Im leaving too!!....dry your eye's sucka's ill be back!!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Godzooki
King of Beggars

Im leaving too!!....dry your eye's sucka's ill be back!!

Post by Godzooki »

Anyone been to India?

I have been offered a short term contract out in Delhi, an initial 8 weeks but there is every chance it could be extended. Apart from it being hot i know nothing else about the country or its capital.

I have said to my employer i am interested as i am currently at risk, facing redundancy in November. I see this being a perfect stage to further prove my worth to the company and hopefully put myself in the frame for other oppurtunitys.

72 hours to make up my mind. :?
Last edited by Godzooki on 31 Aug 2006, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

India will be a huge culture shock... even in Delhi, which has nice cosmopolitan areas, but is otherwise surrounded by slums, poverty, pollution and nasty smells. It is a cheap place to live (Dehli is considered expensive in India) - on an average UK salary, you should be able to live in comfort and "luxury."

You shouldn't have a problem speaking English to the educated and working class.

Be careful of the food - you will get sick (I'll be surprised if you don't).

India's meant to be developing due to its supposed economic growth but tbh, it's still a dump in comparison to China (now there's a real country that's developing).

You're only going for 8 weeks, which isn't bad. So you might want to bite the bullet and just go for it? At your salary you should be fine - I'm sure you'll be living in a nice area.

Good luck man and if I can help in any way, let me know.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I know they have lots of Indians, so you'd better not be going there wearing a cowboy hat, cause you'd get in trouble...

Anyway, it's only 8 weeks so if you dont have anyone waiting at home for you, I'd say do it. If you do have someone at home, I'd say don't (depending on the relationship ofcourse)

Sounds like a good experience man. Plus you can check out some holy cows and stuff... maybe frighten them a bit with whispering barbeque recipies in their ears...

BTW: have you checked out our bollywood movie thread here in the off-topic section? Classic stuff in there, man... check it out. :D
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

What've you decided on?
For the record, I agree with Bisc and Yi. It'll be something to talk about :D
Godzooki
King of Beggars

Post by Godzooki »

Kurgan wrote:What've you decided on?
For the record, I agree with Bisc and Yi. It'll be something to talk about :D
No longer my decision, numbers required for the project have dropped from 5 people to just 3, 5 people are still interested. I will find out either way by close of play on Tuesday.

Timescales prevent a desktop excercise or an assesment center to select 3 candidates from the 5, so how they will do the selection i do not know. Roll on Tuesday.

If i go i will prob fly out week commencing the 4th September. :)
Godzooki
King of Beggars

Post by Godzooki »

All confirmed, spending a few days next week down south in the clients UK head office and then its off to India.

Im bricking it a fair bit, im sure i will be alright but the turnaround from being asked to go and the actual having to leave has been really quick and its leaving me questioning as to weather or not i have really thought this through.

Missus is super upset, leaving her on her own to run the house, look after the puppy but i hope she realises im doing this for both of us. Also the inlaws come round more than i like just now so im sure they will be round even more once i go, so she will be looked after.

Going shopping and to the dry cleaners tomorow to get all my stuff sorted. ANyone think of anything i should pick up tomorow? Apart from plenty shit roll and surge socket thingy's!
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Korean Star f*cker! wrote:All confirmed, spending a few days next week down south in the clients UK head office and then its off to India.

Im bricking it a fair bit, im sure i will be alright but the turnaround from being asked to go and the actual having to leave has been really quick and its leaving me questioning as to weather or not i have really thought this through.

Missus is super upset, leaving her on her own to run the house, look after the puppy but i hope she realises im doing this for both of us. Also the inlaws come round more than i like just now so im sure they will be round even more once i go, so she will be looked after.

Going shopping and to the dry cleaners tomorow to get all my stuff sorted. ANyone think of anything i should pick up tomorow? Apart from plenty shit roll and surge socket thingy's!
Some flowers and maybe a couple of nice DVDs to watch, for your girl... to make her feel you're not leaving for India to get away from her...
Didnt you talk this through in advance with her? If she was upset about it, why didnt you say no to the job in India? But if she was first OK with it, and now starts moaning, she deserves a smack in the mouth... ;)

Anyway, good luck, man. I'm sure you'll be OK. Just tell everyone there that you're canadian instead of British/Yankee, and you'll be alright...
gojensen
King of Beggars

Post by gojensen »

missus implies female...

perfectly normal behaviour.

nothing to be done about that :D

you really should see a doctor to get all vaccines and shots and what nots... I'm sure they have tablets to help your stomach settle all the new bacteria down there aswell...
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

You're a brave dude Tcage, best of luck to you and please email/text me if I can be of service. Take it easy and keep in touch.
Godzooki
King of Beggars

Post by Godzooki »

Yi-Long wrote:
Anyway, good luck, man. I'm sure you'll be OK. Just tell everyone there that you're canadian instead of British/Yankee, and you'll be alright...
Ill tell them the truth. Im Scottish and proud of it. Indians have no beef with us haggis bashers......do they? :wink:

Thanks for the comments guys take care and all the best. :D

Bisc, will give you a buzz next week for a natter before i go. :)
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Korean Star f*cker! wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:
Ill tell them the truth. Im Scottish and proud of it. Indians have no beef with us haggis bashers......do they? :wink:
What!? You think they dont see scottish football in India!?

:D
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

Did somebody say something about My Little Pony?! :blob3:

What the hell is going on around here? Why is Tigger f*cking Korean stars, and what the hell happened here? Where is everybody :?:

Just stopped by for a minute, but will be back this weekend to try to figure out why everything went to hell while I was gone. ;)

KURGAN! Get ready to fill me in!
(um, on what happened that is :oops: )
Last edited by the68monkey on 01 Sep 2006, 04:22, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

Oh, P.S. Work sucks, and Tigger still can't spell. :P

(Pssst! And yes, Shen, Yi is DEFORMED! :lol: )
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
Shen
Royal Tramp

Post by Shen »

the68monkey wrote:
(Pssst! And yes, Shen, Yi is DEFORMED! :lol: )
:lol: :lol:
Godzooki
King of Beggars

Post by Godzooki »

the68monkey wrote:Oh, P.S. Work sucks, and Tigger still can't spell. :P
I fucking can spell. I would call you a cheeky f*cker but last person i said that to left the boards. :oops:
the68monkey wrote:
What the hell is going on around here? Why is Tigger f*cking Korean stars, and what the hell happened here? Where is everybody
Yeah as i touched on before what happened was there was a bit of bickering and moaning going on so i stepped in to try to bring peace to the boards by calling people cunts............

I had no cruel intentions though.

Anyways back on topic, unless you have anything to add, get the fuck out my India thread you crazy mare. :)

Guys,

Check out my new digs in Dehli for the next 4-8 weeks!

http://delhi.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Back of the net, how cool is that? Im gonna be living it up! :D
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
Cooey
Jade Tiger

Post by Cooey »

Tigger mate how are you?!

Best of luck to you buddy!!
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

How are you Cooey my man? :D
Of course I see you on Imports Forum but been a while since you posted on BnB :)
Cooey
Jade Tiger

Post by Cooey »

Yeah just thought I'd drop in to see how things are going over here :)
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

the68monkey wrote:Did somebody say something about My Little Pony?! :blob3:
My Little Pony? Pah. I was... I mean, er, my sister was always into Care Bears.

the68monkey wrote:KURGAN! Get ready to fill me in!
(um, on what happened that is :oops: )
Well, for the benefit of everyone that's returned from however long a hiatus they were on...

Some people have been playing slightly fast'n'loose with their English, some people have been getting pissed off at that, some people have been getting into slanging matches, some people have been leaving in a huff, some people have been trying to calm things down and other people have been talking about castration. (That last one is a very select group :D)

...Wait, were you coming onto me? Why, Miss Monkey, I do declare! *searches in vain for a fluttering eyes emoticon; fails; makes do with this instead* ;)

Godzooki
King of Beggars

Post by Godzooki »

Cooey wrote:Tigger mate how are you?!

Best of luck to you buddy!!
Hey fella, im not too bad mate. Running about like a blue arsed fly trying to get my visa sorted. How are you and everyone over at the import forums? Hope you and the missus and your moter are well and work is going good. :)

Good bunch on these boards at the mo, dont know half the cunts on here anymore but they are all nice and friendly. You might wanna stick around or at least pop in from time to time. :)
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
Godzooki
King of Beggars

Post by Godzooki »

34 hours and ill be on my way!! :twisted:

Speak 2 you f*ckers in a month or so! :D
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

When you come back your name will be My Little Pony. 8)
Godzooki
King of Beggars

Post by Godzooki »

Markgway wrote:When you come back your name will be My Little Pony. 8)
:|

See you guys in a while, my cab will be here in 2 hours! :cry:
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
Godzooki
King of Beggars

Post by Godzooki »

BiscLimpkit wrote:India will be a huge culture shock... even in Delhi, which has nice cosmopolitan areas, but is otherwise surrounded by slums, poverty, pollution and nasty smells. It is a cheap place to live (Dehli is considered expensive in India) - on an average UK salary, you should be able to live in comfort and "luxury.".
Bed and Breakfast in a king room at the Grand Hyatt, all laundry/dry cleaning, 2hours worth of phonecalls, use of driver 24/7 paid for by the company. On top of that we have a daily allowance and assingment allowance on top of our wages. 8) Result! Only what am i supposed to buy, the malls are like shopping at poundstetchers!
BiscLimpkit wrote: Be careful of the food - you will get sick (I'll be surprised if you don't)
No Shit!! Since friday i have been bed/toilet ridden, a shit and vomit fest(sometimes even at the same time). Had a doctor out Saturday and again yesterday, both times i was visited by the same micky mouse doctor. Gave me an injection for the vommiting and 6 other medicines to take. The medicinces prescribed were clearly not working so i called back to the UK yesterday afternoon and got them to step in, within 4 hours i had the head physician out from the main hospital in delhi who has got me on the road to recovery. Also had blood taken to check if its viral. Im still feeling lousy but im deffo on the mend, thank god.

BiscLimpkit wrote: India's meant to be developing due to its supposed economic growth but tbh, it's still a dump in comparison to China (now there's a real country that's developing).)
From what i have seen (not much) its a complete shit hole, im spending most of my time in a 5 star hotel but as soon as we leave the hotel you see the real India. :?

The poverty out here is far worse than i expected, i can not understand how anyone can accept other human beings and animals living in such conditions.

Also whats with the roads and the drivers???, its a fucking free for all, everyone has a death wish, how the fuck do they get insured? Also whats with the drink driving? Its legal to drive smashed out your head! :roll: Honestly we were driven to a chinese restraunt early last week and our hosts were smashed and i was shocked to see them climb into thier cars only for them to proclaim it was legal. :?

So far im pretty dissapointed with the place, although i would accept i have not seen enough to fairly comment.

Hope everyone here on BnB are well. Take care! :)
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp

Post by brooce-leroy »

I've spent quite a bit of time in China and there's no application of a highway code of any sort there either! :roll: It's like a stock car racing rally out there at times. Although India sounds worse!
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."