Samurai Cop (1989)

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Samurai Cop (1989)

Post by HungFist »

Samurai Cop (USA, 1989)
Sylvester Stallone’s bodyguard Matt Hannon stars as a mullet hero in an inept action movie that has become a laughing stock. The train wreck excels with unbelievable acting performances as tons of quotable dialogue, though action scenes are lame. Unlike the majority of great cult classics Samurai Cop is a film where all the glorious merits are indeed accidental.

”They call him Samurai. He speaks fluent Japanese. He was trained by the masters in Japan.”

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6OoZNdAQuA

(no, this not behind the scenes material. It's an action scene. The stunt man is really pretending to be in great pain)

I can't stop laughing when I look at the screencaptures. How did he do that???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Samurai Cop (1989)

Post by Markgway »

Even screencaps make that guy look like the worst actor ever.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Samurai Cop (1989)

Post by Shingster »

This is one I missed back in the day, and I watched A LOT of these sort of films back in the day! This clip has pretty much guaranteed this will be the film I take round my friend's house when we have our next beer & pizza film night! :D I also love how the poster for this completely rips off Maniac Cop as well, even though Robert Z'Dar isn't the cop in this! :D

Speaking of Z'Dar, have you seen the state of him these days? Becoming massively overweight when you already have cherubism is not a good look! :(