I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Unread postby Shingster » 22 Apr 2016, 03:40

I seem to recall there was a gap because I didn't rejoin until a couple of years later and IIRC that was because a new forum hadn't been set up in the subsequent weeks after the old went.

Just a little history for our newer members: Bullets 'n' Babes is a pretty old place, the first website and forum (back when we had a main site that published reviews) was ran by a guy named Jenz for years before his wife sadly passed away leaving him a single father with more important things to do than keep a modestly thriving asian film community running. I think it took a few weeks before members of the old site created this newer incarnation and by then the damage as done, many of our regulars had scattered in the wind, but even back then the community was much larger than it is today.

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby Markgway » 14 Jul 2016, 15:36

I just got suspended from Blu-ray.com.

You want to know why?

Here it is in their own words:

"You have been banned for the following reason:
Gender discussion in the Ghostbusters thread.

Date the ban will be lifted: 07-18-2016, 10:00 AM"

Now, anyone who's visited that thread knows it's full of sexist bile, right? I made a post criticizing the rampant sexism (and gender stereotyping) and they banned me for it.
I'm not sure if the mod(s) misunderstood what I wrote (possibly) or they just deployed their usual shotgun approach in which everyone gets blamed for the actions of a minority (probably).
I didn't know all discussion of gender was suddenly verboten; it's not like I was even given a warning (in public or private).
Of course, there's no comeback.
You can't even PM a mod to plead your case.
The mods' heavy handiness ruins that forum, but there's no telling them.
They're right, everyone else is wrong. End of.

Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Unread postby Masterofoneinchpunch » 14 Jul 2016, 17:20

I hate that no-PMing (reminds me of HKMDB and even if you are logged in you cannot PM.)

Do you have any copies of what you wrote?

Right now I just do not have an interest in the new Ghostbusters. Rogerbert.com had this bizarre article from one of its writers basically stating that if you had no interest in the new film you were a sexist misogynistic male who grew up playing with the toys: The Real Reason Men of a Certain Age Hate the "Ghostbusters" Remake (I'm not kidding, funny enough the film had not come out when that was written) Though funny enough now one of their critics panned the film, though she still echoes that essay "All this misplaced misogynistic hostility that has been sliming the reputation of director’s Paul Feig’s gender-reassignment redo (co-written with Katie Dippold, his partner on “The Heat”) has stirred the girl-power advocate inside of me." Of course since this is the Internet there is misogynistic hostility, but there has been a lot of criticism that had pertinent points on the problems of the redoing of this film.

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby Markgway » 14 Jul 2016, 18:19

Someone posted a quote complaining that the reboot stereotyped men -- as if!?!

I merely said that would make up for decades of women in Hollywood being portrayed as bitches, slaves and whores.

True story.

Pages upon pages of sexist bile, but my pro-women comment gets me a five-day suspension.

No logic, no justice.

Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Unread postby Masterofoneinchpunch » 14 Jul 2016, 23:19

Markgway wrote:Someone posted a quote complaining that the reboot stereotyped men -- as if!?!

I merely said that would make up for decades of women in Hollywood being portrayed as bitches, slaves and whores.

True story.

Pages upon pages of sexist bile, but my pro-women comment gets me a five-day suspension.

No logic, no justice.

That does seem a bit stupid (on their part not yours.)

Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby Shingster » 15 Jul 2016, 17:37

It's the language you used, the mods at Blu-ray.com can't handle even the slightest bit of agitation and language like that is provocative to them. They don't live in the real world, the entire forum is ridiculusly over-sensitive, if someone posts a nonsensical comment and you call them up directly on it you get absolutely slaughtered by other members. On the other side of the spectrum though their resident DVD/BD reviewer Dr. Svet Asanov is allowed to talk to the members like they're a piece of dogshit he's trodden in and now has to scrape off his shoe with his fingers.

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby Markgway » 15 Jul 2016, 17:45

Don't disagree with any of that. The mods can be very rude. I would understand my suspension if I actually was calling women nasty names, but my post was defending them against the kind of sexism that was a problem in that thread. Where's the nuance? I see quite a few other members have been suspended since, but I don't know what they posted, or whether it was justified. Earlier Toddly666 posted a similarly ironic criticism of the Ghostbusters sexism. I'm sure he'll be next on the suspend list.

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby HungFist » 15 Jul 2016, 17:59

I'm terribly tempted to ban Mark just as a joke :lol: I'd love to see his face when he comes to bullets and finds out he's been banned here, too :lol:

But since I can't (see his face), I won't. Boring :(

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby Markgway » 15 Jul 2016, 18:19

I wish all mods were relaxed and reasonable like HungFist.

Oh, and Toddly666 has been suspended as I suspected.

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby Markgway » 04 Oct 2016, 06:00

Suspended again... this time for seven days.

"You have been banned for the following reason:
Time to go sit in the corner for a week for making idiotic race baiting and offensive posts. Your attempt at humor failed miserably. Don't do it again."

I fucking hate mods, especially anonymous ones who subscribe to this PCSJW bullshit, because, you know, black people are incapable of either defending themselves from genuine racism or laughing at satire... The 'go sit in the corner' remark is massively patronising, but that's OK, yeah? Surely, humour is subjective? Just because one asshat didn't find it funny doesn't mean no one else will.

In case you're wondering, my supposed crime was to post a (mock) script excerpt from Nate Parker's Birth of a Nation; in response to accusations that he added a rape scene that never happened in real life. I did this in the style of an urban gangsta movie. I can't remember the exact text, and naturally, it's been deleted. Obviously deleting the post wasn't enough though. Justice must be done by suspending me as well, because, you know, because. It wasn't racist. Anyone with half a brain would know that, but these days, it's virtually impossible to argue your case against morons.

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby HungFist » 04 Oct 2016, 09:41

John Cleese on Political Incorrectness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCj6YNI ... be&t=1m32s

moonleek
Jackie Chan's little toe

Unread postby moonleek » 11 Oct 2016, 00:18

At least they told why you were suspended and for how long, even if they are doing it just to fuck with you it seems. When I got banned on sc36 I was never even given an explanation. I guess they thought I didn't deserve one. Then about a month later I started a new account under the name cobalteclipse, and I sent a moderator a pm telling them who I am and explaining that my Morgoth account had been hacked and that I don't think that I deserved to be banned. The next day I logged on and this time I was told why I was banned. It said that I was banned for creating multiple accounts, harassing members (which is bullshit), and get this, I had only been banned for 30 days, and since I created a new account and posted before my 30 day sentence was up, I am banned permanently now. So markgway just be glad that the asshole who banned you actually told you why you were banned and for how long. I wish I would have gotten a message like that, and I would have just waited 30 days. "You're an idiot and you're banned for 30 days." Is that too much to ask? So now I am creating a bunch of accounts and I'm harassing the members there. I figure if they don't want want me back on the forum, then what's the point of trying to contribute to the forum. If they think I'm an asshole, I may as well be one. Yeah yeah I know how stupid this sounds, but it's actually been a really good way of venting my anger. And wow I do have a lot of anger.

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby Markgway » 11 Oct 2016, 05:58

My "suspension" should be up now. I'll go check in a bit. But I won't be posting in any of the off-topic threads, I'm only about the Blu-rays now. Had enough of jumped-up intellectual pipsqueaks who don't understand satirical intent wagging their smelly fingers at me.

saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby saltysam » 11 Oct 2016, 10:11

Markgway wrote:My "suspension" should be up now. I'll go check in a bit. But I won't be posting in any of the off-topic threads, I'm only about the Blu-rays now. Had enough of jumped-up intellectual pipsqueaks who don't understand satirical intent wagging their smelly fingers at me.
probably a wise move,strike 3 would be the ban hammer i think.it's the way they are, depends how much you value posting there i supppose.
working class blu-ray fan

saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby saltysam » 22 Nov 2016, 02:10

KFC has been down for a few days (for me at least) getting a configuration error when i try and access the site.Hopefully it's a temporary problem.

Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Unread postby Masterofoneinchpunch » 22 Nov 2016, 17:01

saltysam wrote:KFC has been down for a few days (for me at least) getting a configuration error when i try and access the site.Hopefully it's a temporary problem.

Down for all. Not sure what the issue is. I like seeing the 500 Error though better than the first problem where it did not show anything. I'll make a guess that the database got hosed somehow. Hopefully (regardless of issue) they have clean backup(s).

Ivan Drago
Hail the Judge!

Unread postby Ivan Drago » 02 Dec 2016, 23:10

It's still down.
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.

Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Unread postby Masterofoneinchpunch » 20 Dec 2016, 19:22

moonleak/morgoth: since the site resetted technically you could probably log on :).

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby HungFist » 20 Apr 2017, 13:21

Mark got himself banned at BD.com yet? :lol:

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby Markgway » 21 Apr 2017, 00:02

Hmm... not yet. Why would I be banned?

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby HungFist » 21 Apr 2017, 03:12

I thought the "arse" would get you in trouble.

Right, now that I think about it, it wasn't BD but KFC that banned you for the Christmas pic. It's confusing when so many boards wanna ban you for different reasons :lol:

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby Markgway » 21 Apr 2017, 23:40

I guess I just attract that sort of negativity.

Ivan Drago
Hail the Judge!

Unread postby Ivan Drago » 07 May 2017, 20:56

BD.COM has its resident arse in Dr Svet...
bradavon wrote:

but I guess you're more intelligence than me.

saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby saltysam » 13 May 2017, 18:11

KFC is pretty quiet these days, not as moribund as here but very little activity apart from the Shaws and Bruceploitation threads.

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread postby Markgway » 14 May 2017, 15:36

Oh, no! That's terrible! ;)

Return to “Anything Goes”