Pet Hates

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp

Pet Hates

Post by brooce-leroy »

Its that time again, to let your fustrations come to the boil, take a deep breath, and let it all out. What are your pet hates?

Here's mine:

Driver's who don't signal. YOU FUCKING LAZY BASTERDS, ITS JUST A HAND FLICK AWAY! I could have gone! :angry:

Women who drive BIG FUCK OFF 4x4s that are about 10 times too big for them! WHY??? :angry: They can just about see the road.

In car parks, people who don't park their cars properly. ITS NOT MEANT TO BE PARKED IN THE BAY DIAGONALLY or about 1cm from my door!!!@!! :rage: You've just dented my door you fuckhead! Just fucking park it the way you done it when you took the test FFS!

Moron drivers who don't acknowlege when you go out of the way to give way to them. I DON'T KNOW WHY I FUCKING BOTHER YOU ARROGANT TWATS.

Oooooo look at me I drive an expensive/fast car/Aston Martin, the highway code doesn't apply to me. :banghead:

Oooooo look I ride a bicycle, the highway code doesn't apply to me and red traffic lights actually mean GO not STOP. :roll:

People who don't wash their hands in a public toilet

Roy Hodgson: Just GOOOOOOO FFS. :banghead:

Maplin employees who express overt annoyance and ask 20 questions when you return stuff, despite having a 28 day return policy on goods inc. if you change your mind if unused?? :roll: :mad:

I'm sure i have loads more but just get those off my chest for now.

EDIT: The missus has just said:

- supermarket employees who have no manners and sit there looking like an extra from Dawn of The Dead

- people who bump into you, or push past you and don't apologise.
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Pet Hates

Post by Markgway »

It might actually be quicker for me to just list things that don't annoy me.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

When people say 'crutch' instead of 'crotch' :lol:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I've got the same problem as Mark. I hate too many things. If I'm ever in charge of a big red button which would control the fate of mankind, then we'd all be doomed.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

brooce-leroy wrote:In car parks, people who don't park their cars properly.
Have you noticed as well that it's usually the people with the smallest cars (read: women) who can never park properly in a car park? I once had to get the supermarket to make an announcement after some dopey sod in a Ford Ka parked right up alongside my driver's side door. She never apologised either, just got straight into her car without making eye-contact! Next time I'll key their car and then inform the supermarket.
people who bump into you, or push past you and don't apologise.
I've moaned about this before on the TDF forums but I'm glad to hear even women have this problem, as I'm forever having to slalom past those "Women Shoppers With A Purpose" whenever I go shopping. The worst are the people with children who just barge down an aisle forcing you to either leap out the way or let them run into you, and when it's a 5ft 5 girl with an infant in hand you've got to question their sanity in charging down someone like me who is 6ft 3 and a touch on the large (read: fat) side. You'd think they'd get the idea that I'm no fucking ninja, I'll be lumbering out the way as fast as I can but I certainly won't be doing any backflips into the next aisle! :D
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I'm not moving out of the way. Just yesterday I was on the bicycle to a town, and on the way there you come across kids coming from school, and these are huge packs of teens all riding alongside eachother and taking up all the space. And they come right at you. Well fuck it. They're in my lane, and they better fucking move out of the way. Which they usually do.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

This is the first time I do censorship modding here. Sorry about that. But I'm tired of Gozooki's childish and personal Brad insults, that would, according to many countries' legislation, be considered a crime. Joking is one thing - it's a global hobby to make fun of Brad, Mark, and me - but what you're doing is just plain malicious, insulting, and personal. Please try behave a like a grown up.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

HungFist wrote:This is the first time I do censorship modding here.
How about when I typed a spoiler that wasn't actually a spoiler ;)

I agree though, the Brad comment was completely unnecessary.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Making fun of moi??

Why I oughtta...... :icon_suspect:
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

gasteropod wrote:
HungFist wrote:This is the first time I do censorship modding here.
How about when I typed a spoiler that wasn't actually a spoiler ;)
Adding spoiler tags doesn't count. I was just helping you with something you forgot :D
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I felt violated :o
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

gasteropod wrote:I felt violated :o
You liked it :evil:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

brooce-leroy wrote:Driver's who don't signal. YOU FUCKING LAZY BASTERDS, ITS JUST A HAND FLICK AWAY! I could have gone! :angry:

Women who drive BIG FUCK OFF 4x4s that are about 10 times too big for them! WHY??? :angry: They can just about see the road.

In car parks, people who don't park their cars properly. ITS NOT MEANT TO BE PARKED IN THE BAY DIAGONALLY or about 1cm from my door!!!@!! :rage: You've just dented my door you fuckhead! Just fucking park it the way you done it when you took the test FFS!
These really annoy me too but I'll open up 4x4s to "anyone" who solely uses it for town driving. Why the fuck would you want a car so big and not designed for the cramped nature of towns and cities?

I'll add:

1. People who actually think it's cool/good to look fake: fake boobs, fake hair extensions, fake this, fake that.
2. People who actually think it's cool/good to be ignorant/stupid. Sorry I don't know this or don't know how to spell that. Go and fucking look it up. I literally don't get why people are happy to remain ignorant. If I don't know how to spell a word or what a word means, I go look it up. I'm always on dictionary.com.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

bradavon wrote:1. People who actually think it's cool/good to look fake: fake boobs, fake hair extensions, fake this, fake that.
2. People who actually think it's cool/good to be ignorant/stupid. Sorry I don't know this or don't know how to spell that. Go and fucking look it up. I literally don't get why people are happy to remain ignorant. If I don't know how to spell a word or what a word means, I go look it up. I'm always on dictionary.com.
Agreed!
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by tom2681 »

*Wow! my login still works after all these years!*
Hello, people. Long time no see.

My pet hate:
People who stand still on escalators.
For fuck's sake, it's not a rollercoaster. It doesn't have bars to prevent you from leaning forward. It's a moving staircase. Move your fat arse!
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Hi, Tom. Nice to see you again. How about making a comeback?
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp

Post by brooce-leroy »

Yeah, brad, i agree with the whole 4X4 thing. I don't get it. If I could afford a car like that I'd get a something bigger than what I have, but not one of them. They would have come in useful for the snow, mind. I got trapped a few times.

RE the fake thing - I don't like fake tans where the girls look orange. And it always seems to look patchy. At least get it done properly a la Ross in Friends.

And women/girls who stroll around town in their pyjamas.???
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

tom2681 wrote:*Wow! my login still works after all these years!*
Hello, people. Long time no see.

My pet hate:
People who stand still on escalators.
For fuck's sake, it's not a rollercoaster. It doesn't have bars to prevent you from leaning forward. It's a moving staircase. Move your fat arse!
Hey how's it going, I have to disagree with your pet hate though, it's perfectly normal to stand still on escalators...
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I agree with you Gas, but whats the point of a travelator walkway thing at an airport? You can WALK faster than that :D
Hello Tom, Comment va-tu?
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

- People who can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're".
- People who can't tell the difference between "there", "they're" and "their".
- Dumb Americans who use "than" and "then" in the wrong way.
- Slow moving fat people who insist on walking in the middle of the pavement.
- People who can't just accept you for who you are.

Who am I kidding, I might as well write a list of things that don't wind me up, otherwise this list could go on all day. :rage:
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I have to admit that I'm one for standing still on escalators. Not all the time but sometimes. Depends on how much energy I have and my enthusiasm for where I'm going. Given my almost constant lack of enthusiasm for anything... I quite often stand still. If someone can't wait ten seconds to pass then fuck them. Take the fucking stairs. What really bugs me is when people block aisleways in shops to stand and have conversations. Take it outside, you fucks.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Markgway wrote:
tom2681 wrote:People who stand still on escalators.
I have to admit that I'm one for standing still on escalators. Not all the time but sometimes. Depends on how much energy I have and my enthusiasm for where I'm going. Given my almost constant lack of enthusiasm for anything... I quite often stand still. If someone can't wait ten seconds to pass then fuck them. Take the fucking stairs. What really bugs me is when people block aisleways in shops to stand and have conversations. Take it outside, you fucks.
Typical caucasian stupidity. In Japan everyone who stands in the escalator stands on the left side, leaving the right side open for those who are in a hurry. No one in the west ever came to think of that being possible... :(
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

HungFist wrote:Typical caucasian stupidity. In Japan everyone who stands in the escalator stands on the left side, leaving the right side open for those who are in a hurry. No one in the west ever came to think of that being possible... :(
That's how it works in the London underground actually.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Yup, in the london tube system and most UK rail stations you will find that practice in action (only as always the opposite way, we stand still on the right). Never underestimate an Englishman's ability to appreciate and abide by a logical queuing system, remember my friend who I started a thread about him visiting Japan in November? He came back with over 2000 photos and about half of them was of the painted queue lanes on the floors at places like Tsukiji fish market! :lol:
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

gasteropod wrote:
HungFist wrote:hat's how it works in the London underground actually.
On the right on the Lodon Underground but yeah. True stuff :P

But everything else is better in Japan :love: :love: :love:
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)