Flirting Scholar

Re: Broadcaster forced to quit by BBC

Post by RetroRobot »

Pathetic.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I never knew the original version of the old song had nigger in it, being made to resign for that is absolutely pathetic.
At least he was actually offered his job back.. an apology on air should have sufficed.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

I swear there are people who sit around listening to radio or watching tv just waiting to be offended, so they can legitimize their pathetic existence by complaining to the networks. They should be dragged out behind the barn and shot in the back of their fucking head.

And that guy shouldn't apologise for shit. Maybe a quick "my bad, I didn't know", but that's it. Commercial tv and radio are run by big quivering pussies, who are so afraid to lose their coveted sponsor dollars, that integrity, loyalty or balls of any kind are a lost concept. Out behind the barn again.

I don't listen to radio and watch preciously little tv. It has become a sink hole of pitiful, pandering, play-it-safe programming that is so afraid to offend anyone that it ends up pleasing no one. At least not anyone with an IQ above retard level. They are dying medias on their last legs and im not sad to see them go.

Rant over..... aaah, that felt good.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Yeah I dont think he should really need a big apology just a quick "My bad" or something (the DJ claimed he didnt know), anyone listening would guess it was an old song. AFAIK the complainer wasnt even listening to the show or had heard it before, they just 'happened' to switch on the radio at that particular time and were "shocked and outraged" - FFS it's just a funny song (also in a musical I think). It's "The Sun Has Got His Hat On", not "I Like to Kill Puppies with Hammers"
Also, interestingly as he played the 1932 original, wasnt that produced by the BBC Orchestra in the first place?
The version I used to hear as a kid was the Jonathan King one from 1971, or a copy based on it...
Last edited by grim_tales on 06 Jan 2016, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

The BBC.... please. Weren't these the guys who more or less protected that repulsive chickenhawk Saville and knew of his horrid crimes for years? I guess kiddie rape isn't offensive if it brings with it good ratings. Jim sure fixed it, all right :(
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I'm not that familiar with the song. I wouldn't have known about the old lyrics either.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I never knew the old lyrics either! :icon_suspect: :D
While lots of anecdotal evidence has come to light against Saville and it looks like he was probably guilty, (since the allegations I found his manner downright creepy, before he seemed a more harmless eccentric) he should have been taken to court when he was alive, he was never convicted of anything. Now we'll never know.