I Spit On Your Grave Remake Censored

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

I Spit On Your Grave Remake Censored

Post by Markgway »

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/BFF271143

US version is reportedly uncut and unrated.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I Spit On Your Grave Remake Censored

Post by bradavon »

I was expecting a 15 for this one (the dumbing down effect) but I guess it maybe tough after all.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Rape revenge films never get 15 :thumbs: unless it is an episode of Eastenders.

The original is fucking horrific in the way it shows the rapes, great film, but damn hard to watch.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

You the first person I've ever read who says it's a "great film". I heard it was a disaster and would've been forgotten if not for the extreme theme.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Well obviously you read comments from mostly fools, as many people really like the film. It is a great film, and disturbing as hell.

Just because "you Heard" it is a disaster means bugger all, grow some balls, see it and then comment on the actual film.

and saying a comment like this
and would've been forgotten if not for the extreme theme.
where do I start :notworthy:

In fact why bother commenting on the remake or the original, as you wont be seeing any of them :dontknow:
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Yeah, it's kept in pretty high regard. Has lots of fans and also gets a fair amount of 4 and 5 star reviews from mainstream media. Of course, it also gets plenty of 1 star reviews.

Ebert had his funny anti-campagn back when the film was released in Chicago. If I remember correctly he spent his days standing in front of the theatre, telling people not to see it...
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

"Down with this sort of thing"
"Careful now"
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:"Down with this sort of thing"
"Careful now"
:lol:

A censored version of the original GRAVE regularly plays on The Horror Channel.

I watched bits but couldn't get into it.

Really cheap film with shitty acting.

I would expect the remake will be superior (relatively speaking...)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

When people are saying great I presume you mean great as in great in it's genre and not great acting, great filmmaking etc...?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:When people are saying great I presume you mean great as in great in it's genre and not great acting, great filmmaking etc...?
Nah I think it is fine in acting and filmmaking, it is just not a "Normal" film to even talk about. It has a few characters who act badly and are a bit dodgy all round, which does ruin parts.

Think of the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre, it is that type of film in many ways, but far, far more nasty. It is VERY hit and miss thats for sure, some detest it from the word go, some love it. I really like the film, but it is a bit disturbing to watch that's for sure, rape sickens me to the core and the film does not hold back at all sadly. Still I can see why many hate it.

A remake is crazy in sooo many ways, I cannot imagine cues around the block to see such a rape revenge film. Still at least it will stand out from the crowded crap horror films out nowadays with no balls at all to show anything brutal. Even if we do not even want to see such evil acts, at least it is better than skimming the surface in a PG13 kind of way.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Rape is one of the few things I cannot now watch. I struggled to watch the rape in Straw Dogs and I know there are films with worse rape scenes in them.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I recall not liking the one in Naked Weapon.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Yup and that showed us nothing at all, but that was just in the wrong film I guess. Some films can take scenes like that, but a fun and entertaining action film like that was just wrong in a way.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

gasteropod wrote:I recall not liking the one in Naked Weapon.
I hate it and even prepared my own DVD without that scene, which neatly fits in a chapter. I had to cut out the discussion at the table too, to make it make sense but it's a much better film without it. How the guys switch and then give each other a High-Five. Vile! I first saw Naked Weapon in Malaysia where it was heavily cut (including any sort of swearing). I had no idea that scene was there until I saw the DVD. Hideous scene and so utterly gratuitous. Along some rape in films, it adds nothing to the film and doesn't progress the story forward.

Maggie Q mentions in the commentary she felt sick after filming that scene. I'm not surprised. It's completely out of tone with the rest of the film. The director wanted loads more nudity and lesbian stuff, she had to fight to keep it out.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Agreed, the rape is uncessary.

Otherwise the film is fairly entertaining - in a cheesy way.