I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by Killer Meteor »

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/show ... hp?t=21830

Is he that stupid he can't tell Jet Li from that picture?
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

I doubt he reads any of the endless texts he copy-pastes into the forum. If he did, he would most likely have noticed that a text that puports Wong Fei Hung to be, and I quote, "an Islam" and praises allah is probably not the genuine article. I think even jolly ole' KungFuBob is getting slightly vexed at this point.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

Also annoying (besides Golden ...) is when someone asks for suggestions for movies they have this extremely narrow view of what they want. "I want blood, but not too much blood. No, no. I don't want to see that ..." Of course the opposite is annoying as well when someone asks for a particular type of film and every film that even resembles that topic is a great film that is a must watch.* Can't there be some middle ground?

* There must be some critic "law" that states the harder a film is to get the "better" a film is and you must see it even though there is no easy way to get ahold of the movie. Bonus points for not being on DVD/BD and only available on a non-subbed stream.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

I've been on quite a few movie forums in my day, and whenever a recommendation thread comes up, you will get any and every movie under the sun mentioned, which often has as much credence as the "IMDB suggestions" that comes up when you click on a title.

In some ways I guess it can be useful for a noob, getting a lot of titles thrown at you... IF you are willing to do your own research based on those titles. Few are.

You're other point, I never really got either. Some films are rare for a reason.... cuz they're shit, pure and simple. Not all, but some. But even so, I could care less about To Kill A Mastermind and Thunderclap and the likes, if they only come in shit quality. If they became available in a cleaned up legitimate version, sure i'd watch them. But otherwise, I don't really care. I used too, but not anymore.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

RetroRobot wrote:...You're other point, I never really got either. Some films are rare for a reason.... cuz they're shit, pure and simple. Not all, but some. But even so, I could care less about To Kill A Mastermind and Thunderclap and the likes, if they only come in shit quality. If they became available in a cleaned up legitimate version, sure i'd watch them. But otherwise, I don't really care. I used too, but not anymore.
The main issue I think for many of us is that there are so many films to see (rewatch as well). That I would prefer a cleaned up version and if there is not a legitmate version I will just go and watch another film. Now sometimes there is no choice if one is trying to complete a director, list, etc... but we always have other options. The more I learn about film, the more I want to learn, watch and read about. Never ends :D. Of course if I only watched Lau Kar-leung and Chang Cheh films then I wouldn't have this issue (I do like these directors a lot, just using an example.)
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Or if you only watch stuff made after 2000... like one guy on KFC. Im amazed that someone comes to KFC with ZERO interest in old school stuff. It is certainly his prerogative, I just don't get it. But he would probably find it equally perplexing that I have just about ZERO interest in anything made AFTER 2000.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Ivan Drago wrote:http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/show ... hp?t=21830

Is he that stupid he can't tell Jet Li from that picture?
Even I know that's not Jet Li :D
I wouldnt have known that was WFH's son though. Do any photos of WFH himself exist? :?
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

RetroRobot wrote:Or if you only watch stuff made after 2000... like one guy on KFC. Im amazed that someone comes to KFC with ZERO interest in old school stuff. It is certainly his prerogative, I just don't get it. But he would probably find it equally perplexing that I have just about ZERO interest in anything made AFTER 2000.
That wasn't Bradavon by any chance lol. I often wondered why he was here
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

"Wong Fei-Hung was a Muslim"

That belongs in my fake Ric Meyers facts thread.

I really wish I'd thought of it.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Sadly never had the distinct pleasure of frequenting this forum when Bradavon was around..... though he sounds like an entertaining guy.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Brad could make a saint swear.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

He had this constant need to post in threads, on topics he knew nothing about, and cared even less. I'm not even sure he liked Asian cinema at all.
bradavon wrote:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

bradavon wrote:
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

"Give me a break please.......doing my best- GD Y-Y"

Really....... Really..... REALLY?!
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

It just seems...I don't get what Mark Pollard's connection to those weird posts is.
bradavon wrote:
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

To be fair, the first link he posted was by Mark P.... anything after that :dontknow: :o
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

I would speculate that he was associating the two articles (Mark's and the Wiki entry) because they were both Wong Fei-hung (another mistake was the title, but he is not alone in making new thread mistakes.) The same goes with the bizarre muslim entry. He could have saved everybodies time if he had properly quoted the article (which was mentioned later) and prefaced it with something like "can you believe this...". With his brevity it seems like he is posting as quickly as possible without thought of comprehension leaving everyone to wonder what his motives are.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Markgway wrote:Brad could make a saint swear.

:thumbs:
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:it seems like he is posting as quickly as possible without thought of comprehension
And yet, that is apparantly "his best".
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

All's Quiet on the Golden Dragon Front
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Yeah, he gave a formal apology, and hasn't been heard from since. Though im sure he'll be back.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

OK I found this hilarious on KFC:

"I would still like to keep my DVD-R in top shape"

I'm hoping this was a writing mistake instead of wanting to keep his burnt/pirated DVDs in good condition.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

No, it was Daigoro.... im pretty sure it should be taken as read :)

Man, that guy could rival Falkor in the weirdness department.

I was thinking the other day about the "what's with the slump?" thread I made over there some time ago. Compared to now, that slump period was positively buzzing with excitement. Even though I don't contribute anymore, im rooting for KFC to live on. But based on the activity and more importantly, the actual discussions and exchanges going on right now, I doubt it will be more than a couple of years, if that. I guess it's only natural.... but still sad.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Yeah it has been a bit slow. There are enough users that logon, just not enough discussion.

I see this pattern way too much: anticipation of movie (80 percent of thread), talk of movie (10 percent), talk of other movies non-related to thread (10 percent.) Some kidding here, though I see that pattern even on other sites.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

I guess a lack of fresh perspectives combined with somewhat burned out older members, and people just moving on with life in general is the inevitable downfall of most niche forums. I've been on quite a few forums in my time that suffered the same fate. I thoroughly enjoyed my time on KFC... for the most part. But it is definitely a shadow of its former self now, so unless the complete catalogues of Goldig, Seasonal, First Films and every Taiwanese indie company is magically remastered and released in HD with extras, I don't see business picking up anytime soon.