Samurai Princess (More Awesomeness by those TGP-Guys)

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
diceman
Pedicab Driver

Samurai Princess (More Awesomeness by those TGP-Guys)

Post by diceman »

Can't believe no one has made a thread yet. :D
The story takes place sometime, somewhere in a world during the Samurai era, where people live together with highly developed mechanical dolls. However, excessively developed mechanical dolls start causing harm to the human society, leading to ghastly bloodsheds happening all over the place.

Under the circumstances, Kyoraku, a mad scientist, creates a female ninja mechanical doll. Equipped with 11 types of built-in weapons, the ninja doll, who will not die even if she is slashed by a sword or shot by a gun, is virtually indestructible.
Trailer featuring massive Versus-Vibes.

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

The poster is fun, but the TGP team has no real sense of style. Sure it's decently fun trash, but technically and stylistically it's always a bit wrong. The take is too long, the camera is pointing at the wrong direction, or it tries to be LSD cool.

Now, let me watch the Samurai Princess trailer.

Yeah, jut what I exepected.

I'll stick to Versus and Death Trance. Both are superb.

Tak Sakaguchi is working on some zombie film that looks bad, btw. Samurai Zombie is the title. Here's a trailer: http://www.nipponcinema.com/trailers/sa ... e_trailer/

Now let me go back to screenwriting my TGP remake. It will be much more Blade Runner esque.
diceman
Pedicab Driver

Post by diceman »

You're actually one of those who mistook "Tokyo Gore Police" for some Trash-Spectacle, while it's really an Avantgardistic Masterpiece. :D
Nothing wrong there, as far as I can see. But I'll give your TGP-remake a chance, as well.

Seriously, TGP was the most intense and awesome experience I've had in 2008.

Tak Sakaguchi's "Samurai Zombie" looks horrible, though. He should stick to beating up Ninjas while someone else holds the camera for him.

And I'm pretty sure "Samurai Princess" will at least get an 2,5/5 from you; in other words: it will be awesome. :D
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

:x :x :x

And what's up with these TGP / TMG team films being filled with av stars? Asami, Mihiro, Honoka... oh well, at least they get to do some real movies for a chance...

Oh right, Iguchi is directing a new film called Robo-geisha. Nishimura serves as the gore guy.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Samurai Zombie doesnt look to bad to me. I did wonder what was up with Tak, he really has dropped off the map of films :( I expected soo much from him, it really does seem like a lifetime since Versus, or even Death Trance :(

SAMURAI PRINCESS I cannot find the trailer for on that link, nothing comes up for me?
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

HungFist wrote:And what's up with these TGP / TMG team films being filled with av stars? Asami, Mihiro, Honoka... oh well, at least they get to do some real movies for a chance...
wtf
diceman
Pedicab Driver

Post by diceman »

WTF :o

Btw. World Premiere of "Samurai Princess" will be screened by the end of May on the Hamburg Japanese Filmfest, Germany. :D
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

This doesn't look very sophisticated either
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

HungFist wrote:wtf
OMG lol, the bit on the trailer where they're stimulating the giant vagina with microphones is sick!
diceman
Pedicab Driver

Post by diceman »

HungFist wrote:This doesn't look very sophisticated either
I'd rather watch this than "Hypertrophy Genitals Girl". But I agree, looks kinda forced and stockfull of badly timed slapstick. If I get to watch it for little money, then so be it, but I definetely won't seek it out. I'll stick to "Samurai Princess" instead.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

HungFist wrote:This doesn't look very sophisticated either
Bound to be garbage, but I can't help but to smile a little bit.

http://www.nipponcinema.com/trailers/va ... l-trailer/

In all honestly, Nishimura and pals are putting enough energy and inventiveness into these films for them to deserve at least a little bit of success. Nishimura said that he had hard time finding a distributor for TGP, and it's the same thing again now with Vampire Girl. That's very sad.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Samurai Princess (More Awesomeness by those TGP-Guys)

Post by HungFist »

Samurai Princess UK dvd coming October 26, 2009.
http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40969
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Samurai Princess US dvd coming November 10, 2009
http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.551 ... etails.htm
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »