so the old BnB logo that has served us well for so many years finally became somewhat incompatible with the look of the site. Lourdes has knocked up a pretty functional alternative but I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread to see how you lot, the community, feel on the new look and logo. Are we OK with keeping it as is or do you want me to take a crack at doing something that's a little closer to the old logo maybe? Bear in mind my photoshop skills are pretty limited, but I do have time to try and get it looking OK! :D
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: New look forum, new look logo

Post by HungFist »

How the community, all 5 of us, feel about it? :lol:

Sure, I'd love to see what you can come up with :thumbs:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yeah, go for it, Shing....
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

You go Shing
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

HungFist wrote:How the community, all 5 of us, feel about it? :lol:
Hey if we had a proper community then I wouldn't have started this thread because the comments would have come flooding in! :D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

You go Girlfriend! Me luv you long time! :love:
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Fucking hell, romero's returned! The end of days is nigh! :icon_suspect:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Hey I look a few times a month still :) its an addiction to never fully leave my system.

A little like crack, but less painful when you get withdrawal symptoms.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Not that I'm the best example to be saying this, but you should post more! We need more of the old crew back! :D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Its odd as I see so many people from the old days scattered all over the internet. so many forums and sites. Its scary to think of it back in the day.... Such a community :)
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Yup good times to be an asian film fan! I'm just astonished BnB still exists in some capacity when you see how broken down the asian film fan community is these days. Who would have thought we'd outlast AsianDVDGuide and almost outlast KFC! That place was on shaky ground for a while there.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

It always amazes me any site exists so many years after it almost disappeared countless times! Doing a google search of the old site brings up some odd finds haha I have found entire parts of the 10+ year old site exist in some form saved. Not looked in a while, but where these things are stored and still intact, well what a world.

I have good memories of the place 13 years ago when I was online on a Dreamcast haha :o I learned so much from members it amazes me my brain never exploded, and I was far from an Asian cinema expert like so many obliviously were back in the day. Hopefully plenty of old members still watch plenty of Asian films :D my shelves are still stocked with them haha Sadly slowed down a lot myself, just seems less amazing Asian cinema pops out for me these days.

Still hopefully this place never truly dies :D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

:D

It feels like so long ago it was the Golden Age of BnB (2000-2003 I think), good times were had :clap:
Hell, I was in college studying Film back then (2000-02) :o
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

BNB never recovered from when it moved site back in 2004/5(?)
It survives... but just barely.
Even the people who thought it died, but now know it's still around, don't want to return or post.
I'm not sure why that is...?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I would say many gave up on forums, I know I have little time these days for them like the good old days. I looks more than post on the net these days, I would rather be doing fun stuff than on the net these days :D or watching films, instead of debating them.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Yeah I'm still friends with one or two from the scene back in the day who gradually moved away from forums in general, not just the discussion of asian cinema, they're still fans though! I guess it was inevitable that the scene would die down eventually, especially with facebook and twitter taking much of the traffic away from online forums.

Maybe we'll see an upsurge sometime in the future, but I can't see it being like it was in the late nineties and noughties when HK cinema still had its unique identity, Japanese arthouse was really vibrant and Korean cinema was being reborn. Nowadays the industries of all three nations have becomes entrenched towards the Hollywood mould of bland higher-budget, star laden actioners/comedies/horror films with only sporadic filmmakers breaking the rather forgettable mould. Will HK action ever be like it was now that the 70s and 80s generations are well into their 50s and 60s?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

You just hIt the nail on the head! and I never thought is it before either. Facebook killed many forums!!!!

Mind you as you say its now hard to tell Asian cinema from Hollywood. Too much CGI laden crap (quality CGI these days mind you). Its harder to find great Asian cinema among the garbage, it was not that hard 10-15 years ago :( shame.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Yeah everyone was in it together, a film had to be pretty damn obscure to not gain some form of attention at some forum somewhere! BTW I don't know if you keep in touch with Kev (Moldiver to most on here) but he's written an essay on the golden days of online fandom for the upcoming Arrow book on cult cinema.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Moldiver! Now thats a blast from the past! :D
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Muffdiver! :D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Ahhh Kev, good on him! last thing I knew he was going at it into photography and doing a great job, so good to see the film side is kept up :)
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

It's very possible that he isn't writing the article under the name Muffdiver, but if he did, he would be a BnB legend forever I'm sure!