Asian Movies in HD!

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
Post Reply
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Hahah crafty edit hahahaha
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

No, not really. It was called common courtesy before and still is.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

:lol:
User avatar
Clueless_Monkey
Jade Tiger
Posts: 109
Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 21:34
Contact:

Post by Clueless_Monkey »

Metrodome have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of The Banquet on 2nd June 2008.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67517
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Thanks Clueless Monkey. That's good to hear.

Metrodome's "Days of Glory" is Region Free, hopefully "The Banquet" and "Assembly" are too.

There's a DVD too:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-banquet.html
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

pity this hasn't any english subs :(

Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

It is a pity. I've not seen my DVD yet but I reckon I might like it. The action looks awesome.
User avatar
Clueless_Monkey
Jade Tiger
Posts: 109
Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 21:34
Contact:

Post by Clueless_Monkey »

Nice!
April 19, 2008 - KEN IYADOMI, President and CEO of Bandai Entertainment, Inc.,
at a panel in Kawaii-kon in Hawaii, announces GHOST IN THE SHELL 2: INNOCENCE (Movie)
as their first BLURAY HIGH DEFINITION release. More information to come.

The English Dub is currently being recorded in Los Angeles.
http://innocence.bandai-ent.com/
http://www.animeondvd.com/news/news.php?news_view=13891
User avatar
Clueless_Monkey
Jade Tiger
Posts: 109
Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 21:34
Contact:

Post by Clueless_Monkey »

According to DDDHouse, Mega Star will release Infernal Affairs III on April 25!
Image
http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_deta ... uctID=8437
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

What about IA2?
They release the first one and the third one, but not the second one?
:alien:
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

That is weird.

I'm going to upgrade IA as that works as a standalone film but IA3 needs IA2, so I won't bother getting that until IA2 is also out. I will definitely then though.
Last edited by bradavon on 23 Apr 2008, 16:36, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
Clueless_Monkey
Jade Tiger
Posts: 109
Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 21:34
Contact:

Post by Clueless_Monkey »

Maybe they didn't want to release a film with Edison Chen on the cover. ;)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

What, like this one? :D -

Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Hopefully it will look better to the Infernal Affairs BD. I wish HK studios would start to use BD50s.

It's weird that a commentary is listed for IA3 as none of the DVDs have one. Only IA1 and IA2 have one. Hopefully IA3 is the DC too -

*118 minute Director's Cut
*107 minute Theatrical Cut
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Clueless_Monkey wrote:Metrodome have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of The Banquet on 2nd June 2008.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67517
Interesting:

"I asked the head of Metrodome press directly today and he said there is no BD release for The Banquet."

Source: http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ ... glory.html
User avatar
Clueless_Monkey
Jade Tiger
Posts: 109
Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 21:34
Contact:

Post by Clueless_Monkey »

That would make me a sad Monkey :(
User avatar
Clueless_Monkey
Jade Tiger
Posts: 109
Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 21:34
Contact:

Post by Clueless_Monkey »

Screw Metrodrome, looks like Mega Star will release some good stuff this (?) year:
Image
Found the scan at asiandvdguide.com, obviously ;)
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Interesting, DOBW. Thanks C.M.! Great to see that they're finally embracing BD50's too.

I'd be inclined to pick up the IA trilogy boxset and Exiled.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Fantastic:

* BD50s - At last!
* Infernal Affairs Trilogy - I'll so pick this up. I may have to wait until December to save getting caught by Customs though.
* Warlords - I was going to pick up the HK DVD soon too. I'll wait.

DOBW and ATGB, those are two interesting choices to pick BUT I hope they put the Mono back. The Original and Golden SE DVDs only have 5.1 remixes!

I may pick up DOBW, maybe. I'm not sure I like it all that much though.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

I'd get DAYS OF BEING WILD, but that's it...

Still, it's a start.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

It's a great start, it's not their fault you don't like the rest ;)
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Markgway wrote:I'd get DAYS OF BEING WILD, but that's it...

Still, it's a start.
I'd only get DOBW if the transfer ain't a stinking pile of arse.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

And it features Mono? The 5.1 remix is fairly OTT. I used to own the original DVD.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

It'll ue the same new masters found on the R3K/R2J, they're lurverly.
I don't like the film much however!
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Innocence is being re-released in AVC with TrueHD and DTS-HD MA.
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20080425/wds.htm
Post Reply