The Video Game Thread - what are you playing?

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The Video Game Thread - what are you playing?

Post by Yi-Long »

Started Call of Duty 4 SP last week orso. Only played the first chapter but it's a nice game. Very much an on-rails shooter so no freedom at all to speak off, but it's more like a next-gen virtua cop or an interactive movie.

Got it from my girlfriend's sister, along with Darksiders (haven't touched that yet)

Also still playing Super Meat Boy, although I'm in the Dark World now, so I'm taking it very slowly, just 1 or 2 levels at a time.

Plus in this/last week's sale I bought Crazy Taxi and Worms 2. Crazy Taxi I liked on the Dreamcast and this port is decent but not great. Still lots of pop-up, soundtrack missing etc.

Worms I never played before, so this is my first time, and it's OK. Have only really played the tutorial so far plus the first SP mission in the demo.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I've been playing Bioshock 2, I think I prefer it to the first. I've sent Bayonetta back today because I got stuck on a boss lol.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Yi-Long wrote:along with Darksiders (haven't touched that yet)
Wonderful. "Zelda" in brutal/dark mode. Finished it and was happy with it. After finishing it I instantly checked if a part 2 was coming.
Also still playing Super Meat Boy, although I'm in the Dark World now, so I'm taking it very slowly, just 1 or 2 levels at a time.
Told ya you'll be coming back for more. :D I finished the Dark World. Also finished Cotton Alley. Also got all bandages, Warp Zones, all levels A+. Now I only need to finish the Cotton Alley dark world to get the last achievement (100%).
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

thelostdragon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:along with Darksiders (haven't touched that yet)
Wonderful. "Zelda" in brutal/dark mode. Finished it and was happy with it. After finishing it I instantly checked if a part 2 was coming.
Told ya you'll be coming back for more. :D I finished the Dark World. Also finished Cotton Alley. Also got all bandages, Warp Zones, all levels A+. Now I only need to finish the Cotton Alley dark world to get the last achievement (100%).
Damn, that's some hardcore stuff, buddy! You're up there with Iron Monkey and his amazing Ninja Gaiden Black achievements when it comes to BNB bad-ass gamers!!! :D :D :D :thumbs:

I played a couple of the Cotton Alley levels when I finished the light world, but that's pretty damn challenging as well.

I hope to play Darksiders soon, but I've got a crazy amount of backlog games... (even old stuff like Bioshock, Half-Life 2, the Ratchet and Clank stuff, etc etc)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

gasteropod wrote:I've been playing Bioshock 2, I think I prefer it to the first. I've sent Bayonetta back today because I got stuck on a boss lol.

Just got a new PC a few months ago, so went back and finished Bioshock (never did complete it) and its cracking :thumbs:

Then got part 2 for £4 and hell its also great so far, some nice improvements and the plots nice and it looks cool as hell :clap:

Just got Crysis 2 as well for the PC, with every single setting pumped up to max it looks fucking amazing, shows you how far behind them consoles are :rock: games good as well, but damn I keep stopping and going wow! at them graphics (and music!).
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Crysis looks better than Crysis 2.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

romerojpg wrote:Then got part 2 for £4 and hell its also great so far, some nice improvements and the plots nice and it looks cool as hell :clap:
I completed BioShock 2 this evening :)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

IronMonkey wrote:Crysis looks better than Crysis 2.
It does in some places (the physics especially work better etc..) but I dont think that much of Crysis nowadays even on a high end rig.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

romerojpg wrote:
gasteropod wrote:I've been playing Bioshock 2, I think I prefer it to the first. I've sent Bayonetta back today because I got stuck on a boss lol.

Just got a new PC a few months ago, so went back and finished Bioshock (never did complete it) and its cracking :thumbs:

Then got part 2 for £4 and hell its also great so far, some nice improvements and the plots nice and it looks cool as hell :clap:

Just got Crysis 2 as well for the PC, with every single setting pumped up to max it looks fucking amazing, shows you how far behind them consoles are :rock: games good as well, but damn I keep stopping and going wow! at them graphics (and music!).
What new PC did you get, Romero? Any specs? I'm considering buying a new PC myself at the moment, although not really for gaming...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Its an online specially built, fair mid range powerful, but silent PC for films, music and games etc.. picked all the parts to make a PC I cannot hear for once, I could have just went for far more power and saved some cash mind you :icon_suspect: but silly me wanted ultra silent.
Still needs tweeks to make it even more silent and powerful mind you, well without blowing up :lol: Still If you dont want games then hell you can shave a fortune off most PC's :D
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

romerojpg wrote:Its an online specially built, fair mid range powerful, but silent PC for films, music and games etc.. picked all the parts to make a PC I cannot hear for once, I could have just went for far more power and saved some cash mind you :icon_suspect: but silly me wanted ultra silent.
Still needs tweeks to make it even more silent and powerful mind you, well without blowing up :lol: Still If you dont want games then hell you can shave a fortune off most PC's :D
Yeah, good PC's are pretty damn cheap nowadays, simply because they're now so powerful that they can handle most recent software.

My current PC is really really quiet as well, although purely by accident I'm sure, as it's just a brand PC... (Medion)

I'd love to use a PC on my plasma for movies and game and such, but they're in different rooms so that makes it kinda difficult.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Not playing it yet, but a couple of days ago some gameingwebsite asked the question what weapon would you like to see in The Dishwasher, and I gave my answer (a cat)...

... and I just checked my email and there was a code for a free download of The Dishwasher! Awesome!!! :clap:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I started with Red Dead Redemption's MP this week, which is quite a nice time-waster...

Also picked up Braid (400) and Limbo (600) in this week's XBLA sale, although haven't really played them yet.
oldeschool17
Pedicab Driver

Post by oldeschool17 »

If you got a PS3 and have Red Dead Redemption, hit me up for some multiplayer.
PSN: oldeschool17
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

oldeschool17 wrote:If you got a PS3 and have Red Dead Redemption, hit me up for some multiplayer.
PSN: oldeschool17
I've got it for the 360. :)

I hardly play on my PS3 TBH. I like it and I have some good games on it, but somehow I prefer my 360 a bit more.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Goldeneye (Wii), Muramasa (Wii), Goldeneye's pretty nice, imo :) It feels very cinematic which in a way is both good and bad, its very cool that it feels like you're in your own Bond movie, but you can't skip the cut scenes.
oldeschool17
Pedicab Driver

Post by oldeschool17 »

The new Mortal Kombat game is a lot of fun. Best MK game to date.
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Anyone giving LA Noire a try? Tech looks amazing..I barely have time to play on my xbox tho!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX0qkiLGG6k
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I'm interested in playing LA Noire but they are fucking around with exclusive content and DLC again, so I can wait till they release a complete version next year orso.

Same thing goes for Dirt 3 btw.

This week I finished Uncharted on my PS3, which was a nice game. Not great, but still good.

Kinda looking forward to those free games Sony will be giving out as compensation for the whole PSN security-breach and resulting outage. I think I'll pick Dead Nation and Infamous.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

'L.A. Noire' is a title I am definitely interested in, but I can wait until the price drops.

Yesterday, I started playing 'Resident Evil 5'. I have had the Gold Edition in my collection for a very long time, but never got around to actually play it. And I'll be damned, the game doesn't pause when you go through your inventory. :o
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I'm playing Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations at the moment :)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

My son is playing LA Noire now....looks good
working class blu-ray fan
Shaolin Chamber 36
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by Shaolin Chamber 36 »

All I ever play is Call of Duty, multiplayer. Alot of Zombies as well on World at War and Black Ops.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Do you not get bored of it? I got fed up with it on CoD4 and WaW. Since then I've barely played MW2 or Black Ops online...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Just ordered Yakuza4 for 20 euro at a dutch etailer. Should even arrive tomorrow already. Awesome.

I'm also thinking of picking up Fight Night 4 for the 360, which is only 9 bucks here at a local store. I liked FN2 on the Xbox cause I enjoyed taking a heavy weight, putting him up against the smallest tiniest light-weight, and then just beating that little fucker up without really knocking him out. I'm a cruel sadistic beast I am.... :evil: