Ebay buyer facing lawsuit over feedback

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:The lowest item price gets bumped to the top of the page doesn't it?
It depends how you order it.
Markgway wrote:I haven't sold so I don't know the ins and outs but I'm not the type of person who would use ebay to make a profit.
What's the point with the hassle of selling it then???

The thing is adding £10 (for example) to a £200 DVD Player won't bother something but adding 50p a £4 DVD will and will mean your profits are hurt if you don't add it.

I wouldn't object to free postage on a DVD Player as you can easily recover your costs and still make some decent wedge but on a DVD it's much, much trickier.
dvdvision
Pedicab Driver

Post by dvdvision »

The new feedback rules are dangerous. Let's say Bradavon, that I'm jealous of your business, as I am a competitor, and want to bring you down so that I can profit from selling my stuff instead. All I have to do is create a fake account, buy stuff from you, hassle you and make negatives comments. Easy way is to buy 5 DVDs from you and you're done. That's dangerous for sellers, but ebay doesn't care.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Yep. You can then close your account and go on your merry way. I'd imagine if you keep doing it eBay will ban your IP address, which may slow you down for awhile.
dvdvision
Pedicab Driver

Post by dvdvision »

They won't. I had some neg feedback from a guy who had a -3 feedback before the new rules, he was clearly a conman, all his feedback was negative from guys who complained. Guess what, they didn't cancel my neg, and he is still on ebay. :shock:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I wouldn't have sold to someone with that bad feedback. It really pisses me off how they won't remove negative feedback.

I once got some but luckily the guy withdrew it, when I pointed out he'd not bothered to reading the listing page. I'd clearly stated it was a Thai DVD.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:are you saying people who run a little operation and make a few extra pennies out of it are wrong to do so?
Wrong is a subjective word. All I'm saying is I wouldn't do it. Consumers get screwed over enough by big companies without the little guy getting in on the action.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:
Wrong is a subjective word. All I'm saying is I wouldn't do it. Consumers get screwed over enough by big companies without the little guy getting in on the action.
i don't get you.hypothetically i buy a dvd for £5, a year later i ebay it and get £9 for it.what should i do with my profit?give it back? how is making a profit on something screwing over the little guy :?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

If it's an auction you can't stop the price from going up... but I'm talking about people who list a minimum price that's too high or a cheaper price and steeper postage. I'm not saying you're like that. When you sold that Timecop DVD to me you gave me a very good price that included postage. So don't take personal offence at my comments.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Nah i wouldn't take offence lol...the vast majority of my ebay sales have been the selling of el cheapo dvds that i've either upgraded or no longer wanted,sure i've done well on some stuff like the danish Wheels Of Terror,No Retreat No Surrender & the £106 for Megastar Wheels On Meals 8) i've got 30 on now the vast majority with a starting price of well under a quid :)
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

saltysam wrote:& the £106 for Megastar Wheels On Meals
Whut?! :o
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Surely if someone sells a DVD for a rip off price, it's no different from the likes of HMV doing it? I really don't get the big deal. Don't buy it, if you think it's expensive.

My god £106. Is the listing still live? I bet you were laughing all the way to the bank with that one. Was it just one mad buyer or a bidding frenzy?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

it was around 2 years ago,i knew the dvd was scarce and expected maybe £12-£14 for it,no more as there were loads of bootlegs around. bidding quickly went up to £40 and kept rising 8) a yank won it in the end and paid straight away. i once got £55 for Mortal Kombat tv series pilot which cost me a fiver,that was a yank as well.wouldn't happen now,buyers are far more savvy.
dvdvision
Pedicab Driver

Post by dvdvision »

It wasn't me selling but buying. I never do auction just buy it now sales, it's easier and plainer for everyone involved. All my negs were from me buying having trouble with sellers, (ie the kind who say ok to paypal, but ask for a check or money in a letter once the sale is done, it's fishy), so eventually, I stopped buying on ebay unless I investigate the guy feedback very carefuly.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Check this auction i currently have running :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... =p3907.m29
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

:o