The 100 best horror films (Time Out London)

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

The 100 best horror films (Time Out London)

Post by HungFist »

http://www.timeout.com/london/feature/2 ... -full-list

I bit ashamed that I've only seen 45 of those...

But a very nice list - and made by not only film critics but also directors (Roger Corman, Ruggero Deodato, Tom Six, Guillermo Del Toro etc.). Glad to see Suspiria in top 10, and Cannibal Holocaust as #32.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The 100 best horror films (Time Out London)

Post by Markgway »

I've seen 61 from the list and all of the top 20. :)

I haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust so my only major complaint has to be with Martyrs, which is apparently better than A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, and The Silence of the Lambs... who knew??
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Glad they included Threads - incredibly scary movie!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
jay
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by jay »

Agreed, great to see Threads getting a showing there. I only saw that for the first time a couple of years ago, it seems to have lost little of its ability to shock. Genuinely scary stuff.

Martyr's high showing was no doubt due to it being such a recent entry, and one that leaves such a strong impression that it was almost bound to stick in people's minds when voting. I'd imagine it'd feature lower if they ran another list a few years down the line.

Good list all-in-all, I think. About as close to definitive as these things are ever likely to get, anyway, and a nice touch getting some actually relevant people onboard to offer their opinions. If you forget the ordering and just treat it as a 'stuff to catch up on' list, you're all but guaranteed to be in for a treat. I was personally chuffed to see 'Kill Baby Kill' get a mention, that's a real gem that tends to get overlooked.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Blimey this forum's gone stale! Not actually noticed this thread before (or I've forgotten I have), but I've only seen 76 from the list, but not all of the top20 like Mark (never seen rosemary's baby in its entirety!). Although the Val Lewton classics like I walked with a Zombie & Cat People are worthy films in their own right (and perhaps the latter does deserve a place on the list), they're extremely loose horrors at best.
hanshotfirst1138
Little White Dragon

Post by hanshotfirst1138 »

Can I write for Time Out? Please?

And that link is dead.