Holy Sh*t Play have killed off HKL's website! ;-)

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
Post Reply
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

There you go dude, sorry about the size - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/ ... assins.jpg
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Decent cover. Michelle looks tough and sexy. The sequel is a better film though.
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

In the Line of Duty? That's a great film, although I haven't yet seen Police Assassins I'm sure it won't be as good as ITLOD.
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

That cover is way better than the one that was originally released. Grr :evil:

Isn't In The Line Of Duty technically part 4 of the series? Yes Madam doesn't hold a candle to In The Line Of Duty in my opinion, although it is still fun...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Yes Madam = 1
Royal Warriors = 2
Force of the Dragon = 3
In the line of duty = 4
Middle Man = 5
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

I knew Royal Warriors was the second part, but couldn't have told you the rest off the top of my head.

Isn't there a 6th part as well?
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I always thought there was 8 parts :mrgreen: still not bad if all of them are good films.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

1 = Royal Warriors
2 = Yes, Madam
3 = In the Line of Duty III
4 = In the Line of Duty IV
5 = The Middle Man
6 = Forbidden Arsenal
7 = The Sea Wolves

NB: the "In the Line of Duty" bracket was an afterthought so although Royal Warriors is TECHNICALLY part one, it's actually the SEQUEL to Yes, Madam. The rest star Yang Li Ching (Cynthia Khan) and are in correct order.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

In The Line of Duty 4 was what HKL released as "In The Line of Duty" wasn't it? :?
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

Yes, it was.
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Yeah it's number 4, Grim.

Well I watched Police Assassins and it seems to be that not only does mine have a new cover, but the encoding has been sorted out too! They first released this at the time when all their DVDs had poor encoding, with loads of artefacts especially visible on night time shots (think the ship scene on Purple Storm), but my DVD of it has no encoding problems at all!

ps. I wasn't aware that "Curly" out of the Lucky Stars films was in this, nevermind a main character!
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

ps. I wasn't aware that "Curly" out of the Lucky Stars films was in this, nevermind a main character!
And don't forget top-billed!!! :D
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Oh and I was amused at the two instances of the "Halloween" soundtrack used!!
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Mind, Body & Kick Ass Moves

Image
From Oriental bamboo forests to the streets of Southend Mind, Body & Kick Ass Moves uncovers the myths and reality behind martial arts. A 10 part BBC documentary series showcasing various forms of mind-body techniques from all over the Far East.

Join August Productions and Chris Crudelli as they travel the Far East learning secret skills, ancient knowledge and the hidden techniques of the Grand Masters. Contains spectacular locations, brilliant choreography and incredible fighting; from Hong Kong to the Phillipines this series has something for everyone!

Image
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Is that out on DVD? I loved that series when it was shown on BBC Three!

I'll definitely be getting that DVD!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

coming soon from HKL.
Visible on the HKL index page. :)
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Eh? It's not on HKL's index page and besides, it's a BBC production and I doubt HKL would be able to pick that up from them...

I think Mr. Tom2681 is having me on! :)
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

It's not on HKL's index page
Ahem...yes it is, but it's hidden. :D

http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/


Look at the "coming soon" zone at the bottom.
Click on the arrows until you reach N°5.
Click once again on the right arrow, and SURPRISE !
A HIDDEN N°6: Mind, body, and kick-ass moves. :wink:
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Yeah, I'm so glad they're releasing this instead of Tiger Cage 2, Knockabout, Righting Wrongs or any of that other crap.... :roll:
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

That will sell more sadly.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

I'm not having a dig at the programme as such... just that it seems HKL have got better things to spend time and effort on. Let the BBC release their own shows.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Mind Body and Kick ass moves is No5 Tom.
There is no hidden No6. :wink:
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

He was right - it was hidden at number 6. Maybe HKL just updated their Website?
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

D'oh! :D
My bad :)
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Now, "hidden N°6" is a John Woo boxset. :D
.
.
.
.
.
.
seriously. :D
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Post Reply