The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Well hello Kurgan :)

and hey it was renamed about 3 months ago haha :P

but hey the soundtrack has come out in the UK and its called Danny the Dog soundtrack! so hey I think we may get the Dog name still and everywhere else will get Unleashed :)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Went to the job centre today and did another round of interviews as I hope to get a job of some kind (part time I dunno) in the future.
I've got loads of qualifications its the experience I need...
Wolf
Jade Tiger

Post by Wolf »

Just got back from my JET interview at the Japan Embassey in London. I think it went well but silly me looked up everything they could possibly ask me bar the structure of Japanese Schools Doh'' I tried to blagh it but it did not go well.

I'm in two minds whether or not to accept a position (if successful) because I've just been offered a good post where I work. I'm a bit concerned that I may not find emplyment when I return. I've been on the dole and it sucks big time.

Grim I was in your position last year, cold not a get a job due to lack of experience. Just hang in there buddy, I know it's tough and it is dis-heartening to be turned down again and again.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Thanks Wolf :D

Anyway, my family (that is to say, me and my mum :P ) are moving tomorrow to a new house in St. Albans, I may not have internet for a while (but we're getting BB in the new house).

See you soon :D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

TatA petal :) keep job hunting
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

[quote][i]Originally posted by Wolf[/i]
Just got back from my JET interview at the Japan Embassey in London. I think it went well but silly me looked up everything they could possibly ask me bar the structure of Japanese Schools Doh'' I tried to blagh it but it did not go well.

I'm in two minds whether or not to accept a position (if successful) because I've just been offered a good post where I work. I'm a bit concerned that I may not find emplyment when I return. I've been on the dole and it sucks big time.

Grim I was in your position last year, cold not a get a job due to lack of experience. Just hang in there buddy, I know it's tough and it is dis-heartening to be turned down again and again. [/quote]

What a coincidence... I had my JET interview two days ago. Went ok but I'm definately not going as it would destroy my future career in the oil industry.

Went for iterview pactise though. Wonder if I've been accepted...
Wolf
Jade Tiger

Post by Wolf »

So they're still interviewing ey? Omoshiroi desu ne.

Bisc how did the interview go for you? Just as you I went for the experience. Afterwards I went to the Japan Centre for a meal (some VERY fit birds there). All in all a nice day out in London away form work. Bisc I'm a bit curious but what's sort of job do you have?

[Edited on 4/2/2005 by Wolf]
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

[quote][i]Originally posted by Wolf[/i]
So they're still interviewing ey? Omoshiroi desu ne.

Bisc how did the interview go for you? Just as you I went for the experience. Afterwards I went to the Japan Centre for a meal (some VERY fit birds there). All in all a nice day out in London away form work. Bisc I'm a bit curious but what's sort of job do you have?

[/quote]

Hey hey Wolf dude,

I had my interview in Edinburgh, as I live in Glasgow. At the meeting room, I was the only guy there - the rest were 100% fit and super porkable babes. Kinda made me feel funny during the actual interview, hormones going wild and everything. There was no lunch afterwards, I just went to starbucks by myself and drank coffee for 3 hours until my bus ride home.

The interview went fine. I felt calm, relaxed and spoke slowly and clearly. I think I answered all their questions fully. Perhaps because I knew this wasn't serious, I felt alright prior to the interview.

I'm still a student, in my final (5th) year. Studying Masters in Mechanical Engineering at University of Strathclyde. Gotta look for a job soon in the oil industry (my background). Thing is, they are dead anal about graduates who have taken a gap year and prefer those who have just finished their studies.
Wolf
Jade Tiger

Post by Wolf »

I would have thought gap year students would be more desirable as they wont be so 'wet behind the ears' so to speak.

They did not offer lunch at the interview, I went by myself to the Japan Centre which was down the road from the embassy.
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Well we'll see what happens. I wish you good luck with yours anyway. Hope you get it!! :cool:

PS: (Sorry for asking this again) so is your avatar taken from an advert or what? Cheers.
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
TatA petal :) keep job hunting [/quote]

nwo imam only a simeply man. i don urnderstand everything.... but i now this.... YOU WRULE!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

(iv had a few)

ps: hers som pics of me drinking (all b myself... ...ALL BBBBYYYYY MMMMMMMMMYYYYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/donttellanyo ... esune1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/donttellanyo ... esune2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/donttellanyo ... esune3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/donttellanyo ... esune4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/donttellanyo ... esune5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/donttellanyo ... esune6.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/donttellanyo ... esune7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/donttellanyo ... esune8.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.lycos.co.uk/donttellanyo ... esune9.jpg[/img]
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

You're crazy, Bisc :P
Unrealnils
Pedicab Driver

Post by Unrealnils »

crazy ass punk!
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

[size=50]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/size]

CRACKING STUFF nice to see pics of you :D
Wolf
Jade Tiger

Post by Wolf »

LOL thats a sureal set of pics!

God knows what your doing to that umbrella in the last pic ;)

[Edited on 14/2/2005 by Wolf]
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Hey,

How's everyone doing?

I bet you've not missed me one bit! :P

I think the forum has though... seems kinda dead still... :(

I would've thought that after several months the "transition" would've been over, but I see on the front page that work is still to be done. Still at least you're staying at this site...... riiight???
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Hi Mark! ;)
I'm back! :D Been offline for ages. Nice to see you.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I missed you :D the sites not doing much at the mo, but hopefully soon it will.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

We need to liven this bitch up!! ;)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

D'you want to know what's wrong with this forum?

Since I've been on both Jeddie and The Lost Dragon have been on-line and neither one posted a single word.

I'm not blaming them, just using as a convenient example.

Is this how it is...? People come by hang around for a minute or two doing nothing then bugger off again?

No wonder this place is dead.

At the end of the day this forum sinks or swims because of the people who use it. There's currently 100 members and how many actually contribute?

Something to think about...
brassmonkey001
Little White Dragon

Post by brassmonkey001 »

Bisc - the old stepladder + Superglue + Ear problem again? How many times is that now? Tsk!
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

[quote][i]Originally posted by brassmonkey001[/i]
Bisc - the old stepladder + Superglue + Ear problem again? How many times is that now? Tsk! [/quote]

lmao!! :D:D:D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Does anyone know what the song on the Lacoste ad is (often it pops up on Eurosport). Its' a woman singing, with lyrics like "Let me show you the way/Its a game that we play/I don't want to believe but its over now" or something like that.

Mark I agree with what you say about the forum there, nice to have you back though livening things up :D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Waiting for my bedroom to be decorated now, getting new shelves and stuff... still getting berated (slightly) about the amount of DVDs I have, as my mum is the "why would anyone want to watch a film over and over" type - jeez :roll: :D
She has a point, I shouldnt buy DVDs all the time and waste money, but I explained that chunky boxsets make the collection seem bigger than it actually is (its actually only 26 more than I had at the end of 2003, and I'm missing one, probably got lost in the move). No way do I buy all of them either, some I got in trades, some as presents etc and some of them are cheaper than you'd think.
Lobbied somewhat for more shelf space (there has to be a consideration over what will fit in my room).

When I run out of shelf space I could just buy a DVD/CD rack :D

Sheesh.. parents :D :?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Went to see/chat with my friend Izumi yesterday (hadnt seen her for ages) which was nice :) She's going to Japan on Monday (I think). She had a job teaching Japanese to children (primary school age).
I'll miss her :(