Batman Gotham Knight (anime project)

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Batman Gotham Knight (anime project)

Post by Yi-Long »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuSwj5ok24k

Looks very promising, so hopefully they wont fuck up the voiceacting...
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Will be buying the blu-ray :)
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

saltysam wrote:Will be buying the blu-ray :)
Me too. Satoshi Kon directed one of the shorts, thus it's a must-buy for me. I wonder when they'll announce the rest of the directors involved in the project?
so hopefully they wont fuck up the voiceacting...
Considering that English will be the productions' original language, that won't be an issue. Bale is playing Batman.
Godzooki
King of Beggars

Post by Godzooki »

EvaUnit02 wrote:
saltysam wrote:Will be buying the blu-ray :)
Me too. Satoshi Kon directed one of the shorts, thus it's a must-buy for me. I wonder when they'll announce the rest of the directors involved in the project?
so hopefully they wont fuck up the voiceacting...
Considering that English will be the productions' original language, that won't be an issue. Bale is playing Batman.

Ill be picking up the Blu-Ray too.

Voice casting has already been confirmed, Bale is not voicing Batman.

Kevin Conroy will voice Batman! 8)

Conroy set the standard for modern day Batman voices with his performance in Batman: The Animated Series, The New Adventures of Batman and Robin and The New Batman Superman Adventures. He reprised the role as an aging Bruce Wayne playing mentor to a new Caped Crusader in Batman Beyond. Animation legend and Batman Gotham Knight producer Bruce Timm said Conroy was the obvious choice for both widespread fan approval and to provide an overriding sense of continuity within a film in which Batman appears in so many new, visual variations.

“Anytime we initiate an animated Batman project, ‘Will Kevin Conroy voice Batman?’ is the first question we hear from fans,” said Bruce Timm, Executive Producer. “To meet Kevin is to know that he’s not anything like Batman, and yet he manages to perfectly nail that indefinable element that is Batman. He’s got the voice, he’s got the acting chops, and he’s absolutely the best man for the job.”

Conroy provided a central, rallying point for a cast that perfectly meshes stars of some of today’s highest rated primetime television series with many of the most popular voiceover actors in the business. Gary Dourdan (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation) and Ana Ortiz (Ugly Betty) are heard in multiple segments of the six-story film as police detectives Crispus Allen and Anna Ramirez, key members of a special unit who learn to trust the Dark Knight’s motives. Parminder Nagra (ER, Bend It Like Beckham) supplies the voice of Cassandra, a mystical Indian woman who teaches Bruce Wayne to endure and manage his pain. David McCallum (Navy NCIS, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Great Escape) takes on the role of loyal servant Alfred. George Newbern (Father of the Bride) and Alanna Ubach (Legally Blonde) also join the cast

http://www.batmanytb.com/news.php?readmore=412
Last edited by Godzooki on 09 Apr 2008, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
Godzooki
King of Beggars

Post by Godzooki »

EvaUnit02 wrote: I wonder when they'll announce the rest of the directors involved in the project?
Batman Gotham Knight was headed by an impressive list of directors who have brought their distinctly different anime styles to the classic Batman character. The production was divided among three renowned studios – Studio 4ºC, Production I.G and Madhouse – and included the truly inimitable visions of directors Shojiro Nishimi, Futoshi Higashide, Hiroshi Morioka, Yasuhiro Aoki and Toshiyuki Kubooka.

Yasuhiro Aoki (segment "In Darkness Dwells")
Futoshi Higashide (segment "The Dark Knight")
Toshiyuki Kubooka (segment "Working Through Pain")
Hiroshi Morioka (segment "Field Test")
Shoujirou Nishimi (segment "Have I Got a Story For You")
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Blue Ray Specs:-

Warner Home Video have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Batman: Gotham Knight on 8th July 2008 priced at $34.99 SRP.
Arriving day-and-date, all extras from the two-disc DVD are carried over and presented in standard definition. Features include:

* 1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen
* English and Japanese DD5.1 Surround
* German and Spanish DD2.0 Surround
* English, Spanish, German and Japanese subtitles
* Commentary by DC Comics Senior VP/Creative Affairs Gregory Noveck, Former Batman Editor Dennis O’Neil and Voice of Batman Kevin Conroy
* “Sneak Peek: Wonder Woman” - DC Universe animated original movie
* “A Mirror for the Bat: The Evil Denizens of Gotham City” - A stimulating documentary covering Gotham City’s most nefarious of characters, combined with a look into the symbiotic relationship Batman shares with his enemies.
* “Batman and Me a Devotion of Destiny: The Bob Kane Story” - The comprehensive chronology of the remarkable life of the creator of Batman.
* “Batman: The Animated Series” Bonus Episodes - Bruce Timm selects his favourite episodes from Batman: The Animated Series.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67520
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Seems like a good deal :)
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Godzooki
King of Beggars

Post by Godzooki »

In stock at dvdslimited - region A
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

just watched this-mildly disappointing.
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Tigercage wrote:In stock at dvdslimited - region A
A Warners disc that's Region A? Not according to Blu-Ray Region Code Info. They say Region Free.