ITV drops Pushing Daisies episode

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

ITV drops Pushing Daisies episode

Post by bradavon »

"The second episode of Anna Friel's hit US drama Pushing Daisies will not be screened by ITV, it has emerged.

The UK broadcaster bought the rights to the entire nine-part series, but only has space in its schedule to show eight programmes before Euro 2008 begins. Viewers will skip straight to episode three of the modern-day fairytale, about a man who brings people back from the dead - including his first love.

"Episode two was the only show we could drop without spoiling the storyline," an ITV spokesman said." However, ITV said the programme would "be shown at some point because the series will be repeated".
Read on: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7347911.stm
What! So fucking football again takes place of other TV :shock:

I'm actually not watching it but that's not the point. I cannot believe they're skipping an episode under the bollocks "Episode two was the only show we could drop without spoiling the storyline".

But it's okay as people can just wait for the eventual repeat :evil:

In other words they're basically saying "pirate". If I were watching this I'd definitely download the missing episode. It could even get more people to download it, when they realise they can start watching it sooner.
Last edited by bradavon on 15 Apr 2008, 16:24, edited 2 times in total.
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

Why can't they just show the 2nd episode on a different day or something??! That way people who actually want to see it (you know, the people giving ITV their sodding ratings for this program) can get to see it.

I watched the first episode, it was quite good and was going to watch the 2nd. Being someone who actually prefers to wait till things are out on DVD so I can watch all the episodes without fear of missing one, I am quite pissed off at this and now will probably do what I normally do - not watch it till it is out on DVD.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

degeneration wrote:Why can't they just show the 2nd episode on a different day or something??! That way people who actually want to see it (you know, the people giving ITV their sodding ratings for this program) can get to see it.
Exactly! How hard would that be. Episode 1 brought in 5.7 million viewers too.

If it were me I'd download Episode 2 then carry on watching as normal.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Bah, if I was watching the show, I'd just download the lot of them. :)
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Seems stupid to me.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

That's bloody stypid!?!
Couldnt they just show Episode 2 in the Monday ITV slot?! Surely ITV knew how many episodes there were and to buy an 8 episode slot for a 9 episode series is just ludicrous.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

They also must've known that Euro 2008 was coming too.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Thank god that this isn't an ITV produced show. One of the reasons that Futurama died was because it kept being pre-empted by sports coverage.

I've a couple half episodes of "Pushing Daisies" (as in I only watched the latter halves, as there was something on TV at the same time as the show's first half hour.) and it's quite entertaining, very fairy tale-esque. The writing is quite sharp and the actors give charming, charisma-filled performances.

Anna Friel is quite cute as "Chuck" too.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Sporting taking over TV dos my fucking nut in :shock:

It's just not mustard!
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Teletext is sort like the Television's version of DOS. I imagine that it'll instantly die the moment they switch off the analogue broadcasts though.

Many a childhood birthday of mine I'd be thrilled to see my name displayed on TV, because I was a member of some sort of Teletext kid's club.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Don't say that, how will Grim cope :D. I've not used it for years. I don't even have the RF cable plugged into my (Analogue) TV.

I imagine digital teletext will continue not that I ever use that either, with the web what it is.