I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by Markgway »

Let's put it this way... if there's a good enough version available to buy... I'll buy it.

I much prefer it that way.

I want a nice collection.

However... would I waste money on a DVD if there's a better fan project?
No.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/show ... hp?t=21753

I'm actually a bit concerned here. Golden Dragon seems to be regressing - I hope he's ok.
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I'm back in business :) thanks guys!
bradavon wrote:
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Cool. Maybe you can liven things up a bit over there.... last I checked, they were talking about the weather.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

And cars.
bradavon wrote:
Tenchu1998
Jade Tiger

Post by Tenchu1998 »

HungFist wrote:When you own official and rare releases, or travel to catch them on festivals and on archive screenings, that's when you get my respect.
I used to buy DVD box-sets from Japan, and they cost me around a 100 Euro each... Stuff is expensive there. But that is how Japanese economy is structured - around people working all the time. Although, it's true the Japanese get most of the best editions of movies and music albums - that's only because they buy everything over there, and this makes the distributers invest more money in the Japanese market, doesn't it? I ended up selling most of my special editions, later on, and received 1/5 of what I bought them for. Do I get your respect? :)
HungFist wrote:And for new films, "waiting" is an issue that applied to everyone. In Japan I have to wait forever for most foreign films, e.g. 7 months for Only God Forgives (opened here in January 2014... in Finland June 2013). Now I have to close my eyes from all Godzilla discussions and trailers until the end of July when it opens here. But I do get to see most Japanese movies before you guys. Fair game.
Didn't 'Only God Forgives' come out as a Video On Demand release? You could probably have downloaded it legally from a legit Internet Service, or something. That movie didn't get much of a theatrical release in Europe anyway, from my understanding. Or maybe I am just wrong...
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Tenchu1998 wrote:
HungFist wrote:When you own official and rare releases, or travel to catch them on festivals and on archive screenings, that's when you get my respect.
I used to buy DVD box-sets from Japan, and they cost me around a 100 Euro each... Stuff is expensive there. But that is how Japanese economy is structured - around people working all the time. Although, it's true the Japanese get most of the best editions of movies and music albums - that's only because they buy everything over there, and this makes the distributers invest more money in the Japanese market, doesn't it? I ended up selling most of my special editions, later on, and received 1/5 of what I bought them for. Do I get your respect? :)
You do :lol:
Tenchu1998 wrote:
HungFist wrote:And for new films, "waiting" is an issue that applied to everyone. In Japan I have to wait forever for most foreign films, e.g. 7 months for Only God Forgives (opened here in January 2014... in Finland June 2013). Now I have to close my eyes from all Godzilla discussions and trailers until the end of July when it opens here. But I do get to see most Japanese movies before you guys. Fair game.
Didn't 'Only God Forgives' come out as a Video On Demand release? You could probably have downloaded it legally from a legit Internet Service, or something. That movie didn't get much of a theatrical release in Europe anyway, from my understanding. Or maybe I am just wrong...
Probably there was a foreign VoD available, but possibly region restricted. In any case, I'd rather wait 7 months to catch a film in cinema than watch it at home on small screen. Japanese cinemas are awesome - 95% of the time nobody's acting like an idiot - and the theater bathrooms were covered with Only God Forgives posters that said "God can see you in toilet" :lol:
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Oh man, GDYY is killing me! Pure comedy gold. Im at the point where I think he may just be trolling... and doing a pretty damn fine job of it too. Nobody is this clueless, come on.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

RetroRobot wrote:Oh man, GDYY is killing me! Pure comedy gold. Im at the point where I think he may just be trolling... and doing a pretty damn fine job of it too. Nobody is this clueless, come on.
I love the following: "Not only is there a thread, you posted in it..." ...
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Yeah, I laughed my ass off at that. DM is getting more annoyed by every post.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

I hate the fact he is soon going to pass my post count :D. <<in Shatner voice>> I just can't keep up.<<end staccato>>
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Well, maybe if you got your thumb out of your ass and started posting threads about baby videos, 70's alt rock, shiny cars and posters where the title is clearly written in english all the way across, while asking what movie it is, then you would be in the running. It's obviously your own fault.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

It's a bit scary. Like he's lost his mind or something.
bradavon wrote:
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Oh, believe me.... that train left the station a loooong time ago.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Who said the forum wouldn't suffer without me? :D
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

My absence can't have helped either.
bradavon wrote:
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Someone should create a user named Golden Dragon Ding Dong to combat him or emulate him (moderators get your IP address unfortunately so double creation of accounts could lead to expulsion, so my suggestion is just a joke.) He's the master of the unneeded quick reply which adds nothing to the conversation.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Honestly, I think a forum should be all encompassing..... to a point. If you add ZERO to the general discourse, no matter how well intentioned you may be, I would probably just lock you out, if I was a mod. I wouldn't feel good about it. But if you drag the whole place down and annoy longtime contributors, you gotta go.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Ivan Drago wrote:My absence can't have helped either.
It's ALWAYS about YOU!!! :roll:

;)
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Heeeee's Baaaaack........ better get my popcorn ready and wait for Drunken Monk to appear.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I get the impression he's not well, so I won't respond to his posts.
bradavon wrote:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

If this poster is 'unwell' then maybe one of the mods should have a quiet word. He might need sympathy rather than scorn.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

He seems a little "off" but not in a Falkor kinda way. More in an old and confused kinda way. He clearly annoys people, but I don't think it's the mods job to go in and play social worker.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

RetroRobot wrote:He seems a little "off" but not in a Falkor kinda way. More in an old and confused kinda way. He clearly annoys people, but I don't think it's the mods job to go in and play social worker.
I dunno. I mean, the guy might not have a clue he's annoying people. Is it not better to have a quiet word than wait for the vitriol to boil over?
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Less entertaining, but sure. Though if he is oblivious to the fact that he is annoying people, he is truly clueless. Maybe it's just the old age thing, I don't know. But people have called him out in subtle and not so subtle ways for years now, so I don't know if a mod reaching out would do much good. Who knows, maybe they have already tried.