Omar Bin Laden on GMTV this morning

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:You dont think there's a huge file on every connection Osama has ever had with anyone!? You dont think they're tapping calls etc to his relatives and former friends!?
You think terrorists are stupid and don't have ways to get around security forces and government agencies...?
No... I just dont think Osama is gonna risk his son, who is most likely under close surveillance anyway, when he can just as easily find a 100 other young men who are willing to serve his cause...

There are too many reasons for Osama or Al Qaida to NOT use Osama's son, but just take some unknown guy...
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

When we're talking about terrorists who're hell bent on literally murdering as many people as possible I don't think frankly it's worth the risk.

Obviously our security services are all mostly bloody excellent but they cannot watch everybody 24/7.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I was just going to say what Brad and Mark said. He seemed a decent bloke, but can we be sure...?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Can we ever be sure!? Your own goverment is aiding the USA in an unjust war, and lied to the people about it...

You can never be 100% sure. There have been schoolshootings by kids who were depressed. Ban all depressed kids from schools from now on!?
People who have been sexually abused as a kid, often carry on that tradition on their own kids. Should we forbid sexually abused people from having kids, or getting close to kids!?

This Bin Laden kid, we have no reason to believe he has any radical thoughts or plans on hating and killing the west etc.

So should we punish someone for the crimes his/her parent(s) did!? Isnt that going backwards in our progress of being a fair and honest western world, which judges people on the basis of their own actions, instead of on the basis of their skin, religion, political preferences, or ancestors!?

Let's not trade in rational honest and fair judgement for easy comfort.
Cause yeah, the only reason this kid will be denied is because of people having prejudices about the kid, and thinks he will want to blow everything up.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Yi-Long wrote:There have been schoolshootings by kids who were depressed. Ban all depressed kids from schools from now on!?
There has only been one school shooting in recent British history, someone correct me if I'm wrong?. American civilisation isn't British or European civilisation.
Yi-Long wrote:This Bin Laden kid, we have no reason to believe he has any radical thoughts or plans on hating and killing the west etc.
We do. I find it very hard to believe he doesn't or wouldn't ever have connections with his father again. Fine his wife is British but I still find it suspect of all the countries he could live in he picks Britain, probably number 2 on Al Qauda's hit list.
Yi-Long wrote:So should we punish someone for the crimes his/her parent(s) did!?
When we're talking about someone who has killed thousands of people and continues to do so you can only take that so far. This is not a normal case so normal rules cannot fully apply.
Yi-Long wrote:Cause yeah, the only reason this kid will be denied is because of people having prejudices about the kid, and thinks he will want to blow everything up.
No because his father is the head of Al Qauda and there is a risk he'll be in contact with his father.

The security services are already pushed as it is, they're apparently already investigating 30 odd other security threats. I think you'll find you're on your own on this one.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Agreed, there is always the risk he'll be in contact with his father.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:There have been schoolshootings by kids who were depressed. Ban all depressed kids from schools from now on!?
There has only been one school shooting in recent British history, someone correct me if I'm wrong?. American civilisation isn't British or European civilisation.
There's also only been one terrorist attack by Al Qaida on Britain, in recent British history...
Yi-Long wrote:This Bin Laden kid, we have no reason to believe he has any radical thoughts or plans on hating and killing the west etc.
We do. I find it very hard to believe he doesn't or wouldn't ever have connections with his father again. Fine his wife is British but I still find it suspect of all the countries he could live in he picks Britain, probably number 2 on Al Qauda's hit list.
I havent had contact with MY dad in years, and he has hardly killed anyone!
Yi-Long wrote:So should we punish someone for the crimes his/her parent(s) did!?
When we're talking about someone who has killed thousands of people and continues to do so you can only take that so far. This is not a normal case so normal rules cannot fully apply.
Where do you do draw the line about which persons you do hold accountable for someone else's actions, and which you will judge on their own actions!?
Innocent till proven guilty straight outta the window, right!?
Yet I bet you would have absolutely no problem with Rumsfeld's kids coming here to study...
Yi-Long wrote:Cause yeah, the only reason this kid will be denied is because of people having prejudices about the kid, and thinks he will want to blow everything up.
No because his father is the head of Al Qauda and there is a risk he'll be in contact with his father.

The security services are already pushed as it is, they're apparently already investigating 30 odd other security threats. I think you'll find you're on your own on this one.
Maybe I'm on my own, maybe not. I do know I'm right, so I dont mind being on my own. :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Yi-Long wrote:There's also only been one terrorist attack by Al Qaida on Britain, in recent British history...
Directly yes, but there have been several from cells splintered off from Al Qaida.
Yi-Long wrote:I havent had contact with MY dad in years, and he has hardly killed anyone!
What a ridiculous comparison.
Yi-Long wrote:Yet I bet you would have absolutely no problem with Rumsfeld's kids coming here to study...
The American administration is never likely to bomb the UK.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:There's also only been one terrorist attack by Al Qaida on Britain, in recent British history...
Directly yes, but there have been several from cells splintered off from Al Qaida.
Yeah, but this kids has no known ties to Al Qaida, or else they would have arrested him by now...
Yi-Long wrote:I havent had contact with MY dad in years, and he has hardly killed anyone!
What a ridiculous comparison.
Why?
Yi-Long wrote:Yet I bet you would have absolutely no problem with Rumsfeld's kids coming here to study...
The American administration is never likely to bomb the UK.
Never!? It wouldnt be the first time the USA attacks a former ally
Also, people within the USA goverment KNEW about 9/11,and allowed it to happen. They are willing to aloow their own people to get killed, they're sending hundreds of thousands of their own kids into an unjust war based on false pretences. You really think that they would hesitate to bomb over here in Europe if it means it's in their interest!?
They'd probably scapegoat it on AlQaida though...

You're pretty trustworthy about a country that has lied to us more than any other country these last years.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Yi playing his violin, so much it drives everyone around the bend:

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

This has gotten boring now.

Is he a British subject?

No.

Should he be allowed to reside here?

No.

I'm done.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I doubt Yi's done.

He's worse than an Enegiser battery at times :D
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Isn't that what they use in vibrators?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I've no idea. I'm guessing you're the expert.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Never hurts to give a lady a helping hand... 8)