I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by Shingster »

Yeah I turned into Public Enemy No.1 after expressing my opinion that the £70/80 Dawn of the Dead Limited Edition Blu-ray/UHD was a pretty extreme outlay for a single film (with three cuts, book, soundtrack CDs) and wished they'd included a less laden LE alongside it for £20-£30. Boy did they not like that! Just reminded me of all the tribal bullshit that goes on over there and decided I'd had enough.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Shingster wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 16:43 Yeah I turned into Public Enemy No.1 after expressing my opinion that the £70/80 Dawn of the Dead Limited Edition Blu-ray/UHD was a pretty extreme outlay for a single film (with three cuts, book, soundtrack CDs) and wished they'd included a less laden LE alongside it for £20-£30. Boy did they not like that! Just reminded me of all the tribal bullshit that goes on over there and decided I'd had enough.
That's too bad. I loved seeing you get into fights :lol: It brought a bit of color to an awfully dull forum
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

It does seem as if the mods are on a mission to create the blandest, most censorious forum on the interweb.

Maybe it's secretly run by the CCP? :icon_suspect:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

That's a shame Shingster :(
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

HungFist wrote: 07 Aug 2020, 15:46 That's too bad. I loved seeing you get into fights :lol: It brought a bit of color to an awfully dull forum
Yeah that was the other problem, I'm too argumentative for that place and like Mark I was on the "next ban will last for weeks" stage, so I had to be really careful! :D

Speaking of Bluray.com mods being major censorious and argumentative members: How the fudge has Aclea managed to get banned?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

No idea, but Aclea is one of the most knowledgeable posters on that forum.

Maybe he farted in the wrong key?
Ivan Drago
Hail the Judge!

Post by Ivan Drago »

Aclea was very vocal on the Fu Manchu thread...

How the hell Richard W doesn't get a permannent ban (which he richly deserves) is beyond me
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Yeah I know Aclea likes a good debate and all, but I've never seen him post anything that could ever be construed as inflammatory to any mods! I bet he fell foul of their absurd political comment rules.

I must admit I don't think I've ever butted heads with Richard W so can't think of any egregious posts he's made in the past, then again I tend to recognise posters more by their avatars than user names!
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Shingster wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 01:45 Yeah I know Aclea likes a good debate and all, but I've never seen him post anything that could ever be construed as inflammatory to any mods! I bet he fell foul of their absurd political comment rules.
The way I see it: if you haven't been banned yet, you're doing it wrong. :D

I think I've had six, and that was without really trying. :cool:
then again I tend to recognise posters more by their avatars than user names!
Does that make me a pussy? :oops: ;)
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

You can be a "pussy" in the mafiosa sense if you want, but you earn that nickname if you were once a cat burglar apparently! :D

I remember there was one loopy member over there that always referred to you as Kitty or somesuch because of your avatar, forgot his username!

Think I was on 4 or 5 bans by the time I quit the boards, I think by the time you hit your fourth you're looking at about a month for each ban. Pretty crazy when you can easily get banned on that place for comments made weeks prior that didn't insult or offend anyone, nor cause any form of distress or conflict (in fact can gain blanket approval and agreement), just because it might have infringed on one of their absurd draconian rules.